• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM interface to factory HU and ClassII bus

agentfox1942

I have the Bose 6-CD changer without factory XM and without Onstar. I've read on here about using the SOUNDGATE PIOGM1 to interface XM to the factory HU. Does this work properly? I've read other places about the Class-II bus GM uses and how the HU controlls so much. I've read that door chimes, etc don't work after installing and if you don't have the factory XM the bus and HU need to be reprogrammed for it to work properly, like getting the right XM data to display (pioner only works with pioner head units, alpine with alpine, etc.) I have the XM commander and I'm waiting to install it until i do more research. PAC audio is coming out this a ClassII compt. interface (AUG-GM24) and it's much more involved than the SOUNDGATE PIOGM1. I don't like using FM modulation that is why I'm researching and asking people that already have tried things.
THanks.

I know a couple people are using the Soundgate adapter with the Pioneer XM tuner and it works very well.

I haven't heard of a universal adapter that will allow the HU to control ANY brand tuner...but there are new Aux input adapters coming out or due out soon.

Craig

I'm using the Soundgate KNGM1 to hook the Kenwood SR-902 Sirius tuner to my Non-bose receiver. It works well. About the only flaws are it doesn't scroll text or load it in pages if it's more than 10 characters long. So if you press the tune button to see the artist name and it's Led Zepplin, you only see Led ZEPPLI. Occaisionally it loses the presets. It sounds great and tunes channels pretty quick.
I like it because the SR-902 gets it's power from the headunit and there's no second tuner to have to mount and fool with. Very clean install.

Back