• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Grandstrand GTG Current status - Please let us know

zukracer

PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Hey Everyone!

I know we have a thread for those that are going to attend, however as the time grows closer, I wanted to find out who already had booked their hotel or made other lodging arrangements. Also, what length of time do you plan to stay (days)?

Who Hotel (camping) location Days

I'll be staying in the Cherry Grove area from the 12th throught the 20th. WOrked out perfectly as we already had a cottage booked for this weekend before the GTG was even planned. ;D

i will have some info to put here shortly. i need to get in touch with my sister-in-law first. she is making the reservations for me.

zukracer said:
Hey Everyone!

I know we have a thread for those that are going to attend, however as the time grows closer, I wanted to find out who already had booked their hotel or made other lodging arrangements. Also, what length of time do you plan to stay (days)?

Who Hotel (camping) location Days

Brining this back on top - Let's see what we got happening,
While we have some time, we still need some figures. Thank you Zukracer

encourage everyone to visit the threads and especially the teasers and links.. A lot of good info out there and plenty of FUN to be had at this GTG..
MB has something for everyone of all ages and is one of the premier hot spots on the east coast..... Don't miss out..

Will be posting as time gets close and we have a plan of events..

It's all about you - Family - Friends - the trcuks- and the enjoyment. :cool: :love:.

It's a Party ... ;D :cool: >:D

Well, I will be there as stated before. As for now, I will be there for the entire week before the event. I may have some vacation time to spend the week after the event as well. As for accomidations, I will be in the Holiday Inn that we are staying at, and also have an ocean front hotel for some of the vacation so I can "SOAK UP SOME SUN and SALT WATER"!!!!

See ya at the beach

Wiki

The Holiday Inn is the hotel of choice for us, as well. We hope to be there for the weekend. Two sisters, two AV's = 4 parking spaces.

(y)

Harvey,

Here ya go for the hotels.
BOOKING PHONE #'s

Fairfield Inn 1800-217-1511
Holiday Inn 1800-398-7231

As promised, some news of the event......Not much but, some.. ^_^
I think we pretty much got the legal liability thing for folks concerned settled earlier. B)
To answer the question of reservation being pulled the answer is NO! We are still in at both hotels, :D Got it fixed and moving through the red tape issues as well.

Originally we had- reserved 10 Rooms for the 17th, 30 for the 18th, and 30 for the 19th as well. We have four confirmed bookings at this time (2 each hotlel) That is before mine which are in the works for the whole week. We also have other folks staying elsewhere, ( I don't have a count on those but we'll get that as time gets closer).
- This leaves you with 8 rooms left on the 17th, 28 left on the 18th and 28 left on the 19th for both hotels. So, We have time and you still have rooms to book ! ! :tup:
To reconfirm the rates they are $89.00 for weekdays(Sun-Thur.) and $125.00 for the weekend(Fri.and Sat.)
The cut off date to book the rooms is May 17, 2004 so make sure your party books there rooms before that date so they are guaranteed a room.

Due to no booking allowed of the Broadway at Beach parking lot during June and of course, even if we could cost is ridiculous and I wouldn't ask anyone to do this so, this idea is out. The Fairfield has a nice grassy filed in front which we are working on that now for us to may be use for the AV's and what not.

On the other threads there are many events, attractions, and shows people would love to see So, check em out. I'm still talking with other organizations in the area about a charity or donation of sorts to something in the area.

Joanne and I are clearing off our plates to dedicate time to this event for the next three months in order for this to happen.

That's what I have so far and I know a lot of happening so we will trying to firm everything in March to see how it stands..

Looking foward to this and the folks enjoying themselves..Appreciate everyones patience and now that you have rooms LET"S FILL EM UP ! !

Hoss!

Thanx for picking up the ball on the GTG. Sometimes it is just a matter of just "getting together" and having fun and share AV stories.

I am booked at the Holiday Inn for 3 nites. Also checked the Fairfield Inn and was told they are more or less run by the same outfit. Prices are exactly what you said. I think about the only difference in the breakfast is that the Holiday Inn offers boiled eggs. What I forgot to ask if there is a lounge. I hope so anyway.

It's been a long time since I have been to MB, but do remember going to Studebakers which has a large dance floor. Also went to a C&W nite club but needed a knife, not for protection from the cowboys, but to cut a path in the smoke. ;D

Harvey,
Yes and we will have great time, Myrtle Beach has really changed alot from when I used to go for the summers.... Be ready to amazed! :cool: :cool:
I don't think there are lounges in these two hotlels but, right across the street is Broadway and they have lots of establsihments and they have "SPecials" not to mention I 'm sure we all will have a round or two soemwhere happening. >:DEspecially if the Intoxicator machine shows. ! ! ! !LOL We had b;ast with the tailgate blender Last GTG.

Understand the Smoke deal :9:- we do here and there but I've dropped it and always consider the folks around when I do... Especially with a cigar now and then..

Mike

Harvey, yes there still is. I just spoke with him hte other day, and Hoss is still setting it all up. If their are no current posts here and you need info, just contact Hoss (y)
Dave

Hey guys and gals,
Harvey I apologize -- ???

Yes it is still a go and I can't wait.... I have the info all linked in one thread and working to get all here the same way!!
I'm working with a couple of the folks here to post the same items from both sites to keep it all balanced for everyone. Curently I have it up on TOS but was having trouble getting all of the links to copy in one full post... :C: :C:

Sent some mail for assitance so hoperfully we will have it up and pinned here for all as well.

Your right though haven't heard from a lot of folks and there are a lot other closer deals happening so, hopefully this will generate back up as we wind closer in.

Still welcoming inputs from folkson what they would like to do..

Thanks for shaking tree again. ;D >:D :cool:

Hi, guess this is all still a go. Does anyone know if the rooms are all booked up? I should (hopefully) have my 04 Z66 by then.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it might be cool to do the Nascar experience thing. I know they have those tracks behind the Cafe, just never been.

David

Wow how time flys! Just a few more weeks till MYRTLE BEACH, and I get a sunburn!! >:D

I need to start on my tan now!

Wiki

davidw55 said:
Hi, guess this is all still a go. Does anyone know if the rooms are all booked up? I should (hopefully) have my 04 Z66 by then.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it might be cool to do the Nascar experience thing. I know they have those tracks behind the Cafe, just never been.

David

Yep brother this is still a go and there are rooms left at both so book away the numbers are posted on thread if you can't locate them let me know I'll pin them for ya. The Nascar was brought up and I'm sure we'll have some folks that want to try thire hand at it. :cool: It will be agood time for all.. >:D

Wiki, NO Speedo's :9:Rich UF has everyone in fear for the WET & WILD GTG already :D:.

Well, this has been sort of a quiet area.....but the ones that are going are going to be anything but quiet when they get back!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: My family is already to go and there are still several weeks left before the "Fun In The Sun" starts! ;D We are staying the whole week with an ocean front suite. One week still isn't enough time....17 years of going to Myrtle Beach and each year there is something new to do!!

Can't wait to meet some new members and see some I have hung out with before! :cool: ;D :cool:

Who wants to cook brats and have a drink or two!! I think that would be a good night time activity too! We have just the spot for it too.....a big field we can park our AVs in. Its just 30 yrds from the front door of the hotel! >:D Mmmmmmmm Im hungry already!

See ya at the beach,

Kevin

aka Wiki

KEWL,

Just got an email back KIm at Fairfield she still holding a few rooms for us so let's see who's up for this still..

Come on folks....Beach, fun, - Myrtle Beach = lot's o fun ! ! >:D :cool:

Wannna see who all is coming out, know there a few stayiing different place but will be there so come guys let us know so we throw some brats on a grill or something :p (DOGS not the kids) :2:

Doc, - Bayside, - Harvey, - Powersurge, you guys still going for the week?? Hey where's KC?? You still want 4 parking spaces ;D >:D

Glad to have you along..

Should be a good itme for all in attendance.

Hoss said:
Doc, - Bayside, - Harvey, - Powersurge, you guys still going for the week?? Hey where's KC?? You still want 4 parking spaces ;D >:D

I'll still be there the 12th - 20th :). Have you set an itinerary or are we just kinda taking it as it comes? Dinner Saturday night maybe??

Hey Doc,
Good to hear from ya, hope all is well?!?!?

Yeah pretty much as it comes so folks can be free to enjoy - Dinner Saturday sounds excellent :D Always up for good friends and Foodage.

Can't Wait

Hey Hoss!

Still have our room reserved at the Holiday Inn. It is just the two of us and not a total of 5. Don't know for sure yet because we have to make a trip to Florida at the end of May or the first part of June. Our money may run out before the gtg. We'll just have to see.

On another note what do you know about the new back up camera that was on the board a couple of weeks ago? It was the one that just plugs into the trailer connection according to the picture.

I'm a maybe for now. Unfortunatley going live with new manufacturing software the first week of June and depending on how that goes, I may or may not be able to get away.

If I can get away, I'll definitely drive down for the weekend, along with AvalancheAmy. My parking skills have definitely improved, so between the two of us, we can probably get away with three spaces. >:D

Hope to see ya'll there.

KC :B:

Back