• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Latest 30022 features and mileage results..!

chevy04

I really did not want to start a new thread, but felt this warranted one.

I got in the latest Hypertech 30022 with what was told to me to contain new code. I checked the features against my other one and it does offer new features. The book is even marked PP4. The programmer does have a diagnostic feature where it reads the codes and clears them as well.

I went ahead and restored the factory settings from the other programmer and tried the new one. I did use the Hypertech performance programming with 87 octane, no traction control, shift points set at +2, +4, +5, and transmisson set to firm shift. All diagnostic codes reported none. I drove to Houston from SW Louisiana to the NW side of the inside of 610, then the west side of Houston where my daughter lives, and then on to the medical center and returning home. The trip was 432 miles and took 20.4 gallons. This works out to 21.2 MPG. That is not bad. I used cruise control at 75 where possible when not hitting the construction zones.

My AV is a '04 WBH Silver Birch, 2WD, 16 inch wheels. The truck just has the Texas, Louisana package and 3.73 axle. The truck really did perform well on the interstate and in town driving. The construction zones offered a good test as well for up and down shifting for the transmission. The exhaust even has a better sound than the previous version. Excellent all around driving vechicle.

I hope this latest report on the Hypertech helps everyone who has interest in them.

Steve

Back