• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"Service Air Bag" on Info Panel - Intermittent and Annoying....

digitaldiver

Searched the forum and found that a few folks are experiencing the same thing. My "Service Air Bag" warning comes on and will stay on for as much as a couple hours, then go off and not come back on for a day or two, then same thing again. It is in the shop with this problem for the fourth time, and Missouri has a lemon law that says that is enough. Looks like I might get an '04 out of this. Now I can't decide whether I want them to find the problem this time or not!

i have a similiar problem... only my Service Air Bag light stays on for about 30 seconds.
Keep us posted.
Thanks,
Damon

Was wondering if you ever got resolution on your airbag problem and if so, how they fixed it. I am encountering the same issue and have had it in the shop twice, with no resolution. Still getting the service airbag light on

Fourth trip to the shop did the trick. My service manager (on my advice) called the General for a consultation. The problem is some wires around the parking brake. They were re-routed and now all is well.

HA!  see..people said i'm crazy but i knew this problem had something to do with the parking break...  when i push the parking break and use neutral the light goes off!

I found the source of my light. When the light comes on I can open and close my driver door hard and it will go off. It has worked every time. must be a sensor in there or something.

REPLACE THE IMPACT SENSOR AT FRONT UNDER RADIATOR 10 MM BOLT AND ONE PLUG  COST ABOUT $93.00 AT THE CHEVROLET DEALER  PART #10370150

REPLACE THE IMPACT SENSOR AT FRONT UNDER RADIATOR 10 MM BOLT AND ONE PLUG  COST ABOUT $93.00 AT THE CHEVROLET DEALER  PART #10370150

a745035 said:
Same problem is happening with my '05.   :E:  Any more on this? - TIA

Brian

rowbeeone said:
Was wondering if you ever got resolution on your airbag problem and if so, how they fixed it.  I am encountering the same issue and have had it in the shop twice, with no resolution.  Still getting the service airbag light on

I hear ya.  So what actual damage occurs with these sensors?  I know heat & dirt are any mechanical devices' worst enemy, but this one's also an electrical component.  Are contacts cleanable?  (Dielectric grease or something?)  I and I'm sure others would hope to avoid parting with a hundred bucks for this thing if possible.

Many TIA.

Brian

CANB said:

I have an 05 and my light came on as well and its solid.  I checked the wiring under the kick panel and its connected.  I found this thread as well and was wondering is this sensor able to be replaced without setting off the bag?  Or is this a dealer replacement part only?

My light just came on today....  dealer adjusted parking brake last week....  they want $50 to reset the light, or $105 to diagnose...

Looks like I got this one done for free....  will have to go try it now...  lol

Took of this morning the Avy started chiming. Look at the dash seat belt flashing.  :eek:
So I did not have the seat belt latched caught on my coat. The air bag light on WTH.  :E:
So when I got back home set the brake, jump out take things in the house. Jump in pop
the brake light goes out.  ???

Search hear now I know where to start.
Love this site.

Have to pull code to know for sure. Should have one stored but Air bag is hard to get. I did mine manually with a scan tool that offered a terminal. There is a thread I started explaining how to do it. Works for 2003-2006 and MAY for 2002.

2007 and newer would use a different method.

redheadedrod said:
Have to pull code to know for sure. Should have one stored but Air bag is hard to get. I did mine manually with a scan tool that offered a terminal. There is a thread I started explaining how to do it. Works for 2003-2006 and MAY for 2002.

2007 and newer would use a different method.

Thanks. Can you lead me to that thread?

I would have to do the same google search you would...  Its been a while and a few threads ago. Probably written over a year ago. But you can search for it.

Back