• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Member - need some advice

Invisilanche

I just joined the CAFCNA. I was so happy to find it! I own an '02 AV and LOVE it! I have had my share of problems since I bought it - tailgate falling open at 50mph, windshield washer not working during major winter storm, window switch working intermittently, etc. I'm bringing it into the dealer tomorrow for the driver's window that's rattling like crazy and the brakes are vibrating quite a bit when stepped on a little hard. Any advice? I've been reading the postings here and they have been REALLY helpful. Thanks! :B:

Welcome to the club (y) The brake thing, sounds like you need new brakes, yours are warped and need ground. Included in a brake job. Enjoy your AV (y)

I had my tailgate fall open once while driving (scared the sh!t out of me. BANG!).
I make sure that it is securely closed and locked at all times now!
Good Luck and Welcome to the CLub!

wel_smilie.gif
Invisilanche!

The Av tailgate will sometimes not latch well when you shut it. My grandson shut mine once and not well enough to latch it as I found out (at a slow speed fortunately). When it's all buttoned up, it's somewhat "air-tight". Maybe that's why? I really wouldn't know. But slam it shut!

slam the tailgate, get a brake, job, replace the window regulator, and enjoy your Av, welcome aboard!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I absolutely love my AV and even with all of the little things that have gone wrong - would buy another in a HEARTBEAT! Best truck I have ever owned.

I had a woman back into my back bumper a few weeks ago and actually left her name and number - I know - unbelievable! So I got my back bumper cover replaced ($283) and as I was leaving the body shop, went a couple of miles and thought I had run over a pedestrian. No such luck - it was the tailgate again. I keep it shut and locked now.

Back