• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Next "COLORADO" GTG???

I thought everyone died?? Thanks for bringing this up.

I was thinking maybe we should get together and take our Avalanches to an Avalanche game. I think they have at lease 1 Sunday game coming up. Just a thought.

I am also trying to get a group together to go to Moab. Haven't heard from Blueruck on whether or not he is still going.

You might want to add Colorado to the title of your post. I only access posts through the "Active in the past 24 hours" button. Almost missed this one, but remembered your handle.

You might want to add Colorado to the title of your post. I only access posts through the "Active in the past 24 hours" button. Almost missed this one, but remembered your handle.

DOH!!! :E:

omission corrected! (y)

I was thinking maybe we should get together and take our Avalanches to an Avalanche game. I think they have at lease 1 Sunday game coming up. Just a thought.

that'd be cool... I went to the game last night... kind of fun counting Avs at an Avs game! :D

Looks like the next Home Sunday game is March 7 vs. Calgary at 1 pm

I would love to meet fellow Colorado club members. I'll try to work my schedule to get to whatever event you decide on. Looking forward to see some of the ideas & mods others have done in person.
:B: :B:

avalanchuck said:

And March 14th as well vs. Phoenix. I have tickets for that one!

I'll definately try to attend the gtg this time around!

Quote from: avalanchuck on Today at 08:10 AM

And March 14th as well vs. Phoenix. I have tickets for that one!

I'll definately try to attend the gtg this time around!

I'll have to check to see if I have either of these games

A GTG would be great again. I don't know if my family can swing an Avs game with tickets being $80/ apiece, but we'd have to see.

Avs games are a lot of fun though!

A GTG would be great again. I don't know if my family can swing an Avs game with tickets being $80/ apiece, but we'd have to see.

Avs games are a lot of fun though!

Hey the Crush and the Mammoth are starting up here soon as well... and their tix go pretty cheap. They were showing that you could get a season ticket for the Mammoth for $56... that's $2 more than I pay for just one game of my Avs tix... :eek:

The only time I usually go to any professional games here in Denver (unless I am sitting in the Nosebleed section the Rockies games), I get them from the brokers I hire for my projects. I forgot the last tickets I had had a face value of $140 each. I just thought it would be something unique we could do as a club that no one else could do.

I am open for another game or just a dinner.

Steve

Joy and I would be up for something. (y) Schedules are starting to get a little more hectic as we get ready to start construction on our new cabin, but I will keep an ear to this thread.
By the way, I want to see everyone's bedslides! I have been designing one and will start welding soon, but I want to ask others how they like features of theirs.

--Ivan

Hey everybody. Long time no hear from. It's good to hear from everybody again. I like the idea of going to an AV game, but like some of you said, it can be quite expensive. Soooooo, what does everybody think about this--> We can meet at the Avalanche Grill in Centennial with our AV's. I've never been there, but I could probably scope the joint out this week. And who knows, maybe the owner would get a kick out of having a bunch of AV's at his place. So, what ya'll think?

I've been to the Avalanche Grill a few times for lunch. The menu is decent and its pretty cool to watch the Avs practice through the windows overlooking therir practice rink.

Oh, ok. I understand now. I thought the grill was just a restraunt on the corner somewhere. I didn't know it was at the rink where the AV's practice. That's kinda cool.

You all know me and my "trail fetish", but you all have my word that I'm not going to suggest any trails for this GTG. I haven't been up to the mountains since we've gotten all the snow, so I don't know what it's like up there. I might be going up tomorrow with the Jeep to a trail west of Idaho Springs. It really depends if the other guy with his Jeep is going or not. But like I said, you all have my word that I'm not going to mention any trails for the next GTG...... Man, this is gonna be hard!!! :E: ;D

so whats it gonna be?

take the Avs to the Avalanche Grill or...

take the Avs to an Avs game or...

take the Avs to a Crush game or...

take the Avs to a Mammoth game or...

take the Avs where???

just a suggestion... add the "Colorado Groups" to your bookmarks... makes it easier to check in (y)

I up for a GTG - I am in and out of town so we will have to see if I can attend.

Anyone going to Moab for Easter?

The AV grill sounds good to me too.

Mark, I want to go to Moab more than you can possibly know. What are the dates? I'd really like to try to take some time off work to go.

Thanks

Eric,
Here is the link the the thread with information:
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=62;action=display;threadid=17955;start=msg339794#msg339794

The event runs from Saturday 4/3 to Sunday 4/11. It looks like Mark will be there from Wednesday till Saturday. I was going to try to stay until Sunday - but with the hotel prices I see, I will probably try to do the same.

Steve

I haven't been to the Avalanche Grill in a while, since I'm on the north side of town. But I'm up for it!

Any ideas as to when this might happen??

Looks like its the Avalanche Grill for the next GTG... (y)

now we need to pick a day and time. ???

When is everybody available? I'm thinking of meeting up midafternoon on a saturday or sunday in a convenient location... we can all check out any new mods we've done since the last GTG and then cruise on over to the Avalanche Grill.

BTW...

Here is a menu I found online for the Av Grill... not sure how current it is but it'll give you an idea on what they have to offer.

http://www.ssprd.org/southsub/fsc_grill_menu.asp

they're open 11-8 on saturdays... not sure what the hours are on sunday ???

Hey all!

I've been wondering when someone would suggest another get together. I'm good for this coming weekend January 31 or Feb 1. Feb 7 and 8 I'm out of town but I should be available any other weekend in February.

Ok... I'll be out of town Feb. 14-16... any other weekend would be ok on my end.

let's get some more feedback! (y)

Chuck,
Thank goodness you came back to this post! I was beginning to develop a complex thinking I finally got around to posting and then everyone else disappeared!!

Back