• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Possible to Swap Bose to Non-Bose Between trucks?

TheTez

Hey Guys.

To keep it simple,  I Have 2 Trucks, an 04, and an 05,  The 05 Has the regular Sound system  The 04 has the Bose
My Standard sound system(04) has an aftermarket head unit with the Pac Adapter and Chime, I've also updated the speakers from the stock speakers.
The Bose system is completely Stock. 

Is it possible,  or how possible is it to Remove the entire Bose System, And Replace it with the Non Bose system from the other truck? Is it major pita wiring, or is it a couple plugs and running the wires to the doors?

OK first the difference between the Bose and Stock system is the bose has a amp and subwoofer in console and tweeter in the A pillar.

So its a major PITA to pull the entire harness out of one and splice it into the other, plus if you want to use the stock headuniit it will have to be programmed also.

Are you discouraged yet ???

OK first the difference between the Bose and Stock system is the bose has a amp and subwoofer in console and tweeter in the A pillar.
Right, This is the easy part as far as i;m concerned, and if this is the hard part than great! i want to Literally Tear that amp/sub out and i dont care about the tweeters, i can just leave them with out wires from the new system running to them.

So its a major PITA to pull the entire harness out of one and splice it into the other, plus if you want to use the stock headuniit it will have to be programmed also.
Like i said i have an Aftermarket head unit in the original truck, i literally want to pull the entire system from the non-bose and put it in the truck that has the bose. I would like to pull everything out having to do with Bose.  So my question is still, How does it tap in if i have both wiring harnesses,  is their a plug at some point that i can unplug and just plug in the new system and rerun all the wire, or would it literally be finding wires who knows how far back, cutting them, and actually splicing them in.  I am not, planning on keeping anything.

Are you discouraged yet ???
Not to be rude, But why would i be?  The difference of the sub and amp mean nothing to me, id like to just get rid of them and replace the entire system with a Stock Non bose System,  maybe ill be discouraged once i find out how the radio harness hooks up to the truck.  I would assume that the trucks are made and essentially wired the same, Then everything 'upgraded' would get an add on harness or a different style harness that plugs into that main harness, But i do now know.

Maybe i should explain in a little more detail, But it Seems maybe more info about my situation is needed.

I Have a White 05 Avalanche That has the No Frills System.  The Truck Is Dead. It's now a loaner for my Black 04 (which ill be picking up this Wed)

The Black 04 Has a Bose System.  I would like to pull out the Bose System Because i dont want it.  If it is possible to Remove the amp, Remove the sub, And pull all the wires back through the Cab and doors to a connection point under the dash I would like to do this.     

My Hope is that The Bose System wiring harness can be traced back to the main harness and where it splits off, Disconnect it,  then do the same in the Non-bose system.  If thats how the radio harnesses are connected then i would just swap over my after market speakers and head unit to the Black 04 now with the Non Bose 05 wiring harness.

Yes, yes, 'Why go through all that trouble'  Well,  i am swapping the bench seats out of the 05 into the 04, and i know the bench doesnt like to fit over the amp, And then you've got the harness running under the seat.  I wan't to keep it clean looking.

Back