• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cargo hard cover clips & front push bars

Landscaper

1. What do people do with the lack of 4ft width in the cargo area when reaching the top of the box. The cargo box cover clips mounted to the top of the sides are intrusive. Are there any suggestions?

2. Does anyone know if the front grill bars that are offered by GM (the stupid looking chrome ones) are the only available product or is the something else? Where to get/order, etc.?

Just want to say welcome to the club!! I've never loaded that high so I'll let others give you advice.

Welcome to the club and I have never went that high on loads.. If I did It was inside the clips.

as for the brush guards here is mine a GO RHINE

Pete

Attachments

• brush_guard.jpg
    brush_guard.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 30
1. Some folks have removed the rails for special situations. I don't know what's involved there.

2. There are lots of options for bush bars: Waag, Stealth Offroad, Westin, Manik, Tall & Hadas (?) etc. Lots of members here here have a wide variety. Quite a few with the "stupid looking chrome ones" from GM.

Welcome to the club.

Westin, as well as other manufacturers make bull bars

http://www.westinautomotive.com/pages/westin%2032%20series%20bull%20bar%20apps-ALL.html

Some on this site have it installed. I do, just no pics yet.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=116;action=display;threadid=23967;start=20

Hope this helps

bowtie-racing:
Your choice in GO RHINE is outstanding!! Exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to check for suppliers in my area.
Thanks
PS: Even the other ones look decent, but I just wanted something with more detail and the wrap-around look.

You are right, the GM brush guard is stupid looking.

ducking for cover b/c I know many people have one :-X

WAAG is totally cool looking also!!
These options made my day.
My silver birch 2500 is going to look way cool once I get the brush guard.

Back