• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Limited Edition Avalanche

dprg644

SM 2005
On Saturday while I was in Wichita Kansas I saw a brand new (had new dealer vehicle tags) Avalanche. It had ?limited edition? on it and also some limited addition emblems on the rear panel just in front of the sail panel. So what makes this a ?limited edition? and what?s different about it compared to a non-limited edition. It is just that I have never seen one before.

It would have been a dealer add-on vehicle. Meaning that they had a shop put the emblems on, probably custom paint, body kit, interior stuff. Then they charge you 2-3 times what those items would really cost, add that to the sticker price, and Wallah!! A Limited Edition AV!

Nothing more than that. They could call it anything they want to.

I seen a AV here in Enid, a tanish color one. It had painted cladding, even the sail panels were painted. Heres the twist, it had a different kind of cladding on it, it was nothing like what is on the standard AVs. I really thought this was strange. I also noticed the nice shiney chrome wheels, the AV was sweet and I haven't seen it since. If I do catch this guy again, I will have to follow him to where he is going and tag him on the spot. Nice AVy.

okrendk

(y) There is a dealership by me that has don the same thing but the sticker price will nock you back a few steps. I told him heck if I was going to pay that I would driving an EXT

We have a dealer in our area that has a couple of custom AV's on the lot. They have painted cladding and custom paint. They aren't regular cladded AV's, but instead look like WBH's with Escalade cladding. Not a bad look.

dprg644 said:
So what makes this a ?limited addition? and what?s different about it compared to a non-limited addition.
The stickers

my guess that the cladding IS the same except that it was sanded smooth.....

I've seen a couple... look nice that way

Sounds as though, every one of you, that have done MODS
to your Av, now have a "Limited Edition" AV. >:D

Congratulations!

:love: :B:

Every single AV is a "limited edition".... Every year they only make the number they make and then move on to the next year's model.

dprg644 said:
On Saturday while I was in Wichita Kansas I saw a brand new (had new dealer vehicle tags) Avalanche. It had ?limited addition? on it and also some limited addition emblems on the rear panel just in front of the sail panel. So what makes this a ?limited addition? and what?s different about it compared to a non-limited addition. It is just that I have never seen one before.

Are you sure it was not used? Colorado dealers got sticker for the "Colorado Avalanche" (hockey team) limited edition back in 2001 for the stanley cup champs. There are quite a few around here (stickers were put on early 2002 models) but I have seen a few on some '03s too. Sales person must have found an extra set in a desk or something.

The only thing that made it "special" was those three stickers. One on tailgate, and C-pillars on each side) Has the Avalanche (hockey team) logo on it.
550-avalanche-away.jpg

midlifecrisis said:
Did the sticker actually say Limited Addition as opposed to Limited Edition?

I stand corrected, "EDITION" sorry I should proof read my posts :eek:

The temp. tag was for brand new vehicle and the AV appeared to brand new.

Speaking of Limited Edition?
I wonder if they are going to do a Joe Gibbs performance AV? I just read about the Silverado they did in August?s edition of Truckin magazine.

I have to second _gadget_ on the Colorado Avalanche Limited Edition (CA LE). I saw a couple of them on the lot at Daniel's Chev - but none at Al Serra Chev - when I was shopping for my Avy. The emblems were the only thing special about them.

The '02 VR Avy that shares the parking lot at work has them. I should take pics. :0:

Funny scene: a week or so ago, I was sitting at a stop light and there was another IB Avy two lanes over (it had the CA LE emblems - that's the connection). Anyway, the lady in the car between us was actually aware of her surroundings and noticed the two IB Avys. She was looking back an forth between us like "Am I seeing double?"...hillarious, IMHO. (y) The other driver was not aware of the situation, otherwise she might have gotten a verbal tag! (Oh, to clarify, I do not have a CA LE.)

At CARR Chev in Beaverton, OR, they had some "GLADIATOR" c/k 1500 pickups when I bought my '98 Silverado. I think they were done up locally with the windshield decal and black nerf bars. Can't remember what else was added but they were barebones models to begin with. Never seen one anywhere else...

-Joe

Loggie said:
Speaking of Limited Edition?
I wonder if they are going to do a Joe Gibbs performance AV? I just read about the Silverado they did in August?s edition of Truckin magazine.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=15566;start=0

danlwil2500 said:
my guess that the cladding IS the same except that it was sanded smooth.....

I've seen a couple... look nice that way

The ones in my area had cladding that went over the wheel wells, so it couldn't be standard av cladding. The top cladding was painted, but rough. Also, the bumpers were chrome, not cladded.

I know from time to time there has been the fantasy of a "CAFCNA" edition Avalanche - now if we could just get a dealer to do it to our specs...

Very cool. Not sure how I missed this post! Thanks!

Back