• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stone Mountain Cruise Sat Morning Interest

zukracer

PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I know we have a bunch of folks coming in friday night and the sat morning schedule is pretty open. Is there any interest in a group cruise over to Stone Mountain for a look around, maybe a trip up to the top? I have NO (zip, zero, nada) clue how to get there from where we are, but I'd imagine its not too far and would be a fun cruise for us.

Please post here if you are going to be around sat morning, thinking we'd probably need to take off around 8-830am.

Thanks
Brian

Attending
Zukracer
Tinman
Hug_R_av
Hangman
Prince_FuFu ??
Blondesherr ??
EarthQuake ??
OviedoAV
BooTheRedneck
North Face Will
TNAV
Lord Aries
Wvusquatch ??
AvFarmer
Alohapiper
myakstis
avmanic

Anyone else wanna come to stone mountain?

You dont have to walk to the top, dont they still have the cable car??
Also it will be very easy to get here from where we will be staying.. Maybe 20 minutes tops..
Not sure if we can get out of there in time for the GTG.. There is a lot to do there to say the least..
It would make a great photo op though..

Yeah, they should still have the cable car, just watched a special on it on TV :)

I'm thinking just a drive over there, check out the area, head back after an hour or two. Should be plenty of time to make the main GTG at Hooters. And yeah, it would be a fantastic photo op (y)

I am thinking of leaving 8-830am from the hotel, drive over (20-30mins) then head back at 11am to the hotel, arrive around 1130. Then folks can do whatever and still make Hooters by 12-1230. :)

thoughts? anyone interested in this?

zukracer said:
Yeah, they should still have the cable car, just watched a special on it on TV :)

I'm thinking just a drive over there, check out the area, head back after an hour or two. Should be plenty of time to make the main GTG at Hooters. And yeah, it would be a fantastic photo op (y)

I am thinking of leaving 8-830am from the hotel, drive over (20-30mins) then head back at 11am to the hotel, arrive around 1130. Then folks can do whatever and still make Hooters by 12-1230. :)

thoughts? anyone interested in this?

I think it is at least an hour ride from where we will be at. I went camping there a few times, it is really beautifull... I bet we could get our AV's up the walking trail, it's pretty wide... >:D Imagine the photo of our AV's on top of that big azz rock!!! (y)

Its not that far from the hotel, we will pass it to go to the hotel from Atlanta..
Do they have a group discount rate??

As long as the return time does not conflict with our Hooters lunch, I am in! But, my lazy azz ain't walking up that rock... I vote for the Cable Cars... (y)

.....a little place for Enkie's Birthday Cake & Ice Cream Party.

I understand this to be, Glenn's party limit!

Event_8904071929.jpg

Ticket and Mountain Membership (MM) Prices:

Adults: $19.00 + tax
Children (ages 3-11): $16.00 + tax

Current Group Rates (15 or more)
Group Adult Admission $16.00 plus tax = $17.10
Group Child (ages 3-11) Admission $13.00 plus tax = $13.90

Reservations for group tickets are not required. Group tickets can be purchased at our main Ticket Plaza near the entrance to Crossroads. For more information, call 770-498-5636.

(We accept Cash, Checks and the following credit cards: American Express, Visa, Master Card and Discover)

PLUS ADD: Daily Parking Permit
$7.00 per vehicle (tax included; not valid for buses) - - Cash Only

so looks like we'll be contributing to the local economy ;)

I guess you only have to pay to get up the mountain, but could just pay $7 to get in and park ?

Sherr, can you post the link to where you got that info?

there is also the laser and fireworks show at 930pm on sat night there if anyone wanted to go/go back for that :)

Damn, $27 if we can't get 15 people, $22 if we can... plus gas... Thats a pricey little trip... :rolleyes: Don't know if i will have enough money with for this, since I am working or three secret mods for this GTG... >:D

North Face Will said:
Yeah, Add me to the Stone Mountain trip list and scratch me OFF the offroad list.

NF Will :cool:
I thought Stone MOunt was going to be Saturday.. off road Sunday

yep, sat morning is stone mountain .... sunday morning is 4x4in with Robert

I know, cuz I'm doing both ;)

Hey Boo, if by drag race, you mean who's tram cart gets there first ;) sure (y)

I havent been to stone mt. since I was very young, so I am looking forward to seeing things again as well as heading up to the top of the mountain.

Back