Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/23/14 11:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Limited Edition Avalanche  (Read 3883 times)
dprg644
CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member

2003 Z71 Victory Red

Awards
« on: 06/13/04 10:55 AM »

On Saturday while I was in Wichita Kansas I saw a brand new (had new dealer vehicle tags) Avalanche.  It had “limited edition” on it and also some limited addition emblems on the rear panel just in front of the sail panel.  So what makes this a “limited edition” and what’s different about it compared to a non-limited edition.  It is just that I have never seen one before.  
« Last Edit: 06/14/04 01:40 PM by dprg644 » Logged

2003 Z71 Victory Red with cladding, hard loaded, leather, Bose etc.,  Westin brushguard, Manik tail light guards, K&N filter, vent visors, grill inserts, custom tint, PIAA upgraded bulbs, PIAA Driving lights, Custom decals by Tribal, custom Bowtie by Les, Chrome Helo Maxx-6 Wheels and amber DRL's for mod's.  
TLwiz
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 06/13/04 10:59 AM »

It would have been a dealer add-on vehicle.  Meaning that they had a shop put the emblems on, probably custom paint, body kit, interior stuff.  Then they charge you 2-3 times what those items would really cost, add that to the sticker price, and Wallah!!  A Limited Edition AV!

Nothing more than that.  They could call it anything they want to.

'03 SOM Z-71, OnStar, XM, all the toys!
HID, custom projectors!
Hella E55 HID projector driving lights in place of oem fogs
Cadi chrome handles all around, in & out.
Chrome Mesh grille
Chrome bumper steps
FTALEDDRLs
Roof Marker Lights
Lovin' my work truck!
okrednk
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

Avalanching in OK!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 06/13/04 01:02 PM »

I seen a AV here in Enid, a tanish color one.  It had painted cladding, even the sail panels were painted.  Heres the twist, it had a different kind of cladding on it, it was nothing like what is  on the standard AVs.  I really thought this was strange.  I also noticed the nice shiney chrome wheels, the AV was sweet and I haven't seen it since.  If I do catch this guy again, I will have to follow him to where he is going and tag him on the spot.  Nice AVy.  

okrendk

2003 Sunset Orange Z71, Vortec 5300 V-8.
Mods:  Amber DRLs, Maglite Mod, Chrome nerf bars, Wind deflectors, OU decal, Tribal AV custom chrome tornado Z-71 decals, OK chapter decal, interior neon light, AV third brake light decal and Front windows tinted.

MOD in the Making:
1) Rear screen window (can't wait)
2) Sail panel lights/LOF
VB-02
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

I love my blue 2002 Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 06/13/04 01:17 PM »

thumbs_up There is a dealership by me that has don the same thing but the sticker price will nock you back a few steps. I told him heck if I was going to pay that I would driving an EXT
Victory Red

I love MY Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 06/13/04 01:29 PM »

We have a dealer in our area that has a couple of custom AV's on the lot.  They have painted cladding and custom paint.  They aren't regular cladded AV's, but instead look like WBH's with Escalade cladding.  Not a bad look.

2004 Z71, Victory Red w/ Charcoal sport leather interior, Sunroof, Bose 6 disc CD, XM Radio, OnStar, Chrome Assist Bars, Lugage Rack, Perfect.(well I have to add the heated seats)
TLB
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Send gas money & tires

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06/13/04 01:48 PM »

So what makes this a “limited addition” and what’s different about it compared to a non-limited addition.  
The stickers

CAFCNA Member # 2664

03 2500, 4.10's, Roof marker lamps, 8100 VORTEC decals
 Amber DRL's
 Hypertech III
Chrome H2 Wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Fabtech  6"lift

Wave
danlwil

Toys... can you ever have too many?

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06/13/04 04:21 PM »

my guess that the cladding IS the same except that it was sanded smooth.....

I've seen a couple... look nice that way

"7"  White Z71
"Her AV3 "07 LT3 Silver Birch Metallic
"AV 5" 05 Blk Onyx Z71 t  for 7
"AV 4" 04 DBM 2500 t for "AV5"
"Her AV2"03 Victory Red wbh t for Her AV3
"Her AV" 03 Summit White 1500 t for "her AV2"
"His AV"02 Indigo Blue 1500 t for AV4
midlifecrisis
Charter Member

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06/14/04 05:15 AM »

Did the sticker actually say Limited Addition as opposed to Limited Edition?

2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip
MrFleming007

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06/14/04 07:25 AM »

Grin Now that would be "special"!

2007 Charger Daytona
Limted Edition Plum Crazy #301/1400

Gone but not Forgotten
'02 Summit White Z71 Avalanche Traded 11-13-05
4" Trailmaster lift, Centerline Cobra 23 wheels, 33/12.50 BFG All Terrain KOs, Flowmaster dual exhaust, visualogic head rest monitors, roof marker lights
Av-n-Taz

Taz, my AV co-pilot. Member 9440

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 06/14/04 08:14 AM »

Sounds as though, every one of you, that have done MODS
 to your Av, now have a "Limited Edition" AV.  

Congratulations!

love  chevy

02 SOM Z71, FTADRL's/Turn, All6onHi w/50W Fogs, 4 brake lights, VRStainless Straps, “poor man’s LOF”, Hypertech PPIII, Taylor TV50s, EZ Bedslide, DE-Amp Bypass, Leveling keys. FlowMaster 70 Series, "Vette" servo, trailer wiring outlet moved to bumper.
midlifecrisis
Charter Member

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: 06/14/04 12:58 PM »

Sounds as though, every one of you, that have done MODS
 to your Av, now have a "Limited Edition" AV.  

Congratulations!

love  chevy

Does that mean my resale value goes up 25%??   Wink

2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip
pdxkevin
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

Spero nos familiares mansuros

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: 06/14/04 01:08 PM »

Every single AV is a "limited edition".... Every year they only make the number they make and then move on to the next year's model.

...  Go Play outside  ...
_gadget_

Does it get any better?

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 06/14/04 01:27 PM »

On Saturday while I was in Wichita Kansas I saw a brand new (had new dealer vehicle tags) Avalanche.  It had “limited addition” on it and also some limited addition emblems on the rear panel just in front of the sail panel.  So what makes this a “limited addition” and what’s different about it compared to a non-limited addition.  It is just that I have never seen one before.  

Are you sure it was not used?  Colorado dealers got sticker for the "Colorado Avalanche" (hockey team) limited edition back in 2001 for the stanley cup champs.  There are quite a few around here (stickers were put on early 2002 models) but I have seen a few on some '03s too.  Sales person must have found an extra set in a desk or something.

The only thing that made it "special" was those three stickers.  One on tailgate, and C-pillars on each side)  Has the Avalanche (hockey team) logo on it.

Wink Click picture for info on my Avalanche and 40+ MODS Wink
dprg644

2003 Z71 Victory Red

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 06/14/04 01:33 PM »

I stand corrected, "EDITION" sorry I should proof read my posts  Shocked

The temp. tag was for brand new vehicle and the AV appeared to brand new.
« Last Edit: 06/14/04 01:35 PM by dprg644 » Logged

2003 Z71 Victory Red with cladding, hard loaded, leather, Bose etc.,  Westin brushguard, Manik tail light guards, K&N filter, vent visors, grill inserts, custom tint, PIAA upgraded bulbs, PIAA Driving lights, Custom decals by Tribal, custom Bowtie by Les, Chrome Helo Maxx-6 Wheels and amber DRL's for mod's.  
Loggie

What made it all happen--The Original Concept

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: 06/14/04 02:54 PM »

Speaking of Limited Edition…
I wonder if they are going to do a Joe Gibbs performance AV?  I just read about the Silverado they did in August’s edition of Truckin magazine.

JoeSpicoli
CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member

There will always be Avs and Av nots; I'm an Av.

WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: 06/14/04 03:02 PM »

I have to second _gadget_ on the Colorado Avalanche Limited Edition (CA LE).  I saw a couple of them on the lot at Daniel's Chev - but none at Al Serra Chev - when I was shopping for my Avy.  The emblems were the only thing special about them.

The '02 VR Avy that shares the parking lot at work has them.  I should take pics.  idea

Funny scene: a week or so ago, I was sitting at a stop light and there was another IB Avy two lanes over (it had the CA LE emblems - that's the connection).  Anyway, the lady in the car between us was actually aware of her surroundings and noticed the two IB Avys.  She was looking back an forth between us like "Am I seeing double?"...hillarious, IMHO.  thumbs_up  The other driver was not aware of the situation, otherwise she might have gotten a verbal tag!  (Oh, to clarify, I do not have a CA LE.)

At CARR Chev in Beaverton, OR, they had some "GLADIATOR" c/k 1500 pickups when I bought my '98 Silverado.  I think they were done up locally with the windshield decal and black nerf bars.  Can't remember what else was added but they were barebones models to begin with.  Never seen one anywhere else...

-Joe

StrobinAvalanche

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 06/14/04 03:06 PM »

Speaking of Limited Edition…
I wonder if they are going to do a Joe Gibbs performance AV?  I just read about the Silverado they did in August’s edition of Truckin magazine.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=15566;start=0
Victory Red

I love MY Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 06/14/04 03:52 PM »

my guess that the cladding IS the same except that it was sanded smooth.....

I've seen a couple... look nice that way

The ones in my area had cladding that went over the wheel wells, so it couldn't be standard av cladding.  The top cladding was painted, but rough.  Also, the bumpers were chrome, not cladded.

2004 Z71, Victory Red w/ Charcoal sport leather interior, Sunroof, Bose 6 disc CD, XM Radio, OnStar, Chrome Assist Bars, Lugage Rack, Perfect.(well I have to add the heated seats)
Chief
Charter Member

Go team Venture!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: 06/14/04 03:56 PM »

I know from time to time there has been the fantasy of a "CAFCNA" edition Avalanche - now if we could just get a dealer to do it to our specs...

2002 Z-71, Indigo blue, Graphite leather - purchased 12/21/01 traded in 04/13/05

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, Galaxy silver, gray leather - purchased 4/13/05 traded in 05/23/09 - second fastest stock L67 powered Grand Prix in North America

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White Hot, Onyx Leather, Sunroof, 35% tint, bass bias mod, 1/2 washer exhaust mod, 91 Octane Superchips Cortex tune

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport SWB, graphite, gray cloth, bone stock winter beater
Loggie

What made it all happen--The Original Concept

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: 06/14/04 04:00 PM »

Very cool.  Not sure how I missed this post!  Thanks!

JR

Like A Rock

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 06/15/04 02:05 PM »

Mine will be Limited because they don't make the Arrival Blue anymore

2004 Arrival Blue(WBH) Z-71 with Sunroof,Amber DRL,GM Stainless,GM Vent Visors,GM Hood Protector W/Embossed Avalanche Logo,Billet Grill,Stainless Steel Fender Trim,Triple Chrome Plated Mirror Covers and door handles,Blessinem Dub Wheels 22"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: