• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NEW - Official Southern Michigan Chapter

bcavanau

It's Official, there is now a "Southern Michigan" Chapter.

I named this chapter "Southern Michigan" because that seems to be where most of the members are located, and thus more likely to be where most get togethers will be held. As with any chapter on the board, everyone with an Avalanche is welcome to particiapate. I know there are members from as far north as the U.P., and members in Northern Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, where it would be closer for them to attend out gtg's, etc. You are all welcome....

I would like to introduce myself to you all. My name is Brian, and I use the member name "bcavanau". I just got my Avalanche on 8-19-03, it is a Light Metallic Pewter, Z-71. I live in Byron (about 20 mi north of Howell), with my wife, Dawn, and my 9 month old son, Kenneth.

I decided to create this chapter because there seemed to be no "official" happenings here in Michigan. There were a couple clubs listed, but they have pretty much never got going. There have been a few gtg's arranged by "AvalancheXXX" at BW3's In Novi, and a tour of a truck plant in Flint. His gtg's have had a pretty good turn out, but he did not want to take on the challenge of full-time coordinater, so I stepped up to bat. I have emailed both "rvissers", and "AvalancheXXX", and they have agreed (I hope) to help me out a little.

Just to let you know, I will be leaving tommorow (8-29-03) for a 10 day vacation to Florida, so depending on my wherabouts I may/may not have computer access. I just wanted everyone to know so that you didn't think I fell off the face of the earth...

Below is a list of Members that I have found to be in Michigan, If you are aware of any others, please let me know. I will be emailing/pm'ing everyone I have found to be in Michigan. This will be "first contact", and please forgive me if you don't want to recieve these messages, just let me know, an I will take you off the list.

When/If you visit this thread, please reply to the thread and tell us a little about you, your family (optional), and your Avalanche.

Z71offrd??????
TLB?????????
Penguin?????????
AVid?????????
pmoe?????????
BadBlackAv??????
dadyo39?????????
i2tall2c??????
AvalancheXXX??????
blrmkr?????????
2Cents?????????
Biggie?????????
rvissers??????
Mongo Ranger??????
avaeverafter??????
Blackhawk??????
MiksToy?????????
The_Malt??????
luv2boat??????
TroyAvalanche??????
Mr. Ott?????????
jzaks?????????
yoda776?????????
Type_R_Avey??????
n8pbm?????????
robert?????????
outlw?????????
michAV?????????
fozzybear??????
stuey?????????
chevy2?????????
gijo?????????
topperge??????
Mdz66?????????
ratthedd
jasgot
rockslide
heavychevy
monson123
David_B
kodeski
dcs
pluto
lotan_z
SJProwler
Avalanche44

Aslo, please let me know what/when you would like to see as far as our first "official" get together??

Congrats on taking the "lead" role.

My name is Rick, and my wife, Rosana, and I are fortunate enough to have 2 avalanches. Her Av is a 2002 SOM Z71, and His Av is a 2003 Green 4x4.

We have two kids, a girl Sofia 3yrs, and Gabe 10 mos. Also, we are fortunate that my wifes job was to be a part of the GM launch team that helped Silao assy produce the Avalanche and Cadillac EXT.

We recently bought a place up north in Elk Rapids, so we are spending a lot of time remodeling it to get it ready for Snowmobiling season!! WOO HOO! Arctic Cat rules the snow!! ( ;D sorry a shameless plug!)

Haven't been able to coordinate and get to the gtg's but have done the Auto Show with some of the members. That was a lot of fun!

ciao for now
Rick

Hi everyone!

I have a Black 03 1500 2wd Av that is pretty much a base model with the exception of the buckets and Bose system. I picked it up on 3/24/03.

I live in Ypsilanti and I grew up in Flint. Currently I work as an advertising sales manager at the student newspaper at Eastern Michigan University. Also I am in the MBA program at EMU.

Some of the mods that I have are
1. Westin Black Step Bars
2. GM Bug Shield
3. Custom Visor Labels
4. Amber DRL's
5. 885 Fogs
6. Silverstars Hi & Low
7. Gibson Exhaust Tip

I don't want to change the direction of this subject but I figure with a large group of MI Av owners its a good chance. Anyone know of an offroad shop in the SE MI area that does lifts & sells off road tires? The closer to Ypsi the better but I don't mind driving either.

I look forward to meeting everyone at the next GTG!

Tony Tonkin
BadBlackAv

Hey guys,
My name is Matt and I have a problem...sorry wrong club. Anyways, I have an 03 SGM Northface, with mods arriving daily.

I live in Saint Clair Shores and grew up in Grosse Pointe. I am 22 without a wife or kids so I have plenty of mod money to go around. I currently work at R.L. Polk & Co. in Southfield as an Application Architect developing web facing applications for Automotive OEMs.

So far my mods include:
1) Billet Grill
2) Billet BowTie
3) Powdercoat Westing Side Steps with Saintless insert
4) Line-Xed Taillight gaurds
5) Line-Xed Bumper Gaurd
6) Amber DRLs
7) Audio System soon to be installed

My family has a cottage up on Harsens Island so you can normally find me and my Yamaha jet ski tearing up Muskamoo bay on the weekends.

BadBlackAv, there are a few shops in southeast MI that can do a lift for you, one is Mumbleys offroad on Gratiot in Roseville, another is Truck Stuff on Gratiot in Macomb (22 mile road) there are a few other shops but thats all I know where people have gotten work done at.

I hope to see you all at the next GTG, with the weather starting to turn back cold I should be able to make them now.

Matt Topper
topperge

(y)Way to go, Brian! Thanks for stepping up!
That's a big list of MI members you got there! :eek:
How did you get all those names? ???
I don't know how soon you want to have your first GTG, but if you're going, you might want to lead your crew down to Butch's place for his modding GTG. As WI comes around the lake we are hoping to hook up with the IL members, and we could also meet up with you guys some where! Just a thought. :0:

Jen

Way to go Brian!

My name is Dave and live in Fenton, work in Clarkston.

I design Subdivisions and Condos for a living.

Married with three kids ages 10, 13 & 14.

I have a 2003 Z71 Av in Arrival Blue with just about every Flag Type Mod I could Find.

The one consistent hobby I have is Steelhead Fishing!
I also like NASCAR and tinkering around with my Pond.

Picture of Av can be found at
http://www.msnusers.com/FOZZYBEARSAV/avalanche.msnw?Page=1

jnspur said:
(y)Way to go, Brian! Thanks for stepping up!
That's a big list of MI members you got there! :eek:
How did you get all those names? ???
I don't know how soon you want to have your first GTG, but if you're going, you might want to lead your crew down to Butch's place for his modding GTG. As WI comes around the lake we are hoping to hook up with the IL members, and we could also meet up with you guys some where! Just a thought. :0:

Jen

I went through the board, and checked all the threads that "AvalancheXXX" had for the bw3 gtg's and the Flint Tour.....got a total of 34 members (if I can count right)

Not too sure about getting to Butch's place....that's on the 20th and 21st, right? Since I will be gone until the 8th of Spt. on vacation, may make it a little diff to get everyone organized....

If you guys are interested in heading down there let me know.....info is here --> http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=10060

fozzybear said:
Way to go Brian!

My name is Dave and live in Fenton, work in Clarkston.

I design Subdivisions and Condos for a living.

Married with three kids ages 10, 13 & 14.

I have a 2003 Z71 Av in Arrival Blue with just about every Flag Type Mod I could Find.

The one consistent hobby I have is Steelhead Fishing!
I also like NASCAR and tinkering around with my Pond.

Picture of Av can be found at
http://www.msnusers.com/FOZZYBEARSAV/avalanche.msnw?Page=1

Hey fozzybear,

Probably seen you around...we (my wife and I ) do a lot of shopping at the new Wal-Mart, and usually hit Pizza Hut once or twice a week... Fenton is probably the closest place for us to shop...

You, I beleive, are the closest member to me....

Brian

Congrats Brian on stepping up and starting a new MI chapter! I see the jnspur has already suggested that you guy cruise down here to the Central Indiana Modding GTG. There are a few members that have already signed to come and you guys SHOULD all get together and cruise down as a club! I will most likely go to some GTG's that you put together up there next spring. Jen, Gary,(juspur & Black_Chevy} Mark (Mongo Ranger & his wife) all went camping this past spring in a very nice state park in northern Indiana. It is probley closer to you than it is to me, but I would like to do something like that again early in the spring. I am booked full for the fall!

See you in September, Butch

Well Brian I believe we are pretty close to each other. If you see my truck around town don't be afraid to wave me down and we can meet each other in person!

Hey Everybody,

I believe I've had the pleasure of meeting about 15-20 of you at a few of the GTG's I've set up in the past. I'll tip my hat to BCavanau for heading up an official Michigan Club. I'm looking forward to attending his GTG's.

I'm 30 and I reside fairly close to the Novi BW3's. Is anyone surprised? I bought my Av last Feb. It's an '03 Onyx Black Z71, with about every option except NFE or block heater. At one time I had a '01 Ford SuperCrew Lariat, and while I really liked that, I love my Av. I'm not married, and I'm kidless. I'm in the automotive design business, where I am working on components for 2007 GM Truck (aka GMT900) and 2005 Cadillac. Currently, my Av has only one mod, amber drl's. My list of 'Would Like to Do' mods has many bullet points and totals many thousand dollars. I somehow doubt I'll really ever get many of those items actually on my Av.

I've recently taken up mountain biking as a hobby and I really like it. Also, for kicks, I'm involved in the acting business and I also enjoy writing sketch comedy. I was recently in New York and New Jersey where I was an extra for an episode of the currently filming season of The Sopranos. Yes, Adriana really looks that good in person. If I'm lucky, I'll appear on the show for a millionth of a second in March '04.

Hope to see everyone at Brian's GTG,
Av XXX

Hey AV_XXX

you are working on the gmt-900? what components do you have? I am involved with the team that has the PT mechanical controls.

see ya
Rick

Hello Everyone,

I live in Fenton and own a 03 Arrival Blue AV 4X4. I am married with three children. I work for GM Powertrain at the Pontiac HQ building. Technically I am an Electrical Engineer but currently working on cost savings :rolleyes:.

I have only added one mod to the AV. Patriotic lettering to the cladding.

I also run another club's website (camping related) as a hobby and do programming and database work.

Mike

Hello all,

I have a Black Z71 that I took delivery on in Feb. I love this vehicle!

I live in Grand Blanc, MI with my wife Rayna who is expecting in October and my 21 month old son Anthony.

I am a teacher at Sherman Middle School in Holly, MI. I teach 8th grade mathematics. My wife works for EDS in Pontiac.

As far as modding, not much yet: Patriotic lettering on cladding, bugflector, amber DRL's, Patriotic rear window screen, console rubber mat and patriotic bowtie decal. Planning on doing the power tailgate lock/unlock in the near future though.

Hi everyone! My name is Mike, and I go by Z71offrd (my old Hotmail address from back in ~'97). I am married, no kids, and live in Freeland, MI. I am a chemist, working in a research lab to develop new products.

I have a black '03 Z71 (loaded, no XM). I've been to a few GTGs, but haven't made it to the BW3's yet. I have yet to see another pair of Amber DRLs, except at a GTG! I also like to spend time restoring my '77 Trans Am, and try to drive it whenever I can...I love car shows! ;D

On a side note, we had a nice "Fall Color Tour" last year that Luv2boat (Erick) put together. We joined up with some members of the Michigan Jeepers group for some LITE off-roading up in Grayling. Anyone willing to co-ordinate another GTG this fall??

Mike :B:

Z71offrd said:
Hi everyone! My name is Mike, and I go by Z71offrd (my old Hotmail address from back in ~'97). I am married, no kids, and live in Freeland, MI. I am a chemist, working in a research lab to develop new products.

I have a black '03 Z71 (loaded, no XM). I've been to a few GTGs, but haven't made it to the BW3's yet. I have yet to see another pair of Amber DRLs, except at a GTG! I also like to spend time restoring my '77 Trans Am, and try to drive it whenever I can...I love car shows! ;D

On a side note, we had a nice "Fall Color Tour" last year that Luv2boat (Erick) put together. We joined up with some members of the Michigan Jeepers group for some LITE off-roading up in Grayling. Anyone willing to co-ordinate another GTG this fall??

Have you seen the GTG next month on the 27th? Check out the thread at : http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=70;action=display;threadid=15692

Give me some more information on the "light off-roading" and maybe we can set something up for that as well....I have always wanted to do that...

Brian

bcavanau said:
Have you seen the GTG next month on the 27th? Check out the thread at : http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=70;action=display;threadid=15692

Give me some more information on the "light off-roading" and maybe we can set something up for that as well....I have always wanted to do that...

Brian

We all met up in Grayling and drove out to the tank trails that surround the military base up there. There were two Z71 Avs, a Z66 Av, and a 2500 2wd. For the most part, it was pretty easy going. The 2500 (Luv2boat) had some nice 20's on it, and couldn't get any traction going. The Z66 didn't really have any problems keeping up on the trails. We happened to miss the "color" portion of the tour by a couple weeks, and actually had some snow on the ground!

Z71offrd said:
We all met up in Grayling and drove out to the tank trails that surround the military base up there. There were two Z71 Avs, a Z66 Av, and a 2500 2wd. For the most part, it was pretty easy going. The 2500 (Luv2boat) had some nice 20's on it, and couldn't get any traction going. The Z66 didn't really have any problems keeping up on the trails. We happened to miss the "color" portion of the tour by a couple weeks, and actually had some snow on the ground!

Mike,

That sounds good.. Maybe that could be the theme for our second Michigan gtg....

If you come to the Sept gtg, we can discuss setting this up for maybe Oct, Nov....

I had a Silverado Z-71 I traded in to get my Av, and always wanted to do some off-road, but never got around to it.

Later,

Brian
Southern Michigan Coordinator

Hello All

My name is Mike and I am married with 2 boys. I have a Black 2002 Z-71 "loaded" except for leather buckets and block heater that my kids have named "Blackhawk". :B: I'm also a jeep fan. I have 2 1995 Jeep Wranglers as well as a 95 4X4 Suburban and a 99 Z-71 Pickup. (the insurance company loves me!) :E: My kids name all of my vehicles. I live in the Caro area and usually only drive my AV for special occasions. Mods are amber DRL's and GM's kit with bug guard, flaps, and ventshades and a portable video system. I want to install neon and possibly strobes to personalize my AV a little more. I want to make GTG's but work most weekends,(I'm in Law Enforcement) but could probably make evening events. A Gratiot Cruise would be fun. Maybe a meet at White Castles at 11 mile. (I grew up in the area.) PM me if you plan anything.

Hi to all the members in Michigan. I have on this site for a short time now and enjoy it very much. I work at DRAPER Chevrolet in Saginaw MI. Sorry I didn't make it to the plant tour a few months back I was dealing with the ending of my realtionship with a girl who also works at the dealership. Well I have met a new girl who has her head screwed on straight and I think that my life is back to normal, (if there is such a thing ;)).
I am not planning to many things in advance, but if I can I will try to get to some of the meets in the future.

Keep us informed on events.

Terry (y)

Hi,

My name is Jeff and I live in between Union, MI and Bristol IN. I'm 34 and single. Never married with no kids. I have an 02 Summit White North Face Edition. Mods so far include:

Husky Liners
Amber DRL's
Hardwired V1
855 Fog's
Tinted Front Windows
12 Disc Pioneer CD Changer
GM Hood Deflector

I'm a degreed electrical engineer but I'm in sales. I sell electrical automation equipment.

I also club race motorcycles and ATV's for fun.

I grew up in Traverse City MI and have lived in Houghton (school), Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Bay City.

Nice to meet everyone.

Hey all, my name is Anthony, I'm 22 years old and originally from Kansas City, Missouri but right now I go to school at Kettering University (GMI) in Flint. I'm in my last semester here, finishing up my Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's degree. In May of this year I bought an Arrival Blue '03 Z71, fully loaded except XM and side steps (didn't want them). My current mods include:

20% tinted front windows
Tahoe Z71 emblems
Amber DRLs
Billet grille
K&N Drop-In fliter
Magnaflow 3"/3" muffler

I'll be in Michigan for another month or so before I head back to my job at GM Fairfax Assembly in KC,KS. If anything is happening, I'd be glad to get together, eat some wings, drink some beer and tell some lies.

>>Anthony<<

Welcome to the club, all of you Newbies!
I hope you are all joining Brian at his first GTG!

Anthony, KC has a Chapter, too!

Hi all,
BgBlkAvalanche here ( aka:Eric)
Live south of Fenton, and work in Livonia. I attended one of the Meets in Novi, and the plant tour in Flint.
2002 AV bought 7/5/01. So far:
Amber lights, amp-sub-speakers, wheels & tires, Escalade cluster, SS lettering on doors, tailgate lettering, window tint, muffler & SS tip.
I uaually drive company trucks, so my AV sits a lot, but you may see me around, and if not sure, the licence plate will confirm: BGBLKAV...

Hi :)
Im NEWBIES :) & this is my first posting on forum.

I am from Shelby Township area, works for GM Powertrain in Warren. I own 03 Arrival Blue Avalanche, bought on 5/23/03. My wife, Judy, 4 year old son, Matthew, and I spend few months shopping around for the right family vehicle. We test drove Tahoe, Yukon, Trialblazer, Envoy, and finaly we test drove this Avalanche. My son said buy this one, cuz its blue ! 50% decision made by my son, 50% from us ! ;D

Our Z66 is loaded with Leather interior, Sunroof, Convenience package, assist steps and roof rack. We are very glad with our decision to purchase it. We sold our old 94 Pontiac Bonneville for this. Its my first truck in my life! Judy wish to have second Avalanche to replace her 98 Pontiac Montana! :p She end up stealing my Av. out of our garage !

I will try to come out for GTG outings.

My former vehicles were '83 Camaro, '90 Corvette, '85&'92Grand Ams, '88&'94 Bonnevilles. and
'77 Monte Carlo.
I am currently exploring any add on for my Av. and these forums have been helpful to give me ideas.

Mark
Z66_GA to SK

Back