• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NEW OWNER NEEDS ADVICE

EDBOSSHOG

Traded in my 1500 92 GMC 5.7 auto ext cab shortbed p/u after 11 years and 200k miles of happy ownership. Nothing wrong, just needed 4 doors and short wheelbase. Bought 03 AV 5.3 auto 2wd. Miss the low end torque of the 5.7. Sometimes feels like nothing is happenning when slightly pressing throttle. Like in lane changes or rounding corners. Really goes when I stomp it though! Need some advice. Thinking of cold air hi-flow intake would help??? Or are there other TRIED AND TRUE suggestion on what I should consider first and in addition. Daily commute on x-way and surface roads occasionaly tow. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the club.....

the Avy uses torque management system which reduces wear and tear on the drivetrain.,..which makes it feel like a dog off the line ....

There are several mods members have done to improve Hp...

intakes, exhausts, computers, etc etc...there are tons of threads in sub sections and this main one....read through a bunch of them and ask some particular questions within existing threads...

tons of info..and I am sure your solution is here somewhere...

PS Welcome again

Welcome to the club. As YGMM said there are many threads on what folks have done to up the horsepower; FIPK, ProCold, Volant and homemade cold air are some of the topics I recall seeing just on intake. Then there is the entire realm of headers,exhaust, computers and Superchargers.

I've only been a member 10 days and I'm still trying to catch up on my reading ...

Let the moding begin.

:B:

Back