• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Live in Arkansas? Look here!

mcrendog

SM 2004
Hey all,

I'm the new Arkansas Coordinator and I'm trying to get a good idea of who's in our wonderful state! So if you live in Arkansas, please reply to this message. When we get enough people I'll plan a Get-Together, probably in Little Rock since that is a central location.

- Mike

Hey Mike:

Glad to see you stepped up to the plate.

Really looking forward to the big get together. Have you thought about meeting in Hot Springs? Everyone wants to take their 'lanch through the mountains.

-Done

Just purchased my AV 2 weeks ago. It is better than any truck I have ever owned. Hope a GTG comes soon.

mcrendog said:
Hey all,

I'm the new Arkansas Coordinator and I'm trying to get a good idea of who's in our wonderful state! So if you live in Arkansas, please reply to this message. When we get enough people I'll plan a Get-Together, probably in Little Rock since that is a central location.

- Mike
I don't live in AR but I might make the trip over from Western, TN to a GTG if you don't mind ;)

I see alot of Avs in Arkansas. I see alot where I live in central Arkansas. Has the club not been publicized around here? I only found out about the club when I was searching for accessories.

Do alot of the people in Arkansas just look at the Av as a way to get to the "deer woods"? I think the AV is the best truck ever made. I wish I could afford some of the high $ mods on this site. I would also love to have a 2500 motor in my 1500 model.

Hey redvaz66,

Welcome to the site! I am the Arkansas Coordinator and I live in Fort Smith. Most people find this site by searching the internet, not by other forms of publicity. But we are not a very organized group in Arkansas. I have done some tagging here in Fort Smith but we need more people to spread the word about the site there in central arkansas. Start tagging Avs! :)

I have been thinking of having a Get-Together sometime in the early summer...probably in Central Arkansas. Hope you can make it!

mcrendog

Good to hear your reply. What are you tagging Avs with? I will start. Alot of Avs here, but I don't see many mods done to them.

mcrendog said:
Hey redvaz66,

Welcome to the site! I am the Arkansas Coordinator and I live in Fort Smith. Most people find this site by searching the internet, not by other forms of publicity. But we are not a very organized group in Arkansas. I have done some tagging here in Fort Smith but we need more people to spread the word about the site there in central arkansas. Start tagging Avs! :)

I have been thinking of having a Get-Together sometime in the early summer...probably in Central Arkansas. Hope you can make it!

In the bottom of your Av desription I see a link with purdue.edu. Did you go to Purdue University?

Yep...spent the last 8 years of my life there...just finishing my PhD now. Got any connections to Purdue?

I teach Engineering at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith.

Yes,

I graduated from Purdue in 1991. BS Mechanical Engineering Technology. I was in the co-operative education program for 4 years.

I was on the winning Rube Goldberg team in 1991.

My sister and Brother-in-law graduated with PhDs in Engineering as well.

Hello Everyone

I'm a bit new to the Avy lifestyle (I just traded off my trusty old white 97 z71 for a nice 02 z71 avy). I miss the old white beast a lot, but boy does this avy ROCK! I live in Northeast Arkansas, (Paragould/Jonesboro area) but i'm in Little Rock at least once a month. Let me know of anything new that's happening, please.

Hey arkansas_avy,

Welcome to the Club! I am glad you stopped by to post here. I am the Arkansas Coordinator and I hope that I'll get to meet you sometime at a get-together! We have had to GTGs (get-togethers) this year and we will have more in the future. Keep checking here for updates. There's also a lot going on in TN.

Benton arkansas here look forward to a group get together. Bought my 02 Avy two months ago from the local chevy dealer. Drove by this morning and they must have 20 of them in the used lot. I do see alot of Avy's around town could be a good sized get together

Well, I don't own an Avy yet, but I am looking forward to getting one. I believe I am going to purchase one towards May, after I get out of school. I would like together with other Avy owner's. Let me know when and where. I live in Little Rock.

Welcome Jethro and rtcockrill!

We have had two get-togethers so far this year. Perhaps we will have another one soon. I hope I get a chance to meet you both. There are quite a few members around the Little Rock area.

rtcockrill, good luck with the Avy purchase! If you need any advice then just ask and we will all help!

We don't live in Arkansas but we did drive through yesterday. We stopped and tagged a couple around the collage at Fort Smith, anyone we know? >:D

Butch

I SAW THAT! I wish I would have known that you were coming by! We could have done lunch or something! Talk about confused...I was like, hunh? But then I remembered that you were coming back from your west coast trip and probably came right through Fort Smith! That was the coolest tag ever!

mcrendog said:
I SAW THAT! I wish I would have known that you were coming by! We could have done lunch or something! Talk about confused...I was like, hunh? But then I remembered that you were coming back from your west coast trip and probably came right through Fort Smith! That was the coolest tag ever!

THANKS! We did think it would be cool to tag you since you are a former Indiana Member. If I would have had a way to contact you I would have. We were in between lunch and dinner so we just moved on.

Butch

Howdy Guys and Gals,

Just got my new '04 Red Avalanche. It doesnt have the body armor. Its my first! Excited to know there are this many people interested in this awsome vehicle! Look forward to tapping yalls knowledge on upgrade and performance enhancements. Hope to attend as many of the get togethers as possible.

Welcome to the club... I just moved up here from TX, I haven't met anyone here yet but, I'm in Cabot.

Cisco04

Big E said:
Howdy Guys and Gals,

Just got my new '04 Red Avalanche. It doesnt have the body armor. Its my first! Excited to know there are this many people interested in this awsome vehicle! Look forward to tapping yalls knowledge on upgrade and performance enhancements. Hope to attend as many of the get togethers as possible.

Big E,

Welcome to the club! Where are you in Arkansas? I hope you will stay active and involved in the club. This is really a great place. And I hope to meet you at an Arkansas get-together sometime. I'm not sure when our next one will be, but we have had several this year.

Cisco04 said:
Welcome to the club... I just moved up here from TX, I haven't met anyone here yet but, I'm in Cabot.

Cisco04

Cisco04,

Glad you made it to Arkansas! I hope I will meet you at a GTG soon!

Back