• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sea Foam?

DeepRiverOnt

I did a search and couldn?t find any posts but I was wondering if anyone else has been using this product?

If your not familiar with Sea Foam you can just click here.

BTW, I don?t? work for, nor am I affiliated, with this company but adding it to the gas on my old 2000 Silverado 5.3 worked wonders and I?ve been using it religiously on my outboard motors for the last 4 years.

If anybody is interested in seeing what other people think of it, here's a link to a thread on Seafoam on GM-Trucks.com.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30888&hl=

I was told by my neighbor, a GM mech, that sea form wasn't designed for our type of engines. He told me a better product to use. I'm having a brain cramp and can't remember what it was. But he said it's the same stuff GM uses when you go in for maintenance or fuel system flush. I had a clonged injector and asked if Seafoam would fit, like in my 83 TA, but he said could end up causing more problems instead....

I'll try to find the name of the stuff..... ???

I used it in my dodge diesel to clean my injectors  and it worked great. But I have herd that it does very little for our gas engines.

I tried it in one of my Jeeps and it didn't make any difference in performance.  My Jeep only had 21000 miles on it so maybe there wasn't enough built up deposits to make a difference.

RLTW

i have been using it for about 4 years now. i cant really say a whole lot about the performance in my avy but it just keeps things clean i guess. but i have a 89 z71 gmc and it cleaned that puppy up. also i have a boat that i use it in for cleaning the carb and as a fuel stabelizer. has worked well for me past 2 years. ill keep using it till someone shows me somethin better

nealson2003 said:
i have been using it for about 4 years now. i cant really say a whole lot about the performance in my avy but it just keeps things clean i guess. but i have a 89 z71 gmc and it cleaned that puppy up. also i have a boat that i use it in for cleaning the carb and as a fuel stabelizer. has worked well for me past 2 years. ill keep using it till someone shows me somethin better
exactly, better and a comparable price 

a friend of mine that i got to start using the stuff called it the "wonder drug" for cars because it does everyting! cleans, maintains, etc etc. just love the stuff and i actually need to go get a bottle cause i just bought a 94 dodge ram with high miles but runs great (i just want to put the stuff in there to see what she does) by the way the truck is for sale and runs great if anyone interested.

nealson2003 said:
a friend of mine that i got to start using the stuff called it the "wonder drug" for cars because it does everyting! cleans, maintains, etc etc. just love the stuff and i actually need to go get a bottle cause i just bought a 94 dodge ram with high miles but runs great (i just want to put the stuff in there to see what she does) by the way the truck is for sale and runs great if anyone interested.
I used to sell cases of it to the farmers in the outlying areas around here, I asked  one day why he liked it so much and he just said "try it and you'll know"
I've been using it ever since

I have been using it in my outboard engine to clean carbon deposits.  I tried it in my 94 GMC Jimmy with 230000 miles on it and noticed an improvement after the first tank of gas.  Now I fill up my AV and dump a can in every three months or so.  With the price of gas these days i figured every bit of extra mileage I can get is worth it.

i usedon my 82 camaro about 10 years ago and after i used it my engine blew up knocked a hole in side of the 350 :beating:

moosc said:
i usedon my 82 camaro about 10 years ago and after i used it my engine blew up knocked a hole in side of the 350 :beating:
was this from adding it to the crankcase?

I use a similiar all in one product in the gas of my snowmobile thats made by Polaris. But in my Avalanche? Don't see a need :D

directions on the 16oz. can says 1.5oz per qt. , if you dump the whole can in that's WAY TOO MUCH! that would treat 10 quarts of oil  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back