Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Owner Satisfaction By Year  (Read 49083 times)

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
Owner Satisfaction By Year
« on: 09/20/04 05:48 AM »

Would you own another AV now that you know all of the positive and maybe negative issues of AV ownership?
AS you can tell by checking the problems threads I have other polls about specific areas on an AV. My intention of setting up these polls was to show a hopefully balanced opinion on the Avalanche. Most threads clearly show problems but we all know that problems can make anyone speak out and when things are good many people are quiet.  I have seen several threads where people have been scared away from an AV by seeing all the problems.
I hope the results of these polls will ease peoples minds and paint a true picture of AV ownership. It may however show patterns and problem areas that are cropping up now or maybe show where early problems have been cured.
I want to thank everyone for your time in these polls and I hope they help paint a fair picture of AV ownership.
Drive safe and enjoy your AV!
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
« Reply #1 on: 09/20/04 09:09 AM »

I can't really vote on this, because I love my AV, and if I ever traded it in or just got a new truck I couldn't say that I would get another, cause I also like diesel trucks, and I am partial to the Cummins diesel. So I may end up getting a Superduty Diesel. One of the reasons I have for not getting another AV is that they don't have my edition anymore, The North Face Edition, and that is what makes my AV unique. I love the looks of the AV, and I love the power and the fact that no other truck out there has the ability and versatility in accepting hundreds of mods. Although if it comes time to buy a new truck in 06-07, I won't think twice about not buying the AV, due to the design changes. the pics that have been posted for that, it doesn't even look like an AV. No cladding, only WBH, front end totally redesigned as is rear, so I may end up getting a diesel after all.

-James. 8)
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

boxapizza

• Love My 7000 lbs Ferrari!
« Reply #2 on: 09/20/04 09:14 AM »

I had  a Yukon Denali before this. If I could could do it over again I would stay with my Denali. The first reason is all that money spent on this vehicle they could have given us the bose system as a stnd pack instead of the crappy delco. My Denali had heated seats front and rear this truck cost me more had non of that. I would have waited till late 03 or 04. :E:
2002 summit White North Face Roof Rack Love My Seats. Powerflow splash guards,Blk Westin nerf bars. GM BugShield and window rain Guards. KandN Mass air.

sssMOkinAV

• got Mo?
« Reply #3 on: 09/20/04 09:19 AM »

I love my Av, too. And the problems I have had would not deter me from getting another one (cladded this time!) BUT, that said....I would have to weigh it heavily between the Av and a  Z71 Suburban. With all the hurricanes lately and the threat of evacuation it was a nightmare thinking about how I should have gotten the 'burb in the first place. With two dogs (over 100#each) that dont ride well together I was kicking myself for not getting the suburban. The only reason we didnt is that the Av was a better deal ($$$). In closing....in a perfect world I would have the Av as a daily driver/weekender and a Suburban for longer road trips with the dogs, evacuations etc...
just my .02.

:A: monique
sssMOked 2004 Onyx Black/LPM Z71

www.myspace.com/sssmokinav

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #4 on: 09/20/04 09:51 AM »

The only two things that will prevent me from buying a new Av are:

A) my 02 Av lasts forever

B) The General continues to get greedy and decontents the Av to the point where it's not a value to me
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #5 on: 09/20/04 09:52 AM »

My Denali had heated seats front and rear this truck cost me more had non of that.

Your Av cost more than a Denali??   :o
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

boxapizza

• Love My 7000 lbs Ferrari!
« Reply #6 on: 09/20/04 10:08 AM »

It was a 99 Denali  ;D Loved it to pieces. miss it a lot it didnt even hit the showroom floor they sold it the day I gave them the keys.
2002 summit White North Face Roof Rack Love My Seats. Powerflow splash guards,Blk Westin nerf bars. GM BugShield and window rain Guards. KandN Mass air.

Flint4x4

• Silent Avalanche - In Memorial
« Reply #7 on: 09/21/04 12:16 AM »

The only two things that will prevent me from buying a new Av are:

A) my 02 Av lasts forever

B) The General continues to get greedy and decontents the Av to the point where it's not a value to me

I was going to keep the '02 forever, the sunroof upgrade got me. One defect in 3 years. (leaking foglamp housings) I should have kept my old '02 LPM 4x4 and my new ABM Z-71 so I could make people twice as jealous.  :B:
'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016

PUNISHER

« Reply #8 on: 09/21/04 01:16 AM »

knowing what i know about the '02 compared to the '04 i am definitely satisfied with the '04.  i am much happier with it than i was with the '02.
AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC

SHADOW

• STEELER FAN
« Reply #9 on: 09/21/04 07:11 AM »

I've owned an 02, now I have a 04, I would have anything else, well maybe a CTS to go with my AV  

Woody

• CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member
  • Good Luck Hawaii Chapter - Moved to Anchorage
« Reply #10 on: 09/21/04 12:26 PM »

I can't really vote on this, because I love my AV, and if I ever traded it in or just got a new truck I couldn't say that I would get another, cause I also like diesel trucks, and I am partial to the Cummins diesel. So I may end up getting a Superduty Diesel. One of the reasons I have for not getting another AV is that they don't have my edition anymore, The North Face Edition, and that is what makes my AV unique. I love the looks of the AV, and I love the power and the fact that no other truck out there has the ability and versatility in accepting hundreds of mods. Although if it comes time to buy a new truck in 06-07, I won't think twice about not buying the AV, due to the design changes. the pics that have been posted for that, it doesn't even look like an AV. No cladding, only WBH, front end totally redesigned as is rear, so I may end up getting a diesel after all.

-James. 8)

Ummm Stop the truck Chuck... Re the highlighted statement above... Whats this about all these changes in 06-07? Where are you getting this info? How come I missed memo on this? :) Hook me up. I want to see these pictures. Grazie.

Woody

Visual Mods:
Stylin Concepts Decals, GM Ventshade Package, LASR Decals, Lund Moonvisor, Lund Head/Tail light covers, Painted Cladding, Carriageworks Billet Grill, Carriles Custom Bowtie, Pro Series Neon Under Car Kit(Purple), SS Lettering
Performance Mods:
Tornado Air, Pro Dyno Cold Air Intake, VR Velocity Stack, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Borla Single Cat Back Dual Exhaust

OviedoAv

• DougyD wants to give me a hug!
« Reply #11 on: 09/21/04 12:41 PM »

I agree. I am not crazy about the design changes for '06 :P I will either try to keep mine, or find a good used one, when I have to trade in.

GoldBowTie

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Have you hugged your Avalanche today?
« Reply #12 on: 09/22/04 07:50 AM »

-James. 8)

Ummm Stop the truck Chuck... Re the highlighted statement above... Whats this about all these changes in 06-07? Where are you getting this info? How come I missed memo on this? :) Hook me up. I want to see these pictures. Grazie.

Woody

Maybe here?

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=18101

Check out page 4.  ;)
« Last Edit: 09/22/04 07:52 AM by GoldBowTie »
Av #1 2002 Onyx Black Z71  203 MONTHS of ownership (Oct 01 - today) and 68505 miles.
147 GTG's attended in: OH, WV, TN, NY, MI, Canada, IN, NH, KY, GA, PA, NC, IA, and MO.

Av #3 2009 Black LTZ  65 months of ownership (Mar 13 - today) and 146490 miles.
(124594 when bought)
23 GTG's attended in: WV, OH, PA, IN and MI

Av #2 2003 Yellow Z71 WBH  18 MONTHS of ownership (Sep 11 - Mar 13) and 9302 miles added.
(101764 at delivery, 111066 at trade-in) Traded for 2009
19 GTG's attended in: OH, MI, PA, WV

Vaeagleav

« Reply #13 on: 10/04/04 05:28 AM »

Thanks for all your replies. I hope the surveys help identify good as well as trouble areas  in proper perspective and show paterns developing over time.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

03Lanche

• Truck? SUV? Nope, its Both.
    • Mikes Photo Album
« Reply #14 on: 10/04/04 05:50 AM »

If they make it look like the images I have seen for future models I would say I would NOT buy one...  I like the look of the Cladded original AVy (WBH is ok, but just a Silverado...)  But I only plan to get ride of this for the EXT anyway  :4:

Texas86

• I love my Big Mac 2500!
« Reply #15 on: 10/15/04 07:43 AM »

Heh SHADOW!
My SO bought a CTS two days after I picked up my Av. Really fun to drive and not even the souped up model. It's our "Town Car" and the Av is for the road. Great combo.

Retired dude, loves camping, biking, ham radio. Av 2500 born Feb 26, 2004, picked up 3/20/04 w/8 miles, Midnight Blue, Tan leather interior, 1SK w/everything except sunroof, OnStar & XM, + camper mirrors, luggage rack, side air bags, locking diff, HD towing. Tranny replc: recall after 600 miles + Heat/Hi altitude & front stabilizer service mod. Magnaflow dual in-out, CB, Kenwood/Garmine Bose Nav sys w/backup camera, Decals frm www.lasr-decals.com/ Prodigy for 10,000 lb Arctic Fox travel trailer. Great combo

I CHNGE

• Always Modding the Mod !!!
« Reply #16 on: 10/15/04 07:59 AM »

If we were to become a 2 Av family...
it would be another cladded '04... :1: :1:

'04OnyxBlackZ71-4.10G80
Ordered11/05/03Born11/24/03Adopted12/15/03
XP-797BlackSpy18X9+325/60/18 Nitto T/Gs
Rancho Lift- w/9000XL shocks
Dual YellowTop Batteries
Strobes-FTAmbers-All4+FogOnHigh-885Fog-
PIAA 9006+PRO 80XT+60XT
SamcoHoses-Bumper+TailLightGuards
NFabNerfs-VRBars-Chrome AMP FuelDoor-DiamondPlateSteps
PlatinumCluster-AVICN1-BackUpCam-& more...
Just Do It!

Vaeagleav

« Reply #17 on: 11/01/04 05:26 AM »

Thank you for your replies.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Flint4x4

« Reply #18 on: 11/01/04 11:05 AM »

If I hit the Lotto I'd try and find my '02 and buy it back but no way I'd give up my '04 either.  ::)
'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016

tjcdmc

• I quit buying GM because of the AV
« Reply #19 on: 11/02/04 10:16 AM »

I would have really liked the AV if it wasn't for GM's stonewalling me on warranty issues. Because of the AV I have stopped buying GM vehicles,

Firetruck

• 02 Victory Red Z-71 1500 4x4 Leather,SunRoof
« Reply #20 on: 11/02/04 10:31 AM »

My Denali had heated seats front and rear this truck cost me more had non of that. I would have waited till late 03 or 04. :E:

Heated Leather seats are available on a 02 AV, you could have bought one with this option. When I purchased mine the Denali with all options was more expensive than the AV with it all.. :1:
Basic Stock with Jessie Bubb Tune upgraded alpine speakers, Amp bypass Mod, Ipod input mod, Amber DR L's, Slide out bed tray mod

KnightMare

• Now at 60 MODs, let try for 70 now
    • Avalanche Pictures
« Reply #21 on: 11/02/04 10:45 AM »

I'd buy my 03 back in a heartbeat. Only problem was the air bag light going off. I'd didn't care but used the opportunity to get my current Av.

2003 Victory Red 4x4. Born 11/02, Mine 9/03 lemon, gone
2004 Onyx Black Z66. Born 12/24/03, Mine 9/08/04 KnightMare
1955  Chevy Bel Air 4dr
1967 Pontiac GTO,  Le Mans Convertible
1969 Chevy Camaro, Chevelle
1970 Chevy Chevelle x2

Steelheadchaser

• Administrator
  • Forethought is better than afterthought
« Reply #22 on: 11/02/04 11:13 AM »

I was very happy with my '02 NF, and would have kept it if not for the great deals available on the '04's.
 Thank you Supporting and Premium Supporting Members, You are the ones that keep the lights on here!

Vaeagleav

« Reply #23 on: 12/02/04 04:55 AM »

Bump for new members.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

sparky

• CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member
  • Put on your seatbelt, I'm gonna try sumthin'
« Reply #24 on: 12/02/04 08:04 AM »

When I got the Av I did a couple of things I swore I would never do:
1) I ordered a vechile (instead of off the lot where you get to test drive)
2) I ordered a vechile I had never seen other than at car shows, and I was buying a first year model... and in it's first full month of production

So, I was expecting problems, a lot of them as is expected with most first year vechiles, never mind all the rad stuff the av had.

I had very few.
I would but one again, except I don;t think I could go thru all the mods again, so I'll just keep what I got.
Sig Pic removed Exceeded file size limit of 30kb

02 blk Z71 Born 06/01 K&N Gen2, HF flow exh., drop kit, cladding paint, Cargopro, TOGs, Whipple S/C, Whip tuner, ramair hood, Stripeman Z71, 20" Epic Blitz, 22" Players, Stull grl, custom BT, JVC 12 disc cd, spoiler, sunvsr, sail window, SLP Rockers, much more..
PictureTrail Gallery
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 23 queries.