• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

North Face Edition

impalassman

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the typical Avalanche, versus the North Face edition?
I have the opportunity to pick one up, used, with 30,000 miles on it, for 27,000, minus the trade in on my 95 SS...
Is this a good deal?
Is the North Face edition going to be a collectors item?
Your opinions and suggestions are welcome...
TIA
George T. Hatziyannis

Northface has special Green seating (and door panel inserts) with Northface logo for 2002 and special Gray seating (and door panel inserts) with Northface logo for 2003. Heated seats are not available.
It has special white face insturment cluster with Northface logo where the tranny temp should be.
It has the same rubber floor mats as in the Z-71 except the Northface logo is on them instead of the bowtie.
Outside the only difference is the decal with the Northface logo on the C pillar in front of the sail panels.

2002 & 2003 (early) had a special Sage Green Metallic paint only available on the Northface edition. The Northface package was available on all color AVs (I think).

Price still sounds high to me. Collector's edition...I don't know anyone yet that is collecting the Avalanche (the truck itself), so that would be a judgement call.

I believe that the NFE is a standard Z71, but with the following additions:

Custom North Face Leather seats
North Face Gauge Cluster
North Face Floor Mats
2 North Face Day Packs that attaches to the back of the front seats
2 North Face Duffalo Bags

Hope that helps...

NFE's also included block heaters as standard. NFE's were available in many, but not all colors. Red comes to mind as a color not having been available in NFE. I'll try to find my 2002 pamphlet for the others.

As far as colors go...

In the 02 book, they list the following as NOT being available with NFE:
Indigo Blue
Victory Red
Forest Green Metallic (go figure since Sage green if NFE only)

And in 03 the NOT available list is:
None indicated in printed brochure, I will check the CD

Found the CD and it shows all 10 colors as being available for the NFE in 03.

What Year Is the NFE in question?

There is an '03 Black NFE demo at the dealership around the corner from me. I would have taken it but it didn't have a sunroof. It only had 1,700 miles and all the rebates and 0% came with it. Probably a better buy than a used one at this point.

As much as I love the Av I couldn't see giving up a 95 SS. Sure you can't keep it and buy an Av?

My NFE has just over 27K on the clock and according to edmunds and KBB it's only worth 25K and change retail.

My colleagues here are correct with respect to what comes on an NFE as opposed to a generic Z-71. I took out all the NFE logo stuff and stored it for the day when NFE's and especially grey cladded green interiored ones are truly collectors items.

Good Luck and welcome!

Here is my 2 cents for what it is worth. If you are thinking about trading in your 95 SS, you might want to consider if you are are buying the Ave for the use of it or just to be different? I purchased my 2002 Black exterior with the North Face package not knowing what I had really purchased. The only thing I was bummed about was that it didn't have heated seats, but that was okay. I made a huge mistake when I sold it and now I can never get it back. Do you want it and will use it like I did or are you trying to sell your car because you are tired of it? By the way, if you are still thinking about it, post a picture of the Avalanche and where it is located at to allow others to consider purchasing it if they want to own another.
Thanks and Good luck!

Considering this thread is 11 years old I bet something has already be done on this....... >:D

I'm picking one up this Saturday, I can't find production numbers, on the phone with GM right now trying to find out how rare the vehicle actually is. I'm having a heck of a time locating the packs that came with it for sale on line. I'll have to just set an alert on ebay or something and maybe eventually I'll have all 4 packs.

2002, there were 10,262 Northface units.
Don't know 2003 production numbers (last year for the Northface edition.)
There is a website somewhere where you can input your VIN and get production numbers but I have long since forgotten it.

:B:

Got the message from GM today, in 2003 there were 1748 North Face Edition Avalanches produced. Wonder how many were done in yellow....

ArkBeeMan said:
Got the message from GM today, in 2003 there were 1748 North Face Edition Avalanches produced. Wonder how many were done in yellow....
That would be a rare bird indeed.

If I had the means back then I would've gotten a second AV in the Yellow NFE.

frito said:
That would be a rare bird indeed.

Ever rarer if was a yellow NFE 2500...

02 Northface said:
2002, there were 10,262 Northface units.

That would be one of every eight was NFE, sure you didn't get an extra zero? 1,262 sounds more realistic

Randy said:
Ever rarer if was a yellow NFE 2500...
A TRUE 2500 NFE would've been very cool. There was someone with a 2500 back in 03 or 04 that got the seats and the cluster and bags, etc. to make his own custom NFE 2500, pretty cool.

I still have my Black 2002 NFE Avalanche with about 240,XXX miles. Anyone think it would be worth to keep it? I still have all extra stuff that came with it. The seats need some repair from over the year and the NFE floor mats have normal wear from over the years. Anyone know where to get some Floor mats?

L_Ruiz87 said:
I still have my Black 2002 NFE Avalanche with about 240,XXX miles. Anyone think it would be worth to keep it? I still have all extra stuff that came with it. The seats need some repair from over the year and the NFE floor mats have normal wear from over the years. Anyone know where to get some Floor mats?
maybe when she is over 30 years oldbut with that high mileage who knows.

I say it is worth keeping though as those were very cool cross branding back in the day which is more normal now.

Northface has special Green seating (and door panel inserts) with Northface logo for 2002 and special Gray seating (and door panel inserts) with Northface logo for 2003. Heated seats are not available.
It has special white face insturment cluster with Northface logo where the tranny temp should be.
It has the same rubber floor mats as in the Z-71 except the Northface logo is on them instead of the bowtie.
Outside the only difference is the decal with the Northface logo on the C pillar in front of the sail panels.

2002 & 2003 (early) had a special Sage Green Metallic paint only available on the Northface edition. The Northface package was available on all color AVs (I think).

Price still sounds high to me. Collector's edition...I don't know anyone yet that is collecting the Avalanche (the truck itself), so that would be a judgement call.
So are all north face editions a Z71? I just bought one but it doesn't have the logo

Drig see my post in your other thread so you can check your RPO codes....

Back