• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

ATL HOOTERS- questions, thoughts, kids

DZOOM

I had another lunch today with the Hooters GM concerning our GTG. The good news is we still have spaces! There are 66 parking spaces. He is roping off the entire lot for us! Once we fill those we will park perpendicular in front of the other trucks. After that, overflow into adjacent lots. KEEP IT COMING! >:D

One of the other considerations is the catagories for our show. I'm thinking BEST INTERIOR, BEST 4X4, BEST STREET TRUCK, HOOTER GIRLS CHOICE, & MANAGERS BEST OF SHOW. any others? Hooters staff is going to judge our trucks. Do you want certificates, plaques, or trophys to commemorate your win. I'm leaning toward plaques, but we would need everyone AV owner to pay a $3-5 entry fee to cover costs. More for trophys. ???

How many of you are bringing kids? One of the Hooter girls ( who is also a mom ) suggested we have something to entertain kids...ie...face painting, balloons, hoola hoops. Hooters is going to have extra staff outside, for this, if we want it. So please let me know! There is no need to do this if we have no young kids.

Also Hooters will be throwing in to the raffle. We just don't know what it will be yet. (Probably not Hooters Air tickets ) :6:

I'm also planning on doing stickers that say ATL Avalanche in a logo with Hotlanta Hooters Aug. 20-22 2004 under it. The cost for these will probably be a buck or 2 for anyone interested. These will be about 3"x3"

Thanks,
DZOOM ;D
David

:0:....How many of you are bringing kids? One of the Hooter girls ( who is also a mom ) suggested we have something to entertain kids...ie...face painting, balloons, hoola hoops. Hooters is going to have extra staff outside, for this, if we want it.

I'm bringing a foster child, little Jose Pollick and I have a face painting >:D idea.

I'll chip in for a share of the awards cost and take several stickers too.

Thanks David

BTW.....a "Hooters Air" round trip to Myrtle Beach with the girls would be a Great GTG.....someday ;)

David.. SUPER JOB... We will fill the parking lot..
Go with the plaques in my mind..
I am bringing my 10 year old.. I think ???

I'm leaving the wife and kids at home this time...so my vote is to have more Hooter girls on staff that night. >:D >:D >:D >:D

This all sounds great. Keep up the great work everyone.
Now...we need more AVs.

Rob

We were trying to figure out how we were going to get a sitter for our girls for the whole day. Now I feel more at ease bringing them! 7 & 5 I will even help out if anyone else is bringing their kids. I'm a mom but don't look the one who works there, I'm sure :)

I didn't even think about bringing them until this post.

We're close enough to swing back home later in the day and drop them off.

Now we just need a sitter for later in the evening.

indigoAV said:
We were trying to figure out how we were going to get a sitter for our girls for the whole day. Now I feel more at ease bringing them! 7 & 5 I will even help out if anyone else is bringing their kids. I'm a mom but don't look the one who works there, I'm sure :)

I didn't even think about bringing them until this post.

We're close enough to swing back home later in the day and drop them off.

Now we just need a sitter for later in the evening.

Kids are welcome.....and it's good to see a April/02 member on the boards tonight.

MIKE

BTW.........
Welcome :B: Member # 597 :B:

Des, Its good to see you finally posted..!!!
My 10 year old son will probably be coming as well..
I am sure the kids will have a good time

Mike

Hug_R_Av said:
Des, Its good to see you finally posted..!!!
My 10 year old son will probably be coming as well..
I am sure the kids will have a good time

Mike

Huggie.....are You, David and Hooters ready >:D for this size
:B: AV-GTG :B: to line up on 3 sides of Hooters for lunch, ect. ect. ect. and maybe many more AV's?

Z66Mike_Pano1.JPG

Huggie.....are ya ready. :B: :B: :B: >:D

Indigoav,
Welcome to the party.
It sure would be nice to have you and your family join our little GTG in 2 weeks.
You will never forget the fun or the friends.
Right, Tinman, Earthquake, Hoss, LRNerd, Zukracer, planetav, wiki, carriles, etc...

Rob

I have lurked on these boards but not posted since before we bought our truck. My dh usually posts as mjoy. We have both been to a GTG, went to the Tenn Aquarium once. It's just hard to make it to others and no offense guys. Most of the GTG don't seem family friendly. You are a bunch of guys and let's face it you are all well "Guys" >:D

When Mike, (mjoy) sent me the link at work to this GTG all I read about was the Hooters part and the truck wash and the girls and thought, yeah if I was a lesbo this would sound like fun. But I did read the other things planned and realized it'll be fun, it's right in our area, and afterall you are only going to Hooters because they have good wings, Right?

Thanks for the welcome and yes it does feel good to be a member for so long!

Des

Well we have had other events, then just a hooters GTG. We have had local events at Taco Mac, Fall runs to apple farms and the mountains with a cook-off, the Atlanta autoshow, and last months at a Pizza place. The STI and PF regional GTG's did not even include a hooters girl! It truely is to come out show off your rig and look at others, and then determine what you can afford to add! What you will find is that these events are a lot of fun. We do try to place them at different areas so the most people can come out. I can tell you though there is no perfect place to meet, there is always someone in the group that can not go for some reason or another. So the best thing that I can say is just come out and see what goes on!! They truely are a lot of fun!

indigoAV said:
Most of the GTG don't seem family friendly. You are a bunch of guys and let's face it you are all well "Guys" >:D
You're right about one thing, we ARE a bunch of guys.
But there are LOTS of women that go to these GTG's and have a blast. At the STI GTG, I think that the kids outnumbered the adults. They had fun at the beach, at Fort Stewart, at the Sat. night social/dance, even in the parking lot when we were racing RC cars. My daughter STILL talks about that trip, and she is only 3 1/2. My wife's only beef is that she wished that it was longer. Most every event at a GTG is family friendly. I base that on whether my wife would enjoy going or not, as she is VERY conservative. There are still times when the adults want to have some time, but that's usually long after the kids are in bed. Hooter's is a typical destination, mainly due to the fact that they have been so accomodating to our group. At the Pigeon Forge GTG, a large group went to Fuddruckers and had a blast. They were also good to us. Hooter's has great wings, are very supportive of our group, and go out of their way to accomodate us (roping of the entire parking lot just for our group).
I hope that you go to the Hotlanta GTG and see that we keep the kids in mind while planning these GTG's. Everything from child-frindly hotels to food durning a cruise, to giving every kid a raffle ticket (I gave away 10- 1/10th scale RC AV's at STI) is considered. Trust me.
Can't wait to meet you at Hotlanta.
You will have fun. Tinman and I will see to that.

Rob

Wvusquatch said:
Well we have had other events, then just a hooters GTG. We have had local events at Taco Mac, Fall runs to apple farms and the mountains with a cook-off, the Atlanta autoshow, and last months at a Pizza place. The STI and PF regional GTG's did not even include a hooters girl! It truely is to come out show off your rig and look at others, and then determine what you can afford to add! What you will find is that these events are a lot of fun. We do try to place them at different areas so the most people can come out. I can tell you though there is no perfect place to meet, there is always someone in the group that can not go for some reason or another. So the best thing that I can say is just come out and see what goes on!! They truely are a lot of fun!

???....I thought they were wearing colorful stringee hair ;) at STI.

What about the dirtiest avalanche???

DZOOM said:
I had another lunch today with the Hooters GM concerning our GTG. The good news is we still have spaces! There are 66 parking spaces. He is roping off the entire lot for us! Once we fill those we will park perpendicular in front of the other trucks. After that, overflow into adjacent lots. KEEP IT COMING! >:D

One of the other considerations is the catagories for our show. I'm thinking BEST INTERIOR, BEST 4X4, BEST STREET TRUCK, HOOTER GIRLS CHOICE, & MANAGERS BEST OF SHOW. any others? Hooters staff is going to judge our trucks. Do you want certificates, plaques, or trophys to commemorate your win. I'm leaning toward plaques, but we would need everyone AV owner to pay a $3-5 entry fee to cover costs. More for trophys. ???

How many of you are bringing kids? One of the Hooter girls ( who is also a mom ) suggested we have something to entertain kids...ie...face painting, balloons, hoola hoops. Hooters is going to have extra staff outside, for this, if we want it. So please let me know! There is no need to do this if we have no young kids.

Also Hooters will be throwing in to the raffle. We just don't know what it will be yet. (Probably not Hooters Air tickets ) :6:

I'm also planning on doing stickers that say ATL Avalanche in a logo with Hotlanta Hooters Aug. 20-22 2004 under it. The cost for these will probably be a buck or 2 for anyone interested. These will be about 3"x3"

Thanks,
DZOOM ;D
David

Friday or Sunday? .............never on a Saturday at Hooters.

Wvusquatch said:
What about the dirtiest avalanche???

DZOOM said:

Thanks,
DZOOM ;D
David

There will be well over 12 children attending this GTG.. We need to be sure there is plenty for them to do..

Mike

I just saw some Avalanche Hulk Trucks at the dollar store.

I will stop and buy about 15.

Will brainstorm to think of games for them to play.

Des

indigoAV said:

Des
I want one I want one I want one.. Were you getting these for the kids?? ;D

Hug_R_Av said:
There will be well over 12 children attending this GTG.. We need to be sure there is plenty for them to do..

Mike

yeah.....but a bunch of us older kids too!

indigoAV said:

Des
DID YOU GET THEM... >:D

These are Marvel Comic toys and not all are AV's. They only had 2.
The owner says he has several cases in the warehouse. Went back today but he hasn't gotten them yet. The Hulk AV is the rarer of them all. >:D

He said he maybe has 6 more with all the cases he has.

Maybe these will be good for the raffle since everyone wants one and there will only be 7. Now if you did the math that doesn't add up does it???????

One stays put here! ;D

Will let you know

Back