• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Fuel Pump

amtg4u

I am looking for help finding a high output aftermarket fuel pump to drop into the Tank that will replace the existing fuel pump. My reason for doing this is to get rid of the loud aftermarket aux. pump supplied with the Radix kit.
Does any one have any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with the Radix kit, so I have a simple question... Did you replace the injectors with that kit? If you didn't, then you probably really don't need a new pump. The pumps are oversized for the max engine consumption, plus a lot of worst case tolerance stackups - all involving the maximum injector pulse width. If the injectors are stock, changing the pump won't help. If the injectors are new and larger, then depending on which ones tahay are should tell you what you need in terms of a pump.

Side note - it's hard to replace just the pump in the Bosch unit. You'll likely have to replace the entire fuel module due to the construction...

The Magnason Radix supercharger kit came with #38 injectors and as well as an aux in-line fuel pump that has a loud anoying buzz that I want to get rid of.

Got your pm.., and sent you a reply..., you dont really need the in-tank Walbro with your set-up..., and its a lot of work to install it correctly.
The fuel pump module has to be modified to fit the Walbro pump into it.., and it has to be done right, or it will suck Air below a half tank of fuel...

The Boost-a-pump will work fine for you.., and be a lot easier to install.., if the noise of the aux. fuel pump is to annoying to you.....

Butch.

Back