• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Who has the fewest miles on their 02 AV?

sparky0050

I am piggy backing the "Who has the most miles.." thread. Thought this one might be interesting.

I have 18,100 on my 02.

Purchased in November 2001

670 miles per month (I don't get away too much)

I just found out today that '02 was the first year for the AV. I could have swore they were around in 2000 or 2001 at the latest. I am an idiot, I know!
BB

Purchased new on 10/31/2002 (Halloween..!!) with just over 5,000 (dealer demo) and I currently have 22,000...1,113 miles/month average...

BensonRacing said:
I just found out today that '02 was the first year for the AV. I could have swore they were around in 2000 or 2001 at the latest. I am an idiot, I know!
BB
Not an idiot at all. Once upon a time almost all new cars/trucks rolled out in October of the prior year to the quoted model year. As a kid I can remember waiting for that time to roll around. So 2002's would come out in October 2001. Things are not that cut and dried anymore. In the case of the Av they had an early launch so trucks started hitting the market in May of 01, but were still model year 2002, the fist 'year' for the Av's.

Like I said in the other thread picked up on October 01 I have under 14K ON IT. If I change my cluster that will realy raise an eyebrow.
Heavy D

I thought mine was low, bought in Dec 01. When I looked at the mileage today it was at 13,999

sparky0050 said:
I am piggy backing the "Who has the most miles.." thread. Thought this one might be interesting.

I have 18,100 on my 02.

Purchased in November 2001

670 miles per month (I don't get away too much)
WOW that is low miles I remember when I had that low miles now I almost have 76K on my 2002 Z71

BTW you must lisen to Larry the Cable Guy "Git-R-Done" ;)

I bought a Z66 Nov/02 and today I have just a little over 17,000 miles so that comes to about 1,062 miles per month of ownership. I use the AV maybe once a week.

AvaLance said:
BTW you must lisen to Larry the Cable Guy "Git-R-Done" ;)

That's funny right there...I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! (y) ;)

Lance, have you seen Blue Collar Comedy Festival?

My old Av had 26k on it was an 02 . The new AV also a 02 have 7132 miles on it right this moment. Tomorrow , well that is a differant story .

I have had it just over 2 months and put 3k on it !!!

BensonRacing said:
BB

Welly produced a die cast Avalanche model that was labeled as 2001 Avalanche.

Wow, I thought I had low miles... :eek: My truck was on the dealer lot for 4 months and it was built 9/02 (one of the last 02s).

I can account for most of my miles though
-It's my everyday driver
-A trip to Key West
-Jacksonville to Tallahassee probably 25 times (175 miles from door to door)
-Helped neighbor move
-Helped grandfather move
-Helped great aunt move

Back