• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche Custom by Southern Comfort

WesAv

I was at the Chevrolet dealership today and saw an avalanche custom built by Southern Comfort. Painted sails and coargo covers, ground effects, bulliet grill, 20" wheels. A price tag of $50.000

Has anyone seen one? :B:

I've seen two different ones here in Central Florida. One was a Dark Gray Metallic and the other was a Sunburst Orange Metallic. Both looked mighty nice. No brochures to tag them at the time of the sighting though.

I think 50K is a bit much. The SOM one was a base model on the inside, definately not worth the extra 20K in my opinion.

I would buy an EXT also. However, for $50K what's up with those black door handles. They spent all that time and left the base handles on it. Hell, I haven't spent $20K on goodies and I have black door handles. Wonder if someone would give me $50K. I paid $23 for the whole truck +$2K for wheels +$1K or so if I painted the sails. That puts me at $26K without those goofy ground effects. WooHoo! I saved $24K and still have black door handles.
BB

BensonRacing said:
I would buy an EXT also. However, for $50K what's up with those black door handles. They spent all that time and left the base handles on it. Hell, I haven't spent $20K on goodies and I have black door handles. Wonder if someone would give me $50K. I paid $23 for the whole truck +$2K for wheels +$1K or so if I painted the sails. That puts me at $26K without those goofy ground effects. WooHoo! I saved $24K and still have black door handles.
BB

You should go work for the government in the budgeting department and we'd be out of a deficit in no time! ;D

A little off the subject - but does anyone know where I can see pictures of the GM parts catalog accessories of Air Dam and Ground Effects for the cladded AV. They list them but has no picture. THX

spiritwinds said:
A little off the subject - but does anyone know where I can see pictures of the GM parts catalog accessories of Air Dam and Ground Effects for the cladded AV. They list them but has no picture. THX
They don't show a picture because of how lame they look IMHO. It's not that they look bad, it's just that there isn't that much to them. The air dam comes down maybe an inch. If you don't know what to look for, it's hardly noticeable.

Hello all.

I am new to this board and have found some other companies that specialize in customizing vehicles and sell them through GM Dealerships. There is two custom Avalanches in my area. There is a white American Luxury Coach Avalanche WBH at my local dealership with a sticker price right at 50k that has all the trim (moldings and bumpers) painted white and with 20" wheels. The interior is Dark Charcoal and is done up with Carbon Fiber trim. It also has an exhaust system installed. Sweet truck but expensive. The other one is located at a dealership in Jacksonville, Fl. and is identical to the White one but Black in color.

http://www.sterlingvans.com/suv.html

http://www.rockyridgevans.com/new_page_7.html

I just recently traded in my Black 2002 Tahoe Z71 on a 2004 Avalanche Z71 WBH. I am currently waiting for the optional 22" Viotti wheel and tire package I ordered through GM. Since that company has a relationship with GM I had them include it with my 0% / 60 month financing. I have included a link to the aftermarket company GM is working with for upgraded Wheel and Tire packages. GM has also their own line of 20" Wheel and Tire packages and that link is below as well.

http://mc2ning.com/SS2/ssindex.html

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/gmgoodwrenchjsp/accessories/category.jsp?catid=wheel&make=chevrolet&model=silverado&sid=1570055205877307

Take care.

I don't know about where you live, but in my area, there seems to be very few custom conversion vans for sale. It seems like they have dried up. A few years ago you could buy a full-size conversion van for around $22K, even though the list was $38K! So they must not have been making any money off them.

I noticed GM does their own custom conversion with the Chevy Express van. Two of my neighbors bought them. That is one big-a$$ van. Funny thing is that their vans stickered for $35K, same as my Z-71 Av, and they don't have 4WD. They do come with captains chairs and two flip-down TV monitors.

My neighbor had a Choo Choo Customs Chevy pickup. The quality seemed to be top notch. No cracking or peeling on the fiberglass. Nothing too fancy, but different enough to get noticed.

http://www.choochoocustoms.com/truck.htm

KingVolcano said:
My neighbor had a Choo Choo Customs Chevy pickup. The quality seemed to be top notch. No cracking or peeling on the fiberglass. Nothing too fancy, but different enough to get noticed.
http://www.choochoocustoms.com/truck.htm

We used to see Choo Choo's a lot around here, but seldom now. Been at it a long time.

FYI:
In the exterior section of the Accessory and mods section is a thread about Southern comfort....

Ah yes, Southern Comfort. They basically stole some merchandise from the company I used to work for (and made me look bad). :8:

I like the Black to red paint going on. Other than that I think
it looks pretty :9: Is it me or is everyone trying to change
this truck into the escalade?! I mean the escalade is a great
truck and all but I like the way the Avalanche looks. If I wanted
a boxy look and those silly looking running boards I would get
one.

Benson racing is right on... It is too much to warrant the price
tag. I mean fiberglass parts that are exclusive to them
(Or so they say), Grill inserts (whoopee), Tires and wheels
probably paying a big deal of markup on those vs buying
them thru a dealer, I mean the majority of the parts seem to
me like stuff that I joe sixpack could put on myself. Hell if you
guys want to pay for a custom check out Joe Gibbs you can get a
Silverado with a supercharger (with a 7 year warranty!),
Gauges, Custom embroidery, Corsa Exhaust, Tires+wheels,
floormats and Exterior badging for like 35K for the price of the
truck! Thats a damn good deal. Heres the link if you are interested
http://www.joegibbsperformance.com/

The paint jobs look decent but everything else is hogwash.

My 2 cents..

Aetatis.

i have seen one at the local dealership before. it was around the same price. i thought that the truck was not worth it. i would rather buy an EXT for that kind of money.

I saw something new today in Columbia, MO at the Chevrolet dealership.
It was a Southern Comfort customized Avy, two wheel drive, but it didn't have the fade paint or graphics of any kind.

It looked like a WBH dressed up with custom cladding, sail panels, and all door buckets and handles painted to match the truck (RED!) It had an ebony wood dash, switch plates, and console overlay, a billet grille, dual exhaust straight out the back, and dubs with Toyo 305-50R20 tires.

It looked really nice, not overdone, the paint was really good! However, the bad news is that they wanted $52K! :eek:

For that kind of money, I'd much rather add a Magnacharger, have my cladding custom painted to match, and still have money left over.

MBT

Yep saw a SoCo Custom in Rincon, GA at a Fuller Cheverolet.

I could not believe the paint job. It was a fade from top to
bottom with a dark blue to a light like cartoon blue.. The paint has overspray marks also Orange peel effect and the sail panels are not completely painted! If you look you can clearly see where they
taped off when it when in for paint.

They wanted like 60+ for essentially a WBH with a ground effects
kit and wheels.. I took photos but they didn't come out at all
(at night)...If I am in the area again I'll post some pics..

Aetatis.

This is off subject a bit but if I was to really spend on a truck I'd get a Topkick and turn it into an AV :eek: Hey it is a Chevy and built at my plant. :B:

Attachments

• Topkick.jpg
    Topkick.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 461
Back