• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sirius Questions

rjcomeau

Charter Member
I just ordered a Kenwood Here2Anywhere from eBay. (y) $130, shipped, new, with Car Kit, Home Kit, & FM modulator (not using). Should be here this weekend and I have a few questions. I want to mount the antenna inside the sail up by the third brake light.

Question: Does the orientation of the antenna matter? It has a magnetic base desgned to be stuck to the roof. Can I mount it to the inside of the sail essentially upsidedown without affecting reception?

I want to mount the unit in the center console (2002 bucket seats). I've seen another mount it in the CD holder (lower opening). I have another use for that opening. I want to use the top opening. I know the width is fine, but the height is not. I will have to shave some of the opening, probably the bottom off to make it fit.

Question: Can anyone point me in a direction as to what products/techniques can me used to finish off the rough spots once the opening is cut? I want it to look reasonable when the unit is removed.

Thanks

The antenna should be right side up. I have both my XM and sirius Ant's on the roof right by the sail.. I have put it in the front windshild of some cars. But you won't get the best Tuneing..

Back