• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

6.0 and 4L80e swap issues??

Cowboy_Elvis

So I came across a very low mileage lq4 6.0 (60k) and trans for only $2600. Will this be  a relatively easy swap? Besides reflashing the computer, what all else should I prep for? Does everything pretty much line up or am I going to have to get stuff fabricated? Appreciate the help from the guys who have done this swap.

The 6.0 is a direct drop in.. The 4l80E swap is likely going to need other components to work. I am interested in seeing if you get this to work for my own truck...

The transmission is likely different sized so you will need different axle shafts. If you have a 4x4 you may need a different transfer case as well. The Transmission cross member is likely going to need to be changed or modified.

When putting a 4l80e into a Caprice the transmission tunnel needs to be hammered out to be made bigger. You may find the same in the Avalanche.

Note I have not done this myself and only offering suggestions hoping someone that has done this corrects anything I said wrong. :)

Back