• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM Change on Friday 5-7 FRee trial period?

Forbin

Yes I know this is probably going to be moved deep into the AV section of the avalanche zone but I have to ask.

For those of you who have XM but do not pay for it (It just came with the car) did you notice that Free XM was cut off sometime on Friday?

I was listening to something (Blend?) and when I went to lunch all of a sudden my XM was getting 2 channels, 0 and 1. And 1 was a new format, not the bland one I was hearing for over 6 months.

Or is it just me? (Looks around for the XM police) :)

Nope, It affected my SilveradoSS I didn't pay to renew because I only drive the truck in summer months, I pulled it on sat to cruise to dinner and Bleh, only channels 0 and 1. I had to put the FM attenae back on.

JW

JW said:
Nope, It affected my SilveradoSS I didn't pay to renew because I only drive the truck in summer months, I pulled it on sat to cruise to dinner and Bleh, only channels 0 and 1. I had to put the FM attenae back on.

JW
Can I drive your AV, when you let it rest to drive the SS >:D you know I need to experience first hand what the radix feels like ;D

TNAV said:
Can I drive your AV, when you let it rest to drive the SS >:D you know I need to experience first hand what the radix feels like ;D

All you gotta do is ask >:D and catch me at a GTG(this is the hard part). I should be at the one in the burgh, and I think the Flea Market one in Ohio.

JW

Xm just came out with news Wednesday that a lot of people weren't renewing.... the stock dropped 8% Thursday...so I guess Friday was a ....you want it...pay for it reaction...

Sirius didn't offer free trial channels... only online it's free... :)

Owells I guess no XM random stations for me. And I didn't even get my 3 month free trial /sigh.

Forbin said:
Owells I guess no XM random stations for me. And I didn't even get my 3 month free trial /sigh.

Why not call up and try to get the 3 month trial... that's not part of the random channel switching free play mode

Well, I renewed..2 years. and pay separately - quarterly for the other one (SkyFi).
I was a bit reluctant to do so however; `seems to be a lot of repeats. Shades of HBO! (How many times they played "Big Trouble in Little China"!!) :E: Do they still?

I'd expect some, and what seems to be a rather borderline amount. But that's just IMHO...

If they're concerned about "churn" as the industry calls it, maybe they should look into some of the gripes!

I didn't renew previously, and about 2 weeks, they called me later and offered me the service for another 3 months for $10. I took that offer, it also covered both the XM radio in my car, and my wifes SkyFi one.

I wonder how long I have to wait this time till they make me another offer :)

My XM was also affected. I would receive about 5 to 6 random channels, that changed every few hours, but as of Friday, just the Preview and Radio ID. No more random XM goodness. I would proabably subscribe to XM if it wasn't 10 bucks a month. Maybe 59.99 a year or something. But not 120.00 bucks. Awful pricey for a service, that only had a few channels I listened to.

web said:
Xm just came out with news Wednesday that a lot of people weren't renewing.... the stock dropped 8% Thursday...so I guess Friday was a ....you want it...pay for it reaction...

Sirius didn't offer free trial channels... only online it's free... :)

No wonder people aren't paying for it,I think you have to live in AZ. to pick up the satelite.I know when mine runs out I won't pay for something that doesn't even come in half the time.

XM needs an overhaul to their billing and tracking systems. I still haven't recvd an invoice for the next quarter, which I should have recvd back in March. No wonder their stock has dropped. But if they don't ask, I won't tell....

Back