• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

ODB II code P0102 DTC Definition: MAF Circuit Low Input

Something is amiss with the Mass Air Flow sensor . . . found this on a Corvette site . . .thinking our 5.3 should be similar. . .

P0102 MAF Low Frequency
Page 6-1416 of 2K manual

This DTC is set when PCM reads too low an airflow thru MAF as based on information from other sensors, and is set when engine is running, battery is charged (greater than 8 volts), and the MAF shows less than 10Hz for more than 1 second, on the second consecutive occurance. Both these codes will clear after 3 NON- consecutive aperance of the above conditions.

First inspect for a vacuum leak, a PCV leak, a bad PCV valve, dipstick or oil cap not tight.

1. Inspect all MAF and PCM connections for debris or damage.

2, With engine idling, and a scan tool, confirm MAF is below 10Hz. If so, check ENG SEN fuse, and then confirm for 5V at MAF signal wire and ground. If OK, continue below. IF MAF is above 10Hz, there has got to be an intake of unmetered air - see above, and also inspect ALL intake components.

3. Check for all continuity on MAF wiring between PCM and also to grounds, as indicated by schematics.

4. Replace MAF sensor.

5. Replace PCM.

You can certainly look for loose vacuum hoses and / or electrical connectors . . then, unless you have an OBDII scanner, it's probably off to the shop.

Good luck.

I have the predator to scan the DTC's.

What I think happened is this. Last week, I install a new belt. I took my K&N intake tube off. Thus leaving the filter and MAS in place. I started my Av to see if everything was sweet with the belt and noticed the truck running like sh*t. I said to myself, get that K&N back together, which I did. Then my Av ran fine. I noticed the code today when just checking for DTC's and seen the P0102. I believe this code happened when I ran the truck without the K&N hooked up. I cleared the code this morning. I will check for codes later today to see if what I did was the cause.

reset PCM to clear code......

When you had MAF off and ran it this is when code was set...

Good Luck

lordvader said:
Do I need to reset the PCM if I already cleared the code with the Predator?
nope......

Drive it a bit to ensure the code does not reset due to some other problem.....

Good luck

Back