• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rust repair panels

screwowner

My 07 has some rust issues, I found the dog legs for behind the rear doors, upper wheel arches, but am having a real hard time finding the rear most panels like above the tail pipe... are they the same as the chev truck box panels or am I stuck trying to make my own?

Not sure exactly where you are talking about but the AV is built on the Suburban frame and some of it's panels not the Silverado pickup panels.

There are threads in this link that talk about procedures to add pic to your posts....

https://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=2.0

The few members I've seen that had those areas worked on were cut out and replaced with custom cut and formed metal. Unfortunately that panel is unique to the Avalanche so you won't find anything you can pull from another model short of another Avalanche.

screwowner, mine is rusted in that exact spot on the passenger side. auto body shop quoted north of $2500 to repair. exactly what ca2kjet said, they would cut it out and custom form new metal to replace.

I have a 2007 with rust in the same area and was able to find an 07 at a local junk yard with both side rear quarter panels not showing rust.  They told me they would cut the back half off the truck and split it down the middle of the bed (front to back) for easier transport.  Then I could bring it home and remove the spot welds to take the panels off the donor truck.  Total cost would be $500 for the back half of the Avalanche.  I'm just a little worried that there may be rust on the inside of the panel once I went through all that to remove it.  Wonder if anyone else here has done that?

Back