• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone cut a deal on a XM Radio Subsription?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have some deals if you pay for more than a year up front....

if ya pay for 5 years it works out to like 7 per month I think plus the family plan etc etc.,.,..

Check out their site....cause that is all ya gonna get.....they have a million subscribers now....yahoooooooooooo]

HTH

After 3 months free I couldn't bear the thought of returning to regular commercial radio. :3: The cost of XM is well worth it IMHO. I really think they have a great product. They do offer discounts if you pay up front for a loner term subscription.

I signed up for the 2 year deal prepaid and they added the extra 3 months to the deal. The rates are on the XM Website. The XM radio was in the AV and I really didn't want it when I purchased the unit but boy am I glad that it is there now. I told my wife that if the AV had a bathroom there would be no reason to ever step outside.

NO deals, as you have to deal directly through XM and not through third party dealers. The only real deal they give is a discount on the second or third units activatied under one account, or what you already know to be the pay WAY in advance deal. Sorry :9:

I just purchased the Alpine XM tuner to go with my Alpine XM ready headunit from Crutchfield. I went with Crutchfield because I was given a $200 gift certificate from them and only had to fork over $50 bucks for the tuner. Once I get the unit I will make an appointment with my local stereo shop for install. Not a bad deal.

Don't forget the xm antenna (just didn't see mention of it in your post).

Thanks Kodiakz I didn't forget. Althought the xm antenna was cheaper at Crutchfield I was going to purchase the antenna from my local stereo shop instead. I did this because I wanted to test which model get's better reception.

What are the latest deals?  It's time for me to renew, and it's been ten years in a row at working a lower rate.  Last had $77 for a yr plus tax.  

(And I know you can get Pandora, MP3,s, etc.  I like the convenience and options of XM, the integration in my head unit, etc.)

Call and tell them you have to cancel because it's too expensive, you will eventually be put thru to the "Retention" department.
Be polite but,insist on the best deal or you'll have to cancel. it almost always works for me, I do it with my cell contract every 3 years when I renew. It's surprising what they can do to keep a polite, long time customer happy.

If customer service can't give you what you want, call the Retention Department direct @ 1-888-601-6302

Check this page out, that talks about it and has a quick video too.
http://www.spoofee.com/deals-Existing_Customers_How_to_get_50_off_Sirius_XM_Radio-732226.htm#.UdoLgKxSB6s

I still use the $25 for 6 months let it expire in a month or 2 they offer it again.

I just paid around $400 for lifetime subscription about 5 or 6 years ago...
I am not bugged nor do I worry about it anymore..

Wish DirecTV had similar deal....

I have been getting XM for free for about 7 or 8 years now...lol
When I was in Texas, I bought a used home and car unit from someone locally...
I took it home and turned it on just to see the workings of it, and all the stations worked!
I figured there was a leftover subscription on it and it would expire the following month....but I now think the previous owner had bought a lifetime subscription for the unit because I am listening to it right now as I type! lol  >:D

"I bought a used home and car unit from someone locally..."

He also got what was attached to it, so I would not call that stealing it. 

Receiving a subscription service without paying for it???

I bought my hardware AND I pay for the subscription service.

The previous owner had paid for a lifetime subscription to the unit...so the subscription is paid for...I am the one just using it now...not him.

It is all legit.

The only way it would be stealing is if I were to modify the unit so it could get the signal for free...but trust me, I am not smart enough to know how to do it.

If you bought a house and the previous owner passed away and he had a lifetime subscription to Playboy that were still being delivered to the house, would that be okay?

If you bought a used coat and found $1M sewn into the lining, would that be okay?

Rationalize it however you want, but in my mind, a man of honor and integrity would not accept something he didn't earn or pay for.

Stackrat said:
Rationalize it however you want, but in my mind, a man of honor and integrity would not accept something he didn't earn or pay for.

I guess only about half of this country is folks of honor and integrity then.

He paid for something with the subscription.  He's good in my book - as if that counts for anything, LOL!

enoniam said:
I guess only about half of this country is folks of honor and integrity then.

More like WAY less than half, if you count the corporate welfare!

Sorry, but I see that as one of the major problems with our society.  Everybody's high-fives themselves when the "stick it to 'The Man'"!

Queue the Tool song - "Hooker With A P***s":
Well now I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point the finger
You should know that
I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,
Then you're the man, and
He's the man as well
so you can point that ....

You get the idea

Stackrat said:
More like WAY less than half, if you count the corporate welfare!

Sorry, but I see that as one of the major problems with our society.  Everybody's high-fives themselves when the "stick it to 'The Man'"!

Queue the Tool song - "Hooker With A P***s":
You get the idea

This coming from a guy who's signature quote pretty much says if I don't like the rules I break them? 

Nooooooo...  

It says I'm morally responsible for whatever I do.

Murder, rape, theft, ... are immoral acts - we can agree on that.

Telling me I can't drink a Big Gulp in New York City because they've decided people can't be trusted to figure out how much soda they can drink in one sitting... is obnoxious.

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Drop the Political debate....

Thread done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back