• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche Karma

JDEANZ

Just browsing the board here and reading about everyone's Av problems, I wanted to stop and give the Av some good karma for a change.

No rear end noise, cracked rear window trim, brake failure, saggy panels, faded cladding, transmission problems, front end vibration, random squeeking or clicking noises, etc.... happening here. Almost 10,000 mles and my Av is still running like new! (Knock On Wood)

Chevy Avalanche
:B: :B: :B: :B: :B:
[Oh Yea] [Oops]

I've had a few issues... I have a dealer that has settled each one CHEERFULLY.... I give the AVALANCHE :B: :B: :B: :B: :B:

My avy .....2002 over 2 years old.....only one problem...

rear crack window frame......

Knocking on wood here...

Very reliable for me......good luck with yours

I've had a couple minor problems BUT MY DOGS SAY FOUR PAWS UP DADDY. They love to go "crusin" all you have to do is say the C word and their at the door waggin their nubs (thier rotties, no tails). they each have thier own window and sit on the same side every time. So I too would have to say THIS IS AN AWESOME TRUCK.

THE DUCK

Just the front end vibration that the dealer or me can't fix.. BUT I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!

NEVER WILL I TRADE HER!!!!

ok Just my .02

I have had the rear window replaced
replaced vent in front dash
replaced midgate part in back
replaced rubber mat in bed Cracked
replaced lights in bed
replaced on star antenna Stolen.
and I did not pay ANYTHING. yes you saw it ANYTHING NOTHING NOTA
I have a 2002 just under 30K in miles. I got the truck 19 June 2001.
The only bad thing I can say bad about the Av is It must suck to drive a F**d latey.
going in for The rubber on the bed lids cracked and strong sound of wind from passenger door.
That too will be free to replace

Pete

2004,wbh,with flares and door cladding 5.3/,,,9000 miles, not a problem,,5000 miles mexico roads,mud,dirt,rocks, holes,topes..speed bumps every 20 miles...not a problem,,same gas mileage as the 6 tundra,,,like a rock,,rocking on down the road,,, best truck i ever bought,i tell every body get an avalanche...abuelito...on scale 1 to 10 i give it,,,10000000000000000000

abuelito said:
2004,wbh,with flares and door cladding 5.3/,,,9000 miles, not a problem,,5000 miles mexico roads,mud,dirt,rocks, holes,topes..speed bumps every 20 miles...not a problem,,same gas mileage as the 6 tundra,,,like a rock,,rocking on down the road,,, best truck i ever bought,i tell every body get an avalanche...abuelito...on scale 1 to 10 i give it,,,10000000000000000000

Hey Ab,

I see you have learned to use comma's.....LOL

No more run on sentences for you huh? :love:

GoBot

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:my friend,,not using it loosely,,,yak took me under his wings and gave me lessons,,,great guy,,,others just wanted to condem me,,and beat up on me,but not yak he took me aside and gave me private lessons, and didnt charge me one canadian peso...karmas for yak :love: :love: abuelito

24,000k + in not even a year :-[

My major issue was the 4WD malfuntion headache...seems to hopefully be behind me.

Love my truck. Just this morning I was noticing how great it was running...seemed extra powerful today, and I have no idea why. Was a little cool out today, so maybe that was it. Whatever, I'm keeping it till it's dead :B:

abuelito said:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:my friend,,not using it loosely,,,yak took me under his wings and gave me lessons,,,great guy,,,others just wanted to condem me,,and beat up on me,but not yak he took me aside and gave me private lessons, and didnt charge me one canadian peso...karmas for yak :love: :love: abuelito

Hey Ab,

Yak is always the one to go to for help.....You did good!!!

GoBot

I8nSUV aka "Gobot" said:
abuelito said:

Hey Ab,

Yak is always the one to go to for help.....You did good!!!

GoBot

and now you use extra punctuation for extra emphasis ,,, ... ;D Glad to see you've got it now (sort of) (y)

I have had my AV for 2yrs, 4months, 42K. I have had many problems:
Broken Defrosters in side mirrors
Broken Sun-Roof, Had to be replaced
Rattling noise from frontend passenger side engine compartment, air conditioning hoses moved, took 7+ visits to fix totally
Rear and Front rotors defective, have to be replaced. Rears replaced under warranty, except for pads and labor I pay $230, it takes 2+ weeks to fix; fronts replaced aftter warranty, I pay $140 for pads and labor, it takes 2hours max
Crack in rear window, replaced under warranty
Condensation on inside of Fog/DRL lamp assembly on both sides, both replaced under warranty

Even after all these problems, I still love my AV :love:. It is definitely the best truck that I have ever owned.

-James. :cool:

Well on my driveway June 1st 2001 with almost 54,000 miles on it now. going down to Daytona next week So that will be about 3000 miles in a week and a 1/2. Replaced the rear window, midgate latch, Had a mark inside the chrome of the power bar when I first got it. But I have driven it hard with a 4000lbs camper in tow with out a Problem... I have had a few trucks 2 Tahoes 1 S-10 Blazer A 69 caddy limo and my first was a 79 chevy Caprice Wagen With the 350 and no computer stuff.. ( I loved that car)

I just have to give my Av 2 (y) (y) For being there for me when I need it. And for all the FAMILY and FUN it has bought me....

Thanks Glenn And His Avalanche :love:

Only problem in 1 yr 1 mo. 15k miles was the creaking in front end almost since new. Had it fixed this week (crossmember). (y) :B:

Alright......... I had to bump this thread up to the top again considering the thread from james21 popped up with "Who Has Had The Most Problems With Their AV", and remembering that around about a month ago there was a thread from a guy who decided NOT to buy an AV because of all the problems he read about the AV on this site.

I have to admit, after 22,000 miles, I finally had to take my AV in once for the front crossmember noise, but other than that, I still love the AV and wouldn't give it up for anything else (and I know james21 wouldn't either, although he might like to have a DIFFERENT AV) ;) :)

I traded my '02 Avalanche for a loaded '04 Avalanche, my only regret is I did not keep my '02

Back