• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

..BULL BAR.. WHERE DOES THE LICENSE PLATE GO?

ShawnS_AvalanchE_

I GOT THE BULL BAR FOR THE TRUCK AND I CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE THE PLAT GOES :E: THE PERSON WHO I BOUGHT IT FROM SAYS WE NEVER HAVE THAT PROBLEM HERE BECUASE WE DONT NEED A PLATE IN THE FRONT >:D .WHERE I LIVE YOU NEED A PLATE IN THE FRONT AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO :8: ..MAYBE SOME ONE HAS AN IDEA.... :B:

The relocator kit goes for about $22.00 Canadian... It's function is to raise the license plate by about 4 inches. The plate is shaped to go around the bull bar.. and fastens under it in the middle using a stainless stell screw (which comes with the skip plate) Or you can get one at the hardware store.

I used some 3M 2-sided tape to go between the relocator and the bull bar..to prevent friction ..and rubbing.

If you look at my sig..that's where the plate is 'before" the kit is installed.. 1/2 the plate is behind the middle bar of the bull bar.

Here you see the difference ==>PIC

Regards,
CK
{ : (B)

nAV

Notice you too have white DRLs... :C: :C:

Is this a Canadian SOM requirement >:D or is it a requirement for the CSOM with Yak as leader!!! >:D >:D

From Ontario Rules and Regulations guess that answers that

Obstruction prohibited

(3) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being accurately photographed using a photo-radar system. 1993, c. 31, s. 2 (5).

Same

(3.0.1) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being accurately photographed using a red light camera system. 1998, c. 38, s. 2 (1).

Note: On November 20, 2004, unless the Lieutenant Governor issues a proclamation before that day, subsection (3.0.1) is repealed by the Statutes of Ontario, 1998, chapter 38, subsection 2 (3). See: 1998, c. 38, ss. 2 (3), 7, 8.

Same

(3.1) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device or material that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being identified by an electronic toll system. 1996, c. 1, Sched. E, s. 2 (1).

Av2500

From Alberta

70(1) The owner of a vehicle shall attach a licence plate securely
as follows:
   (a)   if the vehicle is not a truck tractor or a motor cycle, to the
rear of the vehicle so that the lower edge of the plate is not
lower than the axle;
   (b)   if the vehicle is a truck tractor, to the front of the vehicle;
   (c)   if the vehicle is a motor cycle, on the rear mudguard or
rear fender so that it is clearly visible.
(2) The owner of a vehicle that has a licence plate shall not display
on the vehicle
   (a)   any other vehicle plate or device bearing numbers or
letters or both that are identical to or have the general
appearance of a licence plate, or
   (b)   a vehicle plate issued by a competent authority of any
other jurisdiction, unless the display is required by this
Regulation or by the laws of the jurisdiction that issued

Technically does not require a front plate.

dichris said:
nAV

Notice you too have white DRLs... :C: :C:

Is this a Canadian SOM requirement >:D or is it a requirement for the CSOM with Yak as leader!!! >:D >:D

LOL Chris,

Actually.. I am planning to implement the Amber DRL mod... I was just saving the easiest for the end.. ;D

MainAv,

I figure... why drive around with a dozen doughnuts in the back seat.. when I can be totally legal... ;)

Av2500,

I thought about it...and actually did it for awhile... but as stated above... I don't need crumbs in ther back seat...lol

CK
{ : (B)

Back