• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hail Damage... anyone? anyone?

avalanchuck

SM 2007
Well I realize its nothing close to hitting an elk with my Av... but notice a small ding in the hood this am when leaving for work. :6: We've had a hail storm or three run through the Denver area over the last week or so. Too afraid to look much closer to see if I find any more. :cautious:

Hope everyone else has survived thus far!

Oh no! I was cringing when I saw the title of this thread. Sorry about your ding...but at least it is only one ding! (I'm usually not this optimistic, but I feel your pain. ;) )

This morning, one of the other dads in my son's Boy Scout Troop had to show me the hail damage he just sustained to his Miata. The roof had 7 holes in it, the rear window had one large hole, one rear taillight had a broken lens, the trunk lid was peppered, and the hood was peppered. :6:

Yesterday, some of my coworkers actually saw the tornado/funnel cloud go through the Bell Mountain neighborhood. And they said there was another one forming over the top of our building but did not ever turn vertical, it just dissipated. Whew!

Maybe Paintless Dent Removal, PDR, will work on that one ding. I have 3 dings I need removed. :7: But they're not from hail.

Regards,

-Joe

edit: fixed misplaced comma, dang it.
2nd edit: fixed context, their -> they're Timmy, Timmy

One ding! I hate when that happens! :E: BUT, you're damn lucky!!!

I had hail damage last yr..I went with the paintless dent removal and it work fine. I also purchased a heavy duty cover for my AV from www.Autoanything.com.

Ok... I realize that one dent ain't all that bad... and after a little closer examination... I believe that is the only one I do have. (y)

Its just when you see the first one you assume there will be more and I just had to vent a little! lol

Thanks and here's a little :love: to everyone who responded with links and places to get my minimal damage fixed!

Back