Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SQUEEK, SQUEAL, CLUNK, RUB...  (Read 29690 times)

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
SQUEEK, SQUEAL, CLUNK, RUB...
« Reply #25 on: 12/08/04 05:22 AM »

About six months ago I had a horrible squeak noise coming from the front end.  I tried greasing everything on the truck to no avail.  I was getting so frustrated I wanted to drive it off a cliff.  After seeking advice here at CAFCNA, I told the dealer to replace the front shock bushings - and that solved the squeak!   :1:

I still have intermittent noises coming from the dash.  And the center arm rest is so noisy I try not to lay my arm on it.  But overall I'm still happy with the Av as I approach the end of the warranty.
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

BLK02Z71

SQUEEK, SQUEAL, CLUNK, RUB...
« Reply #26 on: 12/08/04 04:46 PM »

I must agree with the members who feel squeeks,clunks and weird noises in their AV's :( , sadly I am living with this since I bought my AV also, the front end was lubed at dealer and sounds quieter when entering/exiting my parking but still lots of unexplainable clunks and squeeks!!! :( ???  very frustrating to know that other GM SUV's have better quality ie. Yukon/Tahoe/Envoy
« Last Edit: 12/08/04 05:01 PM by BLK02Z71 »
MY GARAGE:

21/6/05:Traded in 02 Black Onyx Z71 AV > 05 Pewter Metallic HummerH2 (Adventure Series) SOLD

25/11/05:Traded-in 02 GMC Yukon 4x4 > 03 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4 Superior Blue Metallic (stock with great Bose sound system)

3/12/06: Bought 2006 Mercedes ML500 (Black) , front bullbar & rear guard & sidesteps

capz71

• I love the Chevy Avalanche!
Re: SQUEEK, SQUEAL, CLUNK, RUB...
« Reply #27 on: 02/21/05 04:38 PM »

I have a 2002 avalanche that had a squeek in the front end and a slight banging noise under the drivers seat. After  6 trips to the dealer the problem ended up being the torshion bar mount.
2002 forrest green Z71 amber drl's Billet grille bug sheild mud flaps carbon fiber dash gibson daul exhaust

rickauf

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #28 on: 07/01/05 06:30 PM »

don't kid yourself. 

i just sold my 97 mercedes benz 500 s coupe with only 47k miles.  that car was $100,000.00 new and i got 18 for it.  it squeeked and creekedby 25 k miles.   they all do.

moosc

• CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member
« Reply #29 on: 07/01/05 06:49 PM »

my 05 Av brand new steering clunk rear end squeek right rear door panel is noisey my 99 silverado nbs was a quiter ride :E:

Have you heard???  The 2017 National is coming to STI..!!!!!!!!
Click Banner Above for More Info

grnxnam

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Pastafarian
« Reply #30 on: 07/01/05 08:03 PM »

the vehicle I owned before my Av was a Hyundai Accent.  the week I drove my Hyundai home, I ripped out the interior and installed a layer of Dynamat Extreme and then coated that with about 8-10 cans of Dynaspray.  Add to all of that that it was a 4-banger...anything else is going to have noises.  Especially when I traded the stock exaust for a FM 40. 

The way I look at it is that its a big truck with a V8...its gonna make noises
Jesus wasn't white, so why does he look like Kid Rock on a cross?"

Traiphilly

• History can repeat itself
« Reply #31 on: 10/27/05 07:19 AM »

My Serpentine belt and the  bracket was something awful in the cold mornings.  I took it to the dealership and they both were replaced and  will fill you in later to the developments.  :wave:
05' DkGryMet  Z71, 285 50R 20 GOODYEAR GTII'S AMERICAN RACING WHEELS, DF 50,K/N FILTER,  Z71 BADGES, PRIEMIUM SOUND, DVD , REAR CAMERA, CHROME SPORT BARS,

Trophyman

• Charter Member
  • Give That Man a Trophy!!
« Reply #32 on: 04/06/06 01:49 PM »

To all the guys with the squeak that sounds like a bird chirping:I chased this thing for a week.  From under the hood, to wheel wells, bed, etc.
I finally found it under the driver's side just inside the rocker panel.  About under the driver's seat.  There is a "press in" hangar for the parking brake cable that pushes up into the floorboard and then the cable clips into it.  Squeaking like a banshee everytime I hit a little bump in the road.  One squirt of Break Free and it is finally gone. :D
Trophyman
2008. Avalanche Z-71  Black.  Black Leather.  Joey Bed Slide.  Every option except block heater, roof rack and heated washer fluid with rain sensing wipers.  I can tell when it's raining :)

2005 Trailblazer LT.  Black.  Black Leather.  Nav System.  XM.  (Wife's ride)

NRA Patron Member

AlpineNInfinity

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #33 on: 12/31/06 09:42 AM »

my av sounds like im inside a tin can and theres a constant drummer hitting it. its all good though.

lineman03

« Reply #34 on: 12/21/08 11:39 AM »

haven't heard any interior noises yet :cool: but I do get a clunking popping noise when making a sharp turn at low speed typically when pulling in my driveway :thumbdown:

PEZalanche

« Reply #35 on: 07/13/15 10:05 PM »

I realize this is an old thread but want to say as a new owner of a 2004 the one thing that surprises me and I keep saying to my wife is how quiet the truck is. I've probably just jinxed myself but my truck is the tightest vehicle noise/squeak wise that I have ever owned.

ngrome

« Reply #36 on: 10/20/16 02:48 PM »

I find this topic funny but again, I've had an 02 AV passed over to me from a relative and it has all the squeaks, creaks, wobble, that is inherent of good old American production at the time.  Not a hater, I love America, but I have two other vehicles which are imports of around the same year (03 and 04) that are still today as tight as they run and noiseless, compared to the Avalanche.  I haven't bought anything past 2004 sadly (which is the last year I bought brand new, not American, an import) so when that time comes when I'm ready to buy new, or at least not more than four years old, I'll have to see how much American assembly and production has improved.
2002 Chevy Avalanche K1500
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 23 queries.