• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How Much Does It Weigh???

Trophyman

Charter Member
How much does the 1500 4WD Z-71, with hard bed covers weigh?
Is there a sticker somewhere?
CPA needs to know. Depreciation or something.....

Anybody help?

Trophyman.

The curb weight is
1500 2wd 5400 lbs
1500 4wd 5652 lbs
2500 2wd 6353 lbs
2500 4wd 6642 lbs

These weights were from the Gm web site hope they help.
;D ;D ;D

I actually took my truck to the city dump to help a friend get rid of a few things and the rig weighed around 5900 itself (minus cargo, minus passengers (incl. driver))...

FYI...

I just weighed mine last night and it came to 5820 w/o any people and a full tank of gas ;D

Seems that those that have weighed theirs come in more than 200 lbs then the curb weight.

Whats up with that?

Options...options...options.
Curb weight is the weight of std Av...not too many of those on the road. Bigger wheels/tires, sunroof, pwr leather seats all adds up.

I think the 17" wheels/tires must weigh about 500 pounds each! Everybody who looks at my Av cannot believe how big they are. They ask when I'm going to run in the monster truck event.

Curb wieght is dry - full tank of gas = 180#. Driver in = 150-200#. The 5820 with full tank and no driver is pretty close.

the original post on the TAX benefit of owning the AVY

RDSIGN said:
The curb weight is
1500 2wd 5400 lbs
1500 4wd 5652 lbs
2500 2wd 6353 lbs
2500 4wd 6642 lbs

These weights were from the Gm web site hope they help.
;D ;D ;D

first this is probably dry weight second Z71 prob weight more due to the extra stuff..

I just traded in my 1500 for a 2500 ,one thing that made up my mind was the 30% tax deduction I got because the truck was over 6000lbs.

midlifecrisis said:
I think the 17" wheels/tires must weigh about 500 pounds each! Everybody who looks at my Av cannot believe how big they are. They ask when I'm going to run in the monster truck event.

That's funny, b/c I think they look puny on such a big truck with such huge wheel wells! Guess they are pretty big when sitting next to an average car.

RichUF said:
midlifecrisis said:

That's funny, b/c I think they look puny on such a big truck with such huge wheel wells! Guess they are pretty big when sitting next to an average car.

They ain't nothing compared to those 20" optionals on the new Dodges! :eek: Those things are taller than my hood!

I'm a CPA and what your CPA really want to know is the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). It should be on a sticker on the driver side door jam (I think). I am pretty sure that it is over 6,000, which is the magic number for the tax break.

Coyote

My 1500 4x4 with cladding & hard panels is listed 5,678 curb weight. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) is 7,000# on sticker on the driver side door jam. I always figured 3 tons with a passenger since me and Wendy are lightweights. Now with waag front & rear I'm sure I'm closer to 3 tons. I see people post 5,000# or 2 1/2 tons alot and I look at sig and see Z-71 cladded. Add a driver and some mods and a little gear and even 2x41500s true weight is closer to 3 tons. Besides 3 TONS is easier to type. :mad: /rant

How much (Exactly) does my 2003 Z66 two wheel drive on road edition weigh? Please don't give a guess. Also I would like to know its weight in pounds only.

Stock 17" tires its all stock.

Take it to a weigh station on the highway if you want exact.

Even if the signs say it's closed usually the scales are on. No one can tell you exactly depends on how much gas is in it and what else is in your truck.

Drill down in the Resources section here under 2003 and Specifications and the first listed spec is:

Curb Weight:  5,437 pounds

King of Red Lions said:
How much (Exactly) does my 2003 Z66 two wheel drive on road edition weigh? Please don't give a guess. Also I would like to know its weight in pounds only.

Stock 17" tires its all stock.

5,437 lbs. would be the base stock weight. It wouldn't include sidesteps, roof-rack, moon roof, Bose entertainment system, DVD,... my Z71 base weight is 5652 lbs. but I have all of those options so I'm probably in the range of 5750-5800 lbs. stock. Even my rugged rubber floor mats probably add a couple pounds and they are stock.

Hmm.... never thought of comparing stock weight to current weight to see how much weight in mods have been added  :laugh:

Took mine to a Pilot gas station with the CAT scale. 04 z71 with lift and 33s  @ 6200# without me in it.

7289 with a full tank and about 400 pounds of tools in the bed. :laugh:

2003 2500

wyotonka said:
Hmm.... never thought of comparing stock weight to current weight to see how much weight in mods have been added 

I don't think optional factory equipment is included in the curb weight. The stock front bumper guard on the cladded trucks looks like it weighs quite a few pounds. I've heard a few people say their truck came with a tonneau cover, makes me wonder if the bed panels are included in the base weight.

Leather seats probably add two lbs. over cloth  :laugh: 

Back