• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Friday July 23rd Ditch in WI GTG

jnspur

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
On the weekend of July 23rd Ditch will be in WI from MO. Anybody want to do a Friday night GTG? If there's anyone from Racine who can suggest a good spot, let me know, and I will also check around! An icecream stand might be fun. It's nice to be outside and chit-chat. We got a month to put something together so let me know who thinks they can make it!

We might be able to make it. We have been itching to do something with all of you.
I finally have a new job. (start Jul 6th) Now I will have normal hours. Monday thru Friday.

This is also Tami's Birthday. >:D

I will keep an eye on this to see what comes of it. Put us down as a definate maybe.

Great, Should we all bring birthday cakes and say the heck with dinner?? Ha ha ha !!! I have a cake(frosting) thing. It will be great to you guys again. Matt

Mdz66 said:
Great, Should we all bring birthday cakes and say the heck with dinner?? Ha ha ha !!! I have a cake(frosting) thing. It will be great to you guys again. Matt

yes you do....

" want some cake with that frosting......" :rolleyes:

Jen, Jean and I look forward to meeting everyone. :) We would be more than happy to meet up with you guys in your neck of the woods or anywhere else. What ever is the easiest for everyone. We'll continue to monitor the board.

Sean

I found out about a couple of car-hop drive-ins in the Racine area.
That might be kind of fun. I don't know my way around Racine that much, but it's not too far from Milwaukee, so it works for me. I will get down there and scope it out soon.

In Wisconsin, we have to work on Fridays ;), so we won't be able to get there until 5 or 6-ish I'm guessing.

Dan and Tami, I hope you can make it... long time no see!
Bud, It will be nice to meat you.

Attendees:
The guest of honor Ditch (Sean & Jean)
Mdz66 (Matt and Dawn and/or Biggie)
dhaluzak (Dan & Tami)
Budheat (Bud)
Avialanche (Mike)
jnspur (Jennifer & Gary)

Biggie said:

0.jpg

LOOK ITS A BIRD NO ITS JUST DAVID >:D

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 5
I have no definate place yet, I don't know the neighborhood down there. I'm going to check those places out Monday. dhaluzak suggested the Carousel out in Sussex. That could work. It's out in the country more and might be better than in the city.
Does anybody have a preference?
Racine Kenosha area -vs- Sussex (Waukesha)?

dhaluzak and budheat won't be able to be there until 6-ish, and I'm not sure when Mdz66 is coming into town.

Ditch, If you (or your gf) knows of something by the lake, let me know! I really don't know my way around down there. I checked out Andy's in Kenosha today and it's easy to get to but kind of a long way from Milwaukee. There's an A&W on I94 and Hwy K in Racine that I think would work out better. There is also one by Mitchell Int'l Airport and I'm going to check that one out this week. And we'll also keep the idea of the Carousel out in Sussex open for now. We could always cruise out there or something.

It looks like somewhere around 6:pm will be the soonest folks can get there. Any other ideas from anyone, let me know!

jnspur said:
Ditch, If you (or your gf) knows of something by the lake, let me know! I really don't know my way around down there. I checked out Andy's in Kenosha today and it's easy to get to but kind of a long way from Milwaukee. There's an A&W on I94 and Hwy K in Racine that I think would work out better. There is also one by Mitchell Int'l Airport and I'm going to check that one out this week. And we'll also keep the idea of the Carousel out in Sussex open for now. We could always cruise out there or something.

It looks like somewhere around 6:pm will be the soonest folks can get there. Any other ideas from anyone, let me know!

I just spoke with Jean, she just woke up from a nap, something about getting up early this for morning for some sort-of ISO BS.

Anyways Jean can't think of anything and was going to check with her cousin. (Still haven't heard back.) I was going to do a mapquest search of that area and/or Kenosha for resteraunts/food. (Anywhere in Kenosha is good too.)

Jean mentioned talking to her Dad and that he said Racine would be swamped that weekend for a festival? Maybe Kenosha or just out-of-town of Racine would be a good idea? If we find anything I'll let everyone know.

Like I said before, we look forward to meeting everybody. We are defintely coming! Jean has had the hotel booked and paid for since Jan. They wouldn't even accept a booking in JAN. for that weekend unless she paid for it then.

Sean

Mapquest was no help, but I did find two links:

Link 1

& better choice

Link 2

O.K. I can't directly get to Link 2, once you click on it wait for the intro at the top of the screen to finish. Then click on Table settings.

Back