Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/23/14 11:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to identify rear axle ratio?  (Read 3465 times)
scott_gunn

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« on: 02/20/04 05:21 AM »

I'm purchasing a used Avalanche and I need to know how to tell which rear axle it has.  The salesman's word alone is not good enough for me (some of these guys don't know anything), so I want to see it for myself.

So, how do I tell just by looking?

Thanks,
Scott Gunn
805engineer

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 02/20/04 05:49 AM »

Scott:

Look at sticker in glove box for three letter codes (RPO codes).  Find ones that begin with G (they are listed in alphabetical order).  GT4 is 3.73, GT5 is 4.10, and G80 is locking rear axle.  It's that simple!

2002 Avalanche Z71
Loaded and bone stock!
Hangman

Judge, Jury, and Executioner

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02/20/04 06:26 AM »

Scott:

Look at sticker in glove box for three letter codes (RPO codes).  Find ones that begin with G (they are listed in alphabetical order).  GT4 is 3.73, GT5 is 4.10, and G80 is locking rear axle.  It's that simple!

Thanks for the info..I've wanted to know as well....Good question and answer.

GoBot

Have: Dodge 1500 Hemi...Had and Miss: Z-71 - LPM, Tinted Windows, True Dual exhaust w/#40 Flowmasters, Nerf Bars and Bull Bar, PIAA 540's, Billet Grill, Billet Knobs, Billet Fuel Door, HPlll, K&N FIPK, Bugflector ll and vent visors. Silver Star High & Lows (All 4 on High) All 4 Brake and turn signals, 50 watt fogs, F/T DRL's, Blue puddle lights & Interior, Door Scanners, Keyless tailgate, Maglight, PIAA  Blades, Sail Panel Lights, Cup Holders, AVTFM,  Bed Rack, Strobes, Gatorback Black, VR strap
scott_gunn

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 02/20/04 06:30 AM »

Thanks!
scott_gunn

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02/24/04 04:13 PM »

Is there a place to find out what all of the codes mean?

Edit - I found it, nevermind.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/RPO_index.shtml
« Last Edit: 02/24/04 04:39 PM by scott_gunn » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: