• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Dealer Visit Update

RDSIGN

Charter Member
;D ;D
Had the AV into the dealer, to check the frount end. I thought it was a little loose. Before I took it in I checked the tire pres. I changed the pres. from 30 to 40psi. The dealer found the allignment out, fixed it up. The radio was replaced do to it was loosing time. The truck now feel ALOT more stable I can especialy notice a big improvment in the wind. The dealer Saskatoon Motor Products was excellent. The truck is a much more stable machine. ;D ;D ;D

I'm curious why you pumped up your tires to 40 psi? The recommended pressure is 30psi IIRC...

ed

RDSIGN,

My radio forgot the time the other day too. Reset it and it's been fine. Did the dealer give you any grief about swapping the radio or is it a known problem?

I've been considering getting the CD changer/tape player y cable and asking them to plug it in when they change the radio.

Any ammo that I can use to convince him to do the swap will be appreciated.

Fred

ehahn said:
I'm curious why you pumped up your tires to 40 psi? ?The recommended pressure is 30psi IIRC...

ed
I have the Good year Wranglers on a 17 in wheel and they are rated for a maximum of 44psi's. I notice a lot of people here have theirs at 35psi's. I also have mine at 35. Idon't want too hard a tire but yet I want to save every penny on gas that I can.!!

Fred Rose
The dealer had me pull the fuse and let it sit for 10 min. solved the problem for a week, then it came back. There was no problem getting it replaced. I have a print out of a radio recall I got off the net before all those sites dissapeared. Ill scan it tonight and send it to you. There is an admitted problem with the 2002 radios having problems. As for the tire psi no real reason for 40 neighbor runs 44 and told me I should be running that but I thought that was a little to high. I am going to try 35 and see how that is. I was just so happy to have a stabble truck after the changes, because that was the only thing I coud find to complain about

RDSIGN said:
Fred Rose
There was no problem getting it replaced. I have a print out of a radio recall I got off the net before all those sites dissapeared. Ill scan it tonight and send it to you. There is an admitted problem with the 2002 radios having problems.

hey RDSIGN,

i plan on replacing my stock radio with a aftermarket Alpine deck that i bought very soon. do you know if the problem is with the radio itself or something else thanks. also if possible, i'd like a copy to. send to:

jigger@everdream.com

Back