• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Central Indiana MODDING GTG 2004

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
After many months for thinking and talking to other members about another MODDING GTG I have decided that I am not going to try to do it this year. We had the largest gathering of Avalanches in the history of this club to date when we did this last September. We registered 47 Avalanches for this event. I did not keep track of the total amount in dollars of the prizes that we gave away but I am sure it was over $5000. We all had a great time and I met many members who will be my friends for life! There were no problems with the event. I have heard many requests to do this again this year and make it a yearly event.
There are a few reasons that I have decided not to do it again. The main reason is that I think it would continue to grow and that I would not have the room. I can park at least 100 Avalanches at my place so that is not the problem. What could be a problem is the weather! If it would rain, a hundred Avalanches in my yard would make a BIG mess! If it grew as I suspect that it would there would be so many people that I would have no where to put them if the weather was bad. If we all hung out in the garage and carport there would be no room to do the mods and that is the whole point of this GTG.
Member Intimidatoruag stepped up and tried to get a GM park in Toledo to hold the event at. The park turned us down because they already had a full schedule for that time of year. He is working on getting that park for this event for next year. Maybe that is what we should be thinking about, a every other year event? Other things that weighed into my decision not to host this event are that I am getting busy with the Swing ?N Load business; I am attending many more events this year than I did last year. Also there have been many other MODDING GTG?s since I held the one last year. I feel that the sponsors that have been so great donating items for these events may be about sponsored out! We cannot expect the sponsors to step up and support every event.
This is not to say that some other member could not hold this event in our area if they choose. Intimidatoruag has stated that he is willing to help if one gets put together. I am willing to share information if someone wants to take the ball with this in our area. We do need to remember that there are MANY more events being held every year. The members need to choose what events they want to attend as there seems to be something going on every weekend.
After weighing all of this I have decided neither to host this event this year nor to make it an annual event. I really wish I could but it?s just not in the cards for me at this time. It was great fun and I know that all who attended the event had a great time. I thank you all again for your support! Maybe some day we will do this again, until then attend as many GTG?s as you can and have fun!!

Butch

Butch,

I fully understand your reasoning about not having another mod event at your house. You were more than generous at the last mod party and took quite a chance with the weather. You have a fine looking lawn and it could have easily become a mud bog given a strong Indiana thunder boomer.

I guess we just need to continue to investigate other venues. Hey, Indiana members, do you have any other ideas for a place with a large parking lot and enclosed (or covered ) work areas.

Butch,
Is Killbuck park still a GM sponsored area? That might be a potential area. I have been away from Anderson too long...

The MOX
Greg

So many mods, so little time (and money)

Butch,
Is Killbuck park still a GM sponsored area? That might be a potential area. I have been away from Anderson too long...

The MOX
Greg

Greg,

No, GM is no longer involved in any Anderson operations! Its that BIG SUCKING SOUND that Ross Perot spoke about a few years ago! The last time I was by the park the lodges were being used by a church and the park was all grown up in weeds! I think m they still use the golf course, it is ran by some outside investers. Its a shame because it was a great park at one time!

Butch

Not getting the park was a real bummer .... but on the bright side I have a line on it for next year ... so if don't hold an event this year not all is lost ....

it might be a good idea to hold it every other year ..... might get more donations that way .... :)

The Central Indiana Modding GTG was awesome...but I definately think every other year would be best...for the reason that donations would be easier to secure for an every other year type of event. I hope to go in 2005.

Back