• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Delphi Roady install ???

A

AlterEgo

Guess I was a good this year 'cause Santa brought me a Delphi Roady with an XM subscription for a year (for my '03 AV with the bose/6 disc cd). Unfortunately, Santa didn't install it for me. Help!

I've browsed the threads and find varying opinions on the FM modulator vs. hooking it up without. Sounds like maybe hooking it up without the FM modulator might be a little better sound quality wise. If I go without the FM modulator, is it an "easy" install and do I need to buy any additional equipment? If the modulator is an easier install, has anyone used the FM modulator with good sound quality results (I keep reading about hiss and static issues)?

Also, do I need to install the antenna on the roof, or will it pick up signal if I put it on the dash under the front windshield? And, if it has to go on the roof, does the require permanent holes?

Thanks for any help!

There are adaptors that will allow you to input directly into the head unit sans the fm mod, and you must mount the antenna on the roof; if you dash mount it you will get dropouts. Grab your igintion wire on the passenger side access panel, blue wire in a green plug.

Struggling with the adaptor thing. Just saw a thread that said an adaptor will be coming out soon for the '03 Bose/6 disc CD/non XM, but is not currently available.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=20663

Are you guys aware of another adaptor that will let me get around the FM modulator? And, do I really need to get around the modulator - ie, is the quality that bad?

I just installed a Roady in my AV this week and love it! ;D ;D ;D

I got the adapter from Jason at JP Customs. My AV is a 2002 but he said that they are coming out with an adapter for the 2003's. I suggest calling Jason and talking to him about it.

Coyote

Thanks, I'll give Jason a call.

How did you run your XM antenna cord to your roof (where did you exit the vehicle)?

Back