• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hotlanta Aftermath...

Aries

SM 2007
Thought this would be an easy way to talk and post pics from this weekend... :0:

Well, its 12:30am and i just got home... Obsydian will be home in about another 45minutes...

Thanks to everyone for this weekend! I had an Awesome time and can not wait for the next big GTG!!!! Loved meeting people in person and being able to put a face with the name, even though I will forget them all by tomorrow morning! LoL ;) ;D (y) :love:

Same for us. The weekend was awesome. Thanks to those who spent so much time and effort to put it all together. My wife, Laura, and I always enjoy everyone's company and are anxious to attend the next GTG whenever and wherever we can.

Quietman said:
Same for us. The weekend was awesome. Thanks to those who spent so much time and effort to put it all together. My wife, Laura, and I always enjoy everyone's company and are anxious to attend the next GTG whenever and wherever we can.
Glad you made it home OK. Terry & I really enjoyed meeting the two of you. Certainly hope we will see you again soon (after full recovery that is!!!).

RB

JohnBChef said:
<----Hi... I'm John ;D
Time for the Flying V!!!

Let it be known now that the Florida Precision Avalanche Driving Team has been born! On the way to the GTG we performed the Flying V formation flawlessly, performed the Box-O-Ford formation and the High-speed split passing maneuver...

Now you might think this is childish... Until you see it in person... >:D

Pictures should be up soon, Oveido, Obsydian, your cue!

Lord Aries said:
Let it be known now that the Florida Precision Avalanche Driving Team has been born! On the way to the GTG we performed the Flying V formation flawlessly, performed the Box-O-Ford formation and the High-speed split passing maneuver...

Now you might think this is childish... Until you see it in person... >:D

Pictures should be up soon, Oveido, Obsydian, your cue!

I-75, coming into Georgia

MidTrailModdingLRNerd.jpg

Lets just say there were a few of us (me included) on the 4x4 event that will have a little something to remember the trip. >:D

Sorry Aries, I couldn't resist, but you took it like a champ. Mad props to you bro!

lanman1 said:
Lets just say there were a few of us (me included) on the 4x4 event that will have a little something to remember the trip. >:D

Sorry Aries, I couldn't resist, but you took it like a champ. Mad props to you bro!

Thanks lan, but we want the whole story...come on Aries, fess up, you know we are going to give you some crap, just get it over with ;) ;D

well lets just say its a good thing squirt doesnt have a lift, cuz he doesnt have any steps to get in that thing anymore >:D

Well, I think that the Level-1 trail was more like a leve-4... LoL No hard feeling Sasquatch, just playin'... ;):D

Anyway, All of my Bully Steps got ripped off! I even ran over one after it got ripped off just for good measure. >:D
Note: Changed Sig to reflect deletion of mod... LoL

Other then that, no damage! The hood was fine and has no scratches... ;D AV performed super and never even got stuck! Even with out having a G80 locker (hehe Rich ;) ) and not being a Z71, just a plain 'ole base 4x4... And I can't wait to see pics of my AV doing it's extra special stream crossing trick... >:D

What happen to Rich and Joe? They were supposed to go with us... :E:

Personal Terms Of Service Disclaimer: Lord Aries recommends asking your trail guide to confirm the Level of the trail. If he/she says its a one, assume it's a 4. Lord Aries does not recommend running over your parts after they have been ripped off on the trail. Lord Aries will not be held responsible for you receiving a TOS notice should one be issued as result of his post in this or any thread.

bummer :(....all of them.....couldn't even save 1?. That sucks, you know, if I ever went off road, I might have to worry about stuff like that, but................

OviedoAV said:
bummer :(....all of them.....couldn't even save 1?. That sucks, you know, if I ever went off road, I might have to worry about stuff like that, but................

Well, If I had a 6inch lift and 35's like you do, I would have been fine... :E: We should trade trucks so that you don't have to worry about such things... >:D

I am not upset at all about it. In fact, I like the truck better with out them... Go figure. :rolleyes:

At least they got ripped off with honor... ;D Oh and I could have saved one but, the bolt heads were stripped... So, that was the one I ran over after it got ripped off... >:D

Dang Aries, and I was admiring those steps at the Hooters too!! Did it do any damage to the floor pan or frame where they were attached? Or did it just pop the bolt heads off?

Reidan said:
Dang Aries, and I was admiring those steps at the Hooters too!! Did it do any damage to the floor pan or frame where they were attached? Or did it just pop the bolt heads off?

Well, they snapped off like twigs but, sounded like glass when they snapped... Poor design but, good in this case because they did not damage the floor pan were they were attached. But, I wonder if they were really safe considering how easy the brackets snapped off. I even broke part of one off by hand... :rolleyes:

Thank goodness for small favors!!

Hey, if you have one workable step left maybe you can donate the remnants to RichUF since Mrs. RichUF may be needing assistance getting into the cab soon!! ;D

Reidan said:
Thank goodness for small favors!!

Hey, if you have one workable step left maybe you can donate the remnants to RichUF since Mrs. RichUF may be needing assistance getting into the cab soon!! ;D
[/quot]

None survived, I take no prisoners ... >:D

Av-n-Taz said:
So, did you guys have straight trucks, getting out of your way?

Sweeeet.

florida_lane_block.JPG

I was leading this formation and I have to say it was quite a site There was GREAT coordination between the five of us via the FRS radio. None of us had driven with eachother before but It was just sooo natural. I'd go on a road trip with this crew any day!!! Maybe we'll do a mini meet and greet to work on our formations and timing for the next major GTG. Pretty much people saw us and got out of the way. Oh and then there was the Black Jetta... :rolleyes: Dude might have needed to pull off and change his shorts >:D

Back