• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche redesign in 2007...?

mystikarkitect

Hey all havent posted in a while. I was reading through my monthly issue of motor trend, and came on to the fact that chevy will completely redesign its SUV's (Tahoe, Trailblazer, Suburban (Equinox too?)) in 2006, with the trucks following in 07. Just wondering what the thoughts are on this, and what a redesigned avalanche could possibly look like? It's one of the most aggressively designed vehicles on the market right now, for sure, so do you guys think they will tone it down more (like with the WBH models) or make it even MORE aggressive? I can picture a redesigned Tahoe or Suburban, but not Avalanche.

Time constraints on getting new designs to production have been shortened, the present full size trucks and thier SUV siblings are built on the GMT800 platform. I know a GMT900 is planned, what concerns me more is whether or not we continue to build the HD truck version here. A plus for the Avalanche is the versatiliy of modern assembly lines to build more than one model. There will always be a need for heavy duty trucks, the Silverado and Suburban will continue. Since the Avalanche sells in smaller numbers will GM use it to test acceptance of design changes ? Many Silverado builders/owners here hated the AV but now the front end look has grown on them so much they chastise me for trading away one of the first. I don't believe any design is set in stone for 2007.

Back