• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sring GTG Ideas

avalanchuck

SM 2007
I'm sure everyone's weekends are going to start getting booked up with yardwork/housework/some-other-kind-of-work here very soon so let's start tossing some ideas and possible date around for our next GTG!

:rolleyes:

How about a nice drive up into the mountains like Breckenridge or something. We can stop somewhere and have a picnic or stop at a local place and have munchies and beverages! Any takers?

Yeah, my schedule is going to get worse here real soon. I am overdue for a GTG, tho.

Probably won't be able to do much besides head down the local Grocery Warehouse parking lot on a Saturday evening. There are informal "cruise-ins" at the one at Powers and Constitution when the weather turns good. Lots of nice hot rods, muscale cars, etc.

Figured I would get the Avy cleaned up and let folks check it out, play around with the mid-gate, whatever. Take some brochures down with me, too.

dchaltry,

Do you live or commute around Stetson Hills? I've saw a Sport Red Avy at Peterson/Barnes on Monday evening and saw it again on Stetson Hills Blvd on the way home from work today! Still has the "All Serra" license "plates."

TTYL,

-Joe

Hey Joe,

I live up in Briargate but sometimes get around the areas you mentioned, but that wasn't me. I don't have any plates of any kind.

What happens at the Grocery Warehouses, just check out each others ride?

Yep, the Grocery Warehouse thing is just a "hang out and BS, check out each other's rides" kind of thing.

Lots of old hot rods come thru and the new street racer types, too. (The ricers aren't my style but I can appreciate a fetish for a vehicle.)

The parking lot gets crowded! Might go down this Saturday, if the weather holds...

TTYL,

-Joe

They usually start showing up around dinner time. Enough in advance of sunset to be there for a few hours.

I live in the Stetson Hills area behing the Sky Sox Stadium. Which Grocery Warehouse are you talking about? The one on Constitution and Powers? What day and time?

Amazing that I am finding members so close to me. It use to be the only ones I could find were up in Denver.

I have a Sunset Orange Avalanche! Definitely, my pride and joy!

Yep, Powers and Constitution.

Sounds like we're setting up a GTG! No date or time set yet. Kinda depends on schedules, I guess. The good weather is usually the start of the cruise-ins. Maybe we need to kick the season off! The wifey might be home at a decent hour tomarrow. So, if I have the kids fed and washed up, I might be able to head over solo.

And maybe I should get my cub scout den to wash the Avy at our den meeting tomarrow - so it's pretty if we do a short notice GTG. Washing a vehicle is one of the requirements for the Handyman activity badge. ;D

SOM! Have you joined that freak show >:D known as SOM Nation? Heh heh. There's some good guys in there...

Regards,

-Joe

I'm thinking about definitely going tonight. Wife wants to go up to Cripple Creek but maybe we can go up there Sunday.

What's everybody think... could be there 5:30 - 6:00 pm??

I'm all for it! About 5:30- 6:00pm at the Grocery Warehouse at Constitution and Powers in the Springs.

Just told the wifey when she called from work. Done deal. (y)

-Joe

Sorry we missed ya Al. I didn't get down there until about 6pm. Had to drop the kids off and pick up the Avy! (Murphy tried his best to keep me from getting there, but I beat him this time! :D )

It was great getting to meet dcharltry and the mrs.

We had another Avy owner come up to us there (she was driving her Jeep, though). She chatted with us a bit and I gave her a brochure. Hopefully she shows up on here as "Peanut" (if it's not already taken).

Funny as heck, her jeep had decals on the side that said HUMMER RECOVERY TEAM. >:D

Here is one pic, two more to follow. They're not anything special but it shows my IB Avy nose to nose with dchaltry's VR Avy.

Enjoy!

-Joe

Attachments

• NoseToNose1.jpg
    NoseToNose1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
Here's another one. Nothing special.

I almost took a pic of a silver Dodge RT-10 (?) pickup. There was a red one there, too.

Also saw a blue SS Silverado and a black one. Lots of nice hotrods/muscle cars.

This is the last pic because the other one was too much like the first one. (As if this one is much different!)

Regards,

-Joe

Attachments

• NoseToNose3.jpg
    NoseToNose3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
:B:Hey Joe,

Good job on the photos! When I went by there (around 5:00) there were about five or six Camaros, a few vetts, a GTO, and a couple of 56 Chevy's. Didn't see any other AVs, but I couldn't stay too long. Looked like there were a bunch more cars on their way in. Looks like everyone was having a good time checking out each others ride. :)

Thanks, Al!

It was pretty packed when I got there at 6pm. The good weather brings 'em out in droves. Lots of nice rides, some for sale, even.

Someone drove thru with an EXT. Wished they would have stopped...

TTYL,

-Joe

HI,

I've been larking around the board for about a year and ask questions occasionally. I posted a tread a few weeks back, on another board about accommodating a suicidal deer (AV 1 deer 0). I?ll have my AV back tomorrow (4/23). If and when a group ride materializes let me know. In between times I?ll try to make it to Powers and Constitution around 6pm Sat. (4/24).

Bob,

Glad to hear you're getting your Avy back! I wonder if I read that thread...did you post pics with part of an antler still stuck in the cladding?

I doubt there will be a cruise at the P & C GW this weekend, since the weather turned on us. We ccan certainly use the precipitation but I'd prefer to have it in the form of rain...weill have to try on future weekends.

Regards,

-Joe

No horns in the grill just fur. We'll try the parking lot another week end. Can you shed some light on types of membership? What is a full member?

Cheers
Bob

rcornwell1 said:
No horns in the grill just fur. We'll try the parking lot another week end. Can you shed some light on types of membership? What is a full member?

Cheers
Bob
I think this is how it goes:

Full Member is what your "status" changes to after 5(?) posts.

Supporting Member is a status you get if you have paid for a 1 year membership. You can select different levels, the premium level comes with a CAFCNA cup.

The link is: Supporting Member

Hopefully next weekend will be nice and we can meet up at the cruise in...I hope to make it a regular occurance 'cuz I don't do anything for me. (Too busy for inline hockey right now... :6: )

TTYL,

-Joe

Hello folks,

Let's shoot for another avy turn-out at P & C next week-end May 1.

As I told Joe last week... it would be great to see 6 or more avys show up and park together.

Sounds like a good idea.

Today would have been a good day to go down there since the weather turned for the better...I took the time to clean the Avy up real good, too.

The wifey went to Hollywood Video (at the SW corner of the parking lot) and she said there were a mess of vehicles down there. This was around 5/5:30pm. She said she saw 2 Avys - maybe one was an EXT (I know, I don't have her trained well enough).

After dinner, we went to Lowe's and she wanted to go to Linen's 'N Things and World Market. So I drove over to GW to see if anyone was left in the parking lot. Mostly just ricers. This was at about 7:30pm.

TTYL,

-Joe

dchaltry said:
Hello folks,

Let's shoot for another avy turn-out at P & C next week-end May 1.

As I told Joe last week... it would be great to see 6 or more avys show up and park together.

D'oh! I can't believe I missed this one last week! I can't remember what I was doing that I would forget about this. Sorry. :6: Did anyone show?

How about we shoot again for this coming weekend, Saturday, May 15th at the Powers and Constitution Grocery Warehouse parking lot?

Any takers?

TTYL,

-Joe

Back