• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

North Face Registry

escheat1

SM 2005
I keep seeing this SOM Nation and thought Hmmmm

How about a North Face Registry.

Now that there are no more NFE's being built, It may be a good idea to keep track of these instant classics here.

I noticed that there were only 12 NFE's registered at the poll on the "what model do you own" thread (and i may have inadvertently voted more than once)

So if you have a "Y92" NFE let yourself be known here!!!

SOM Nation members with build code "Y92" are most welcome, as are those in "Vista Cruiser" (sage) green. I almost bought one of those but waited too long so Onyx Black it shall be.

:B:

By The Way, if there is anyone from GM who can provide a breakdown of how many Y92's were actually built, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

11/26/03

Thanks for the response so far. I know there must be more "Y92"'s around. Come on let's show those c-pillar badges!!!

Happy Holidays!!!

2003 SGM NFE, one of that last made in January 03 (GM lied and had a few more NFE parts after the first of the year)

Count me in. Mine is a 2002 sage green NFE. I have seen only two other sgm NFE's on the road.

2003 Black NFE

It's the first piece of North Face gear I ever bought. I always liked the stuff, it's just that they didn't make anything I needed that I didn't already have. My camping and climbing gear tends to hang around longer than my trucks. :cautious:

I know what you mean cyberkine.

I went to go get his/hers NF jackets for Xmas last year and...

Couldn't find green to match the interior of an '02

The NFE jackets I did see cost as much as the truck!!!

Thanks for registering.

Identifying total production of North Face is actually something you can do yourself with GM on the phone. One of the few things they CAN manage to do is provide production figures for a SINGLE RPO.

Call the GM hotline - 1.800.222.1020 I believe it is, look in the manual. Simply ask for someone that can assist in production numbers, for 2002 with Y92 and then 2003 with Y92. May have to ask for someone in the Hobby Group.

Realize one thing about calling that #, you can NOT get a figure that combines RPOs. That includes a color breakdown of NFEs. You can't combine NFE (Y92) and yellow, for example. One of the many wonderful features of the multi-million dollar EDS-provided technology package in use at GM.

Has anyone ever contacted North Face themselves....to see if they well,,.,,,,like the AVY?

I wish I had the North Face Edition if I were going to get a new AV I was going to get a North Face Edition but now they don't make it anymore :6: :6: :6: I will just have to be a North Face Edition Want-A-Be

Pic: Me and a 2003 Dark Green North Face Edition I test drove last year.
01greennf1.jpg

I saw a used '02 in the paper yesterday. It had like 25K miles on it and the asking price was $30K. ROFLMAO.

I saw an '04 the other day and other than the center console, power flip mirrors, steering wheel radio controls and darker cladding. All of which cab be more or less retrofitted to an '02, I wasn't impressed. An EXt isn't too much more than a Tricked out av anymore.

I have an 02 NFE-Summit White-only one I have seen in these parts for a while-dealer only sold one that I know of, but he had had mine for while so I got a great deal on it.

Well I called GM today to see how many AV's were built with the Y92 North Face Edition and I was on hold for 30minutes and they will have to do more reasearch they are going to call me back on monday or tuesday with the numbers

2003 DGM here.

I think that while the interior is nice (I have the two tone gray leather) the outside doesn't show much except for the 2x2 inch medallion. So, I had special decals done up.

-John

I was looking for a Z-71 in arrival blue, visited all the dealers in Central Florida & only found one and they were a "No dicker sticker" place with an unreasonable price. At the last dealership I walked by one on the lot but didn't look too hard because it didn't have the Z-71 decals. After an hour in the salesman's office looking at the inventory within 100 miles he says "The GM just said that we have an NFE on the lot and it comes with the Z-71 package :E:... and he wants to make a deal on it."

Well deal they did ;Dand now I have the best of all worlds - an '03 NFE in arrival blue. I must have looked at over 100 AVs that day & this is the only NFE that I saw. I didn't realize at the time that they were being discontinued. I'm stoked.

Now the mod bug has bitten...

Yo Baldy!

That is a truly cool combo - an Arrival Blue "Y92". Now I understand why the NFE Green interior was discontinued. Wouldn't look good with Arrival Blue. Enjoy and thanks for registering.

Oh and the Modding Fever never - ever goes away as you can see by my hideous example.

Happy Holidays to the North Face Registry and to all the Av'ers.

:B:

I cheated! I have an '02 , but added '03 NFE seats. Also added the two back packs, c-pillar badge, and north face applique. I'm a wanna-b. I couldn't afford the extra cost on the sticker price so I added it all for less than 2K. I almost got a used NFE when I purchased mine, but it was more and had 10,000 miles.

Back