• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cabela's GTG

Intimidatoruag

A few members have expressed interest in a GTG at Cabela's in Dundee, Michigan .... then with enough interest we can do dinner after ....

I'll start the post here and see who is interested in attending

In case you are wondering where Dundee, Michigan is at: US23 at exit 17 ... exit 17 is M50

Please post if would like to attend and if/where you would like to go for dinner.

I'm working on getting us some club decals, so let me know if you would like one at $5 each ....

Visit Cabela's web site

========================================================================

I have posted on this board April 17th is the official date for the GTG ... I'm hoping most of you can still make it ....

Weather Update 4/14: Forecast for Sat Apr 17 Isolated T-Storms 75?/58? 30 %

I did a little scouting in the area too ... if we want to have dinner after the trip to Cabela's there is the following:

Applebee's
Bob Evans
Denny's (Blah!)
Wilderness Pizza
or Cabela's also has a cafe ....

or a cruise to Toledo (20 miles south) and then there is plenty to eat .... We even have a Hooter's in Toledo! .... across from a Catholic Church! LOL

Meet at Cabela's at 1 pm and then a 4 pm cruise to Dinner? Any Place is fine for me. No one has said if they would like to do dinner. Any takers on dinner? and where? Applebee's is place of choice for Dinner ....

So far we have:
Intimidatoruag - Dinner(4)
Goldbowtie - Dinner (2)
Bcavanau - Dinner (1)
Luv2Boat - Dinner(2)
Strech MFD - Dinner(2)
Ohfisherman
GRAV - Dinner(2)
OldMerv - Dinner(2)
Flint4x4 - Dinner(2)
Thksnow - Dinner(2)
dmacker
Butch Z66 - Dinner (2) possibly (4)

Possible:
Thundar
Mongo and Mongo's Wife
Thudson
Unclemiltie - out
Spork - out

I'm ready for this one.

Assuming we will do this on a Saturday, I prefer April 3, Apr 17, Apr 24, May 15, or May 22.

(y)I would be in if the dates don't conflict with work or a bass tournament. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread for a definate date when you have it.
Larry

I'm in, always need a reason to go there :)

Once you guys decide on a set day/time, I will make it an official gtg for the Michigan group.

Will kinda combine things all in one...

Brian

Went to Cabela's last friday ... what a mess ... it was during there Spring Expo ... forget talking to the Store manager ... way too busy .... the Expo runs thru 3/14 so I'll stop by there on Monday the 15th and see if we can get an area to ourselves for parking ....

they have nothing listed on the board for May yet but I'm leaning toward April 24th for the GTG ... I know this is the w/e before the Paris Landing GTG but I'm hoping most of you can still make it ....

I did a little scouting in the area too ... if we want to have dinner after the trip to Cabela's there is the following:

Applebee's
Bob Evans
Denny's (Blah!)
Wilderness Pizza
or Cabela's also has a cafe ....

or a cruise to Toledo (20 miles south) and then there is plenty to eat .... We even have a Hooter's in Toledo! .... across from a Catholic Church! LOL

How about a 1 pm meet at Cabela's and then a 4 pm cruise to Dinner? Any Place is fine for me.

I'd love to go, but unfortuneatley(sp) I'll be out of town that weekend as well as the next weekend also. :6: Oh well my loss I guess. I'll make one of these GTG's sooner or later.
Larry

Stretch MFD said:
I'd love to go, but unfortuneatley(sp) I'll be out of town that weekend as well as the next weekend also. :6: Oh well my loss I guess. I'll make one of these GTG's sooner or later.
Larry

What about April 17?
That's the Saturday after Easter, as thksnow suggested.

Just trying to find a date that is best for most. ;)

ok ... I can for the 17th .... everyone else like that idea? .... that gives 2 week before the Paris Landing GTG .... everyone like the 17th?

We need to get more people into this .... got to have more the 5 trucks .... Cabela's has more than just outdoor stuff ... they have clothing, shoes .... automotive accessories ....

There is a GTG at BW3's in Novi on March 28th and I will talk to who ever is there about coming to the Cabela's cruise in April. That would be a fun place to cruise to.

Erick

ps. You need to take some of the = = = ='s out of the first posting because it make the page too wide to load without scrolling to view it.

OldVMer and spouse are a strong maybe even though we were just at Cabela's last month on the way back from a GTG in Kalamazoo.

Anyone want to meet up for the trip up to Cabela's? We can start picking up people in Akron on the way through, then collect the Cleveland folk and get a good caravan going. (y)

--OldVMer

OldVMer said:
OldVMer and spouse are a strong maybe even though we were just at Cabela's last month on the way back from a GTG in Kalamazoo.

Anyone want to meet up for the trip up to Cabela's? We can start picking up people in Akron on the way through, then collect the Cleveland folk and get a good caravan going. (y)

--OldVMer

(y) I have been hoping for some NEO participation. (y)

I plan to take the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) to Toledo and then head towards Michigan from there. Not sure, but I don't think we have anyone from Cleveland going to this - at least not yet. :cautious:

My first visit at Cabela's was two years ago, and we are ready to go again. Have been hoping for an Av GTG to make the trip more fun.

I'd like to go, have never been to Cabela's. What time though ? I don't get home from work until 3AM Sat. mornings so would have to get to bed fast. I told Wendy maybe she'd find something she wanted for her or her truck for her birthday. She took my S-10 :love: and I got the '02 :B: Last time we were in Ohio was June 26, 1987, got married in Toledo :-* oops, forgot Cedar Point is in Ohio :)We're free any Saturday until it's warm enough to canoe.

Loren & Wendy

Back