• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

keyless entry

awaken96

do any of know where the antenna for the keyless entry system is.....i have to be right on top of the truck in order to lock/unlock the doors, i changed out the battery and that didnt help, been thinking the keyless antnna might be the problem......thanx

I believe the Keyless entry antenna is built into the controller for the keyless entry which is built into the Passenger door module PDM.. basically the passenger door window control switch and door lock switch.

Could be a bad connection at the module or something quick would be to disconnect the battery for 30 seconds or so... Probably won't make a difference but its quick and easy....

I have this same problem on my 2004. On my 2000 Tahoe it had a range of at least a half of block. Now I have to stand right next to the truck to lock or unlock it. If I forget where I parked it, in a big lot of cars, using the panic button is no help. Next time I take in for service, I'm getting them to look at it. But from what I read in this forum, there isn't much that can be done.

It may not be your PDM. Open the key fob/ transmitter, and clean the printed circuit board area where the buttons make the contact. Rubbing it with a pencil eraser should be sufficient. Also, rub the black area under the buttons. This may help get a better contact.

I have to do this a lot with our vehicle and tv remotes.

:love: :B:

Can anyone help me reprogram my keyless entry remote? One of my remotes was reordered online and I was told that you can reprogram the remote yourself. If not, I will get the dealer to do it.

The directions are usually written inside the remote. Because, they have to be 'reprogrammed', every time the battery is removed/replaced. Most GM's require you to stand near the vehicle, press both buttons and hold for approximately 7 seconds. You should hear the door locks cycle on/off.

:love: :B:

With a BIG THANK YOU too those who posted about their problems with their keyless entry, it lifted a great weight from my self as with info from got my remote working again   

Back