• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Check Out Avalanche Stories At Pete's Place

Blueruck

Thank you to the admins - Pete will forever have his own forum.

Months from now we can all enjoy telling the new members about Pete and why this is called Pete's Place :) :)

May Goo929 live forever in our hearts :love: he was an amazing man and great friend.

Miss Avalanche :B:

Great Job Admins!!!!! ?Our site will always have Pete with it.

I think of him every time my CAFCNA Member screen saver kicks in. Goo's Neon Chariot and the Hooter Babes.

Thank You ?:)

DoogieDobe

Goo was the first member I traded messages with... It was concerning my sports wing. He was very helpful. Said I was the first one to order it in the Dark grey matillic. Made me feel special.

Rita

Goo was the great one. We have all been touched in some way by Pete... BlackAv, this was a wonderfull idea.
Tractman

So many stories....so many memories....I wouldn't know where to begin, but thank you Chief and gandolph for giving us a forum I can post them in...

For all the members:

I wanted to thank you guys for the praise you've given to me....it's helped me out when there's been a list of things to do thinking about which things goo would have covered for me.

Thank you to gandolph for not letting me drown in my list of "things to do" :)

You guys don't know how much you mean to me, not only today but everyday, just know you've helped make it a little easier for me.

Kim

:love:

Pete(goo 929),

Just wanted to stop by and visit you at your "place".

Rest in Peace goo, we will miss you................

This is a great idea! First of all I would like to thank Chief and Gandolphxx and all the other admins, if it wasn't for you, I would not have some of the friends I have today. (y)

As for Pete, the one thing that sticks in my mind about him is that he tried very hard to please EVERYONE. This is an impossible task even for GOO929 but he did it better than anyone I know.

I mentioned to him that Harpers is a cool place to hang out of Friday nights and he agreed to try it that Friday. I ended up not being able to go but he and a few others still went, next thing I know it was the place to meet. He always made you feel your input counted. He would call me every Friday meet to see if we were coming and give me a hard time if I didn't by saying "your the one that started this". He was there at EVERY FRIDAY MEET!

I know that whoever takes his place in S.A. has some big shoes to fill because we are a wild crowd. We will try not to say "well if GOO was here" too often. I would hope that we do not fall apart and can keep the fire lit that GOO dedicated his last year working so hard for. Besides, no one could get the police's attention quit like GOO could. ;D

Too GOO and other the other hard workers of this site, I SOLUTE you!

KillerMWD

Glad to see everyone hanging out in our new Pete's Place.
Now we just all need to add memorial purple underbody neon kits ;)
Maybe after the winter... :rolleyes:

RIP Goo

First off, Thank you to all the admins & moderators for all the work you put into this club. Second, This is a great idea! This is a great way to honor someone who spent so much time and effort working with all of us through the club. (y)

I have push pinned this thread to the top of the stories section. This thread should be used for stories about Pete, and the contributions he made here. It will allow future members to find out about Pete, and his personality, and why this is Pete's Place.

If we could get people who have pictures of Pete, and/or his AV, to post them here as well, so we have a visual record of him.

A Great Big Thank You from the Alamo City Avalanche Club (San Antonio Texas). We all loved Goo so much and will miss him. We will be going on our last cruise with Goo tomorrow. :cry: :cry:. That just brakes our heart. I am so glad this site is going to be here. Goo will live on . A place to come and talk with other members will be needed in the days to come. Tks to all that made this work.

Give the powers that be a lot of credit for making this happpen....now Goo will live forever in the CAFCNA..it really says something about the character of those who participate on a daily basis in the forums and throughout the rest of the site....God bless you all....and most of all God bless Goo.... :B:

You have another vote of approval from me (y). Goo would be proud and anything within reason that would make him proud, by goosh, we should do it (y)!

A very nice name for this forum.

hey, pete......goo gotta tell your story............

the cafcna, is my first on line, club, and at the beginning for some unknown reason, I had the idea that if I had a "catchy" name for a post, a lot of people would read it!!
my first reply back from you was to use a proper name for the post,....goo when i had water leak on bed cover.

you kinda scolded me for using the title

my av wet the bed.......

goo I laughed so hard I cried.

goo, you are still riding with me, and my av!!

got change

spork_av said:
I have push pinned this thread to the top of the stories section. This thread should be used for stories about Pete, and the contributions he made here. It will allow future members to find out about Pete, and his personality, and why this is Pete's Place.

If we could get people who have pictures of Pete, and/or his AV, to post them here as well, so we have a visual record of him.

Here is a rare pic of the man we called Goo, he is with Texascwgrl's boys at the cruise we had to the Central Texas Auto Museum on Dec. 1

Pete_and_boys.jpg

Texascwgrl this is a great pic! I hope you don't mind me sharing. ;)

MissAvalanche said:
Here is a rare pic of the man we called Goo, he is with Texascwgrl's boys at the cruise we had to the Central Texas Auto Museum on Dec. 1

Pete_and_boys.jpg

Texascwgrl this is a great pic! ?I hope you don't mind me sharing. ? ;)

What a great pic! Made my heart kinda jump to my throat......what a fun cruise that was :)

Kim

wonder91178 said:
What a great pic! Made my heart kinda jump to my throat......what a fun cruise that was :)

Kim

Kim:

I was finally able to post this pic without getting tears in my eyes. Pete is truly missed. His family had fun this past Saturday in Cameron. I will post more pics of Goo or his DUB AV as I go through the pics of files I have.

:) Here is a pic of Musiks to far left, Miss Avalanche in center and Goo with Razz-Taz's son wiping off the back window of Pete's AV.

We were in Alamogordo, New Mexico, we were all washing our AV's and getting them ready for the Cloudcroft cruisin'

13218255.jpg

Here is one of my infamous "following Goo" pics we were headed into a tunnel in the mountains of New Mexico.

13218203.jpg

Back