Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Owner Satisfaction By Year  (Read 49066 times)

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
Owner Satisfaction By Year
« on: 09/20/04 05:48 AM »

Would you own another AV now that you know all of the positive and maybe negative issues of AV ownership?
AS you can tell by checking the problems threads I have other polls about specific areas on an AV. My intention of setting up these polls was to show a hopefully balanced opinion on the Avalanche. Most threads clearly show problems but we all know that problems can make anyone speak out and when things are good many people are quiet.  I have seen several threads where people have been scared away from an AV by seeing all the problems.
I hope the results of these polls will ease peoples minds and paint a true picture of AV ownership. It may however show patterns and problem areas that are cropping up now or maybe show where early problems have been cured.
I want to thank everyone for your time in these polls and I hope they help paint a fair picture of AV ownership.
Drive safe and enjoy your AV!
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
« Reply #1 on: 09/20/04 09:09 AM »

I can't really vote on this, because I love my AV, and if I ever traded it in or just got a new truck I couldn't say that I would get another, cause I also like diesel trucks, and I am partial to the Cummins diesel. So I may end up getting a Superduty Diesel. One of the reasons I have for not getting another AV is that they don't have my edition anymore, The North Face Edition, and that is what makes my AV unique. I love the looks of the AV, and I love the power and the fact that no other truck out there has the ability and versatility in accepting hundreds of mods. Although if it comes time to buy a new truck in 06-07, I won't think twice about not buying the AV, due to the design changes. the pics that have been posted for that, it doesn't even look like an AV. No cladding, only WBH, front end totally redesigned as is rear, so I may end up getting a diesel after all.

-James. 8)
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

boxapizza

• Love My 7000 lbs Ferrari!
« Reply #2 on: 09/20/04 09:14 AM »

I had  a Yukon Denali before this. If I could could do it over again I would stay with my Denali. The first reason is all that money spent on this vehicle they could have given us the bose system as a stnd pack instead of the crappy delco. My Denali had heated seats front and rear this truck cost me more had non of that. I would have waited till late 03 or 04. :E:
2002 summit White North Face Roof Rack Love My Seats. Powerflow splash guards,Blk Westin nerf bars. GM BugShield and window rain Guards. KandN Mass air.

sssMOkinAV

• got Mo?
« Reply #3 on: 09/20/04 09:19 AM »

I love my Av, too. And the problems I have had would not deter me from getting another one (cladded this time!) BUT, that said....I would have to weigh it heavily between the Av and a  Z71 Suburban. With all the hurricanes lately and the threat of evacuation it was a nightmare thinking about how I should have gotten the 'burb in the first place. With two dogs (over 100#each) that dont ride well together I was kicking myself for not getting the suburban. The only reason we didnt is that the Av was a better deal ($$$). In closing....in a perfect world I would have the Av as a daily driver/weekender and a Suburban for longer road trips with the dogs, evacuations etc...
just my .02.

:A: monique
sssMOked 2004 Onyx Black/LPM Z71

www.myspace.com/sssmokinav

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #4 on: 09/20/04 09:51 AM »

The only two things that will prevent me from buying a new Av are:

A) my 02 Av lasts forever

B) The General continues to get greedy and decontents the Av to the point where it's not a value to me
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #5 on: 09/20/04 09:52 AM »

My Denali had heated seats front and rear this truck cost me more had non of that.

Your Av cost more than a Denali??   :o
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

boxapizza

• Love My 7000 lbs Ferrari!
« Reply #6 on: 09/20/04 10:08 AM »

It was a 99 Denali  ;D Loved it to pieces. miss it a lot it didnt even hit the showroom floor they sold it the day I gave them the keys.
2002 summit White North Face Roof Rack Love My Seats. Powerflow splash guards,Blk Westin nerf bars. GM BugShield and window rain Guards. KandN Mass air.

Flint4x4

• Silent Avalanche - In Memorial
« Reply #7 on: 09/21/04 12:16 AM »

The only two things that will prevent me from buying a new Av are:

A) my 02 Av lasts forever

B) The General continues to get greedy and decontents the Av to the point where it's not a value to me

I was going to keep the '02 forever, the sunroof upgrade got me. One defect in 3 years. (leaking foglamp housings) I should have kept my old '02 LPM 4x4 and my new ABM Z-71 so I could make people twice as jealous.  :B:
'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016

PUNISHER

« Reply #8 on: 09/21/04 01:16 AM »

knowing what i know about the '02 compared to the '04 i am definitely satisfied with the '04.  i am much happier with it than i was with the '02.
AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC

SHADOW

• STEELER FAN
« Reply #9 on: 09/21/04 07:11 AM »

I've owned an 02, now I have a 04, I would have anything else, well maybe a CTS to go with my AV  

Woody

• CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member
  • Good Luck Hawaii Chapter - Moved to Anchorage
« Reply #10 on: 09/21/04 12:26 PM »

I can't really vote on this, because I love my AV, and if I ever traded it in or just got a new truck I couldn't say that I would get another, cause I also like diesel trucks, and I am partial to the Cummins diesel. So I may end up getting a Superduty Diesel. One of the reasons I have for not getting another AV is that they don't have my edition anymore, The North Face Edition, and that is what makes my AV unique. I love the looks of the AV, and I love the power and the fact that no other truck out there has the ability and versatility in accepting hundreds of mods. Although if it comes time to buy a new truck in 06-07, I won't think twice about not buying the AV, due to the design changes. the pics that have been posted for that, it doesn't even look like an AV. No cladding, only WBH, front end totally redesigned as is rear, so I may end up getting a diesel after all.

-James. 8)

Ummm Stop the truck Chuck... Re the highlighted statement above... Whats this about all these changes in 06-07? Where are you getting this info? How come I missed memo on this? :) Hook me up. I want to see these pictures. Grazie.

Woody

Visual Mods:
Stylin Concepts Decals, GM Ventshade Package, LASR Decals, Lund Moonvisor, Lund Head/Tail light covers, Painted Cladding, Carriageworks Billet Grill, Carriles Custom Bowtie, Pro Series Neon Under Car Kit(Purple), SS Lettering
Performance Mods:
Tornado Air, Pro Dyno Cold Air Intake, VR Velocity Stack, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Borla Single Cat Back Dual Exhaust

OviedoAv

• DougyD wants to give me a hug!
« Reply #11 on: 09/21/04 12:41 PM »

I agree. I am not crazy about the design changes for '06 :P I will either try to keep mine, or find a good used one, when I have to trade in.

GoldBowTie

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Have you hugged your Avalanche today?
« Reply #12 on: 09/22/04 07:50 AM »

-James. 8)

Ummm Stop the truck Chuck... Re the highlighted statement above... Whats this about all these changes in 06-07? Where are you getting this info? How come I missed memo on this? :) Hook me up. I want to see these pictures. Grazie.

Woody

Maybe here?

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=18101

Check out page 4.  ;)
« Last Edit: 09/22/04 07:52 AM by GoldBowTie »
Av #1 2002 Onyx Black Z71  203 MONTHS of ownership (Oct 01 - today) and 68505 miles.
147 GTG's attended in: OH, WV, TN, NY, MI, Canada, IN, NH, KY, GA, PA, NC, IA, and MO.

Av #3 2009 Black LTZ  65 months of ownership (Mar 13 - today) and 146490 miles.
(124594 when bought)
23 GTG's attended in: WV, OH, PA, IN and MI

Av #2 2003 Yellow Z71 WBH  18 MONTHS of ownership (Sep 11 - Mar 13) and 9302 miles added.
(101764 at delivery, 111066 at trade-in) Traded for 2009
19 GTG's attended in: OH, MI, PA, WV

Vaeagleav

« Reply #13 on: 10/04/04 05:28 AM »

Thanks for all your replies. I hope the surveys help identify good as well as trouble areas  in proper perspective and show paterns developing over time.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

03Lanche

• Truck? SUV? Nope, its Both.
    • Mikes Photo Album
« Reply #14 on: 10/04/04 05:50 AM »

If they make it look like the images I have seen for future models I would say I would NOT buy one...  I like the look of the Cladded original AVy (WBH is ok, but just a Silverado...)  But I only plan to get ride of this for the EXT anyway  :4:

Texas86

• I love my Big Mac 2500!
« Reply #15 on: 10/15/04 07:43 AM »

Heh SHADOW!
My SO bought a CTS two days after I picked up my Av. Really fun to drive and not even the souped up model. It's our "Town Car" and the Av is for the road. Great combo.

Retired dude, loves camping, biking, ham radio. Av 2500 born Feb 26, 2004, picked up 3/20/04 w/8 miles, Midnight Blue, Tan leather interior, 1SK w/everything except sunroof, OnStar & XM, + camper mirrors, luggage rack, side air bags, locking diff, HD towing. Tranny replc: recall after 600 miles + Heat/Hi altitude & front stabilizer service mod. Magnaflow dual in-out, CB, Kenwood/Garmine Bose Nav sys w/backup camera, Decals frm www.lasr-decals.com/ Prodigy for 10,000 lb Arctic Fox travel trailer. Great combo

I CHNGE

• Always Modding the Mod !!!
« Reply #16 on: 10/15/04 07:59 AM »

If we were to become a 2 Av family...
it would be another cladded '04... :1: :1:

'04OnyxBlackZ71-4.10G80
Ordered11/05/03Born11/24/03Adopted12/15/03
XP-797BlackSpy18X9+325/60/18 Nitto T/Gs
Rancho Lift- w/9000XL shocks
Dual YellowTop Batteries
Strobes-FTAmbers-All4+FogOnHigh-885Fog-
PIAA 9006+PRO 80XT+60XT
SamcoHoses-Bumper+TailLightGuards
NFabNerfs-VRBars-Chrome AMP FuelDoor-DiamondPlateSteps
PlatinumCluster-AVICN1-BackUpCam-& more...
Just Do It!

Vaeagleav

« Reply #17 on: 11/01/04 05:26 AM »

Thank you for your replies.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Flint4x4

« Reply #18 on: 11/01/04 11:05 AM »

If I hit the Lotto I'd try and find my '02 and buy it back but no way I'd give up my '04 either.  ::)

tjcdmc

• I quit buying GM because of the AV
« Reply #19 on: 11/02/04 10:16 AM »

I would have really liked the AV if it wasn't for GM's stonewalling me on warranty issues. Because of the AV I have stopped buying GM vehicles,

Firetruck

• 02 Victory Red Z-71 1500 4x4 Leather,SunRoof
« Reply #20 on: 11/02/04 10:31 AM »

My Denali had heated seats front and rear this truck cost me more had non of that. I would have waited till late 03 or 04. :E:

Heated Leather seats are available on a 02 AV, you could have bought one with this option. When I purchased mine the Denali with all options was more expensive than the AV with it all.. :1:
Basic Stock with Jessie Bubb Tune upgraded alpine speakers, Amp bypass Mod, Ipod input mod, Amber DR L's, Slide out bed tray mod

KnightMare

• Now at 60 MODs, let try for 70 now
    • Avalanche Pictures
« Reply #21 on: 11/02/04 10:45 AM »

I'd buy my 03 back in a heartbeat. Only problem was the air bag light going off. I'd didn't care but used the opportunity to get my current Av.

2003 Victory Red 4x4. Born 11/02, Mine 9/03 lemon, gone
2004 Onyx Black Z66. Born 12/24/03, Mine 9/08/04 KnightMare
1955  Chevy Bel Air 4dr
1967 Pontiac GTO,  Le Mans Convertible
1969 Chevy Camaro, Chevelle
1970 Chevy Chevelle x2

Steelheadchaser

• Administrator
  • Forethought is better than afterthought
« Reply #22 on: 11/02/04 11:13 AM »

I was very happy with my '02 NF, and would have kept it if not for the great deals available on the '04's.
 Thank you Supporting and Premium Supporting Members, You are the ones that keep the lights on here!

Vaeagleav

« Reply #23 on: 12/02/04 04:55 AM »

Bump for new members.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

sparky

• CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member
  • Put on your seatbelt, I'm gonna try sumthin'
« Reply #24 on: 12/02/04 08:04 AM »

When I got the Av I did a couple of things I swore I would never do:
1) I ordered a vechile (instead of off the lot where you get to test drive)
2) I ordered a vechile I had never seen other than at car shows, and I was buying a first year model... and in it's first full month of production

So, I was expecting problems, a lot of them as is expected with most first year vechiles, never mind all the rad stuff the av had.

I had very few.
I would but one again, except I don;t think I could go thru all the mods again, so I'll just keep what I got.
Sig Pic removed Exceeded file size limit of 30kb

02 blk Z71 Born 06/01 K&N Gen2, HF flow exh., drop kit, cladding paint, Cargopro, TOGs, Whipple S/C, Whip tuner, ramair hood, Stripeman Z71, 20" Epic Blitz, 22" Players, Stull grl, custom BT, JVC 12 disc cd, spoiler, sunvsr, sail window, SLP Rockers, much more..
PictureTrail Gallery

suthrncop66

« Reply #25 on: 12/16/04 12:44 AM »

I would buy again but have decided to keep this one till I'm too old to climb up in it, then I'll take the lift off and put a supercharger on
'02 2500  updated mods, down to a 6 inch Fabtech lift with 37 inch Coopers, remote resevoir shocks, Warn 9000i, on a Stealth Off-Road, Sony HU, Hifonics Zeus 1600 watt amp, Hifonics Europa 400 watt amp, US Amps 800 watt amp, Kove 10 inch subs in midgate box, Hummer rims with BFG All Terrains, Suurco Roof Rack, Ram Air hood with intake, Crane Programmer, Maglight Mod, Rear Bumper cupholder.

irontrain

• CAFCNA Global Moderator
  • Chicago BULLS #1
« Reply #26 on: 12/16/04 02:13 AM »

I would buy again but have decided to keep this one till I'm too old to climb up in it, then I'll take the lift off and put a supercharger on
Pretty much sums it uo for me, cept no lift. I drive into Chicago every so often and it's already hard to find a deck. :6:
This space for rent

CdnGator

« Reply #27 on: 12/16/04 12:23 PM »

I love my Av :A: and have had a few small issues, but doesn't everything. I love this truck so much it is being passed on to the wife so she can get rid of her crappy VW. And when this happens another wonderful Av will be added to the driveway. :4:
Current - 2004 Dark Blue 1500 Z71 - Loaded, Carriage Works Brushed Billet Grille, Ingen Powerflow CAI, Magnaflow catback with dual out, bug deflector, assist steps, roof rack, Sirius Satellite, 2-way remote start.

Previous - 2005 Bermuda Blue 1500 Z71, sunroof, homelink, GM bug deflector, assist steps, roof rack, third brake light decal,  Z71 mountain decals, ambers, Carriage Works Brushed Billet Grille.

Previous twice removed -  2003 DGM 1500 4X4

danlwil

• Toys... can you ever have too many?
« Reply #28 on: 12/16/04 10:34 PM »

I can't even see myself driving a different truck... it's perfect for me
"7"  White Z71
"Her AV3 "07 LT3 Silver Birch Metallic
"AV 5" 05 Blk Onyx Z71 t  for 7
"AV 4" 04 DBM 2500 t for "AV5"
"Her AV2"03 Victory Red wbh t for Her AV3
"Her AV" 03 Summit White 1500 t for "her AV2"
"His AV"02 Indigo Blue 1500 t for AV4

Beach

• Charter Member
  • '09 Avalanche 2LT Z71 2wd
« Reply #29 on: 12/22/04 12:51 PM »

--
« Last Edit: 09/24/05 06:35 PM by Beach »
Way back when... '02 Chevrolet Avalanche 2wd Z66
Before... '09 Pontiac G8 GT
Now... '09 Avalanche 2LT Z71 2wd, Summit White/Cashmere, Rear Camera, Luxury Package, Sunroof, Roof Rack, WeatherTech Floor Liners, 3M Clear Bra, Michelin LTX M/S2 Tires

MPGTune.com MPG History

Yakmar

• A long time ago, in an Avalanche far away.......
« Reply #30 on: 12/22/04 01:05 PM »

If I could only win that damn lotto, I'd have at least another 1500 Z71 in the driveway, along with a HUMMER SUT!! *drooling* :1:
2002 SOM Av, traded for a 2007 Grey Av, traded for a 2009 Silverado LTZ, traded for current 2011 Silverado 2500HD.... but my one true love always goes back to the Av.

Vaeagleav

Re: Owner Satisfaction By Year
« Reply #31 on: 01/02/05 10:49 AM »

Refresh for New Year and new members.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

KnightMare

• Now at 60 MODs, let try for 70 now
    • Avalanche Pictures
« Reply #32 on: 01/02/05 01:35 PM »

You have like several polls going, lets see if i can keep up with all of them

2003 Victory Red 4x4. Born 11/02, Mine 9/03 lemon, gone
2004 Onyx Black Z66. Born 12/24/03, Mine 9/08/04 KnightMare
1955  Chevy Bel Air 4dr
1967 Pontiac GTO,  Le Mans Convertible
1969 Chevy Camaro, Chevelle
1970 Chevy Chevelle x2

cajun1963

• I love the Chevy Avalanche!
« Reply #33 on: 02/01/05 01:40 PM »

I love my 2003 Avy.  I HATE the dealership.  I feel that if you pay $30+ grand for a vehicle that they wouldn't give you any  :7: about fixing it.  I'll just be a little more selective about who I buy it from.     hint hint, Stay away from "Allstar Chevrolet" in Baton Rouge Louisiana.

KB-Z71

« Reply #34 on: 02/01/05 02:08 PM »

I love my '03 Z71. Have had no major problems. I did have to take in and have the intermediate shaft replaced but that's a GM Truck problem not just an AV one. I would definitely buy it again and I plan on hanging on to this one for a good long time.  :B:
KB
'03 Red Z71 - WBH, Loaded, G80, Amber DRL's, Chrome Nerf Bars, Sun Roof, Billet Bow Tie, Air Hog Filter. I take it on as many hunting & fishing trips as possible. " The worst day fishing will always beat the best day working ".

Vaeagleav

« Reply #35 on: 03/08/05 10:14 AM »

Repost for the silent majority.... ;D
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

rxzruby

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • Naked, it's funner that way!
    • here is the website title
« Reply #36 on: 03/08/05 10:19 AM »

i had a bunch of problems but, thanks to you guys i knew about them before i bought the big beast. so does that make me smart or stupid :-[

no matter what happens to her, i still love her. :2:
WHAT: 2004 WBH Z66 Summit White Nation #67  :B:
MODDS: McGaughys 2"/3" Drop, 20" BOSS 301 w/ 285/50/20, MagLight & White Fire Extinguisher MODD, Red Sail Panel LED Lights, Billet Grill, White Bowtie, Chrome Exterior Door Handles, Painted Calipers.....
FUTURE MODDS: Subwoofer, Escalade Platinum Cluster, Chrome Interior Door Handles...
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=91

Vaeagleav

« Reply #37 on: 04/27/05 06:10 AM »

refresh and thanks for the replies! ;D
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Vaeagleav

« Reply #38 on: 06/28/05 12:34 PM »

refresh for new members.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

LoneWolfbd

• It's not over until the Wolf howls.
« Reply #39 on: 06/28/05 12:39 PM »

Traded my '03 WBH  for an '04. Love the AV.  ;D

Brian
'04 SBM Z71, FT Amber DRL's, All 4 On High, Blue Curb Lights, Flowmaster 40, Bugflector II, BowTie Hitch Cover.

Scion

• Dug out of the Avalanche
« Reply #40 on: 06/30/05 11:42 AM »

My 05 AV was born in 4/05.  I purchased in 5/05 with 3 miles on the clock.  Since then:

Hydroboost replaced (and still kicking back)
Power Steering Pump whines like a cow in a blender
Tranny shifts like a flake (cured by new code)
All bed covers replaced for warpage (and waiting on yet another one for fitment)
All rail gaskets replaced (and still leaking)
Still waiting on midgate and crossbar seal for replacement.
4WD whines intermittently
A/C compressor sometimes bangs loudly when engaged
Third Brake Light not working (loose harness in roof)
Interior alert bell quit working completely...then started working again.
After that, the seatbelt warning quit working
Sqeaks, creeks, thuds and rattles aboud from front end (and behind gauge cluster) with VERY light off-roading (like a dirt road with a few dips and bumps).

I honestly believe that the AV is a very cool truck with many solid features.  But after this, I'm not sure I could trust owning another.  That's really hard for me, as a die-hard GM fan, to say.  At this point, every new noise I hear has me wondering what's going to break next!

To be fair, the dealer - Casa Chevrolet in Albuquerque, NM, has been fantastic thus far.  The service manager is currently pushing GM to assist them in a buy-back/trade-out.  I really wish I could get my 98 GMC Sierra back.  We may just wind up in a deck out Tahoe.

So, no offense intended toward those who love your AV's.  But this one's been painful enough in such a short time, I'm just not feeling quite as much love.  I'll post a follow up with whatever happens.

All the best!  :B:
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB 4x4
***Yeah, it's got a Hemi! ;D ***

***2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP***
---Nicely Modded and Hauls...Kids ;o)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/sciongtp

**2005 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z-71 WBH**
Let the Repairs Begin...C'mon Money Tree!!

Scion

« Reply #41 on: 07/06/05 11:29 AM »

Follow this LINK to see the latest.  Can you believe that we've gotten almost nowhere in the past week??  :E:

Desert Rat

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • GO MOPAR :-P
« Reply #42 on: 07/18/05 07:12 PM »

just found this thread....

Do I love the AV...... yes....

Do I love my AV.... no...

Do I regret buying my AV..... no...
as without the AV I would not have made the friends that I did throught all the AV sites....

would I buy another AV... no
Remember. You can live in your car, but you can't drive your house.

2003 DGM AV..... RIP 09-10-2005

My new ride is a GoManGo Dodge Charger Daytona R/T mods thus far... Rockblocker headlight and tailight kits, MOPAR CAI

PUNISHER

« Reply #43 on: 07/19/05 01:45 PM »

i think i saw this once before, but i will participate anyway.

when i had my '02 the tranny went out at about 12k.  unacceptable.  still liked the truck, but that was a big let down.  not enough of a let down apparently because i got an '04.  the '04 has been good to me so far.  satisfied with it's performance so far.
AVALANCHE PICS

bonesaw

« Reply #44 on: 07/19/05 01:55 PM »

I voted yes even though I have no intentions of buying another Av since I have no intentions of ever getting rid of this one.
I'm trying to think of something witty to put here . . .

avyz66

• I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #45 on: 07/19/05 01:57 PM »

I would have really liked the AV if it wasn't for GM's stonewalling me on warranty issues. Because of the AV I have stopped buying GM vehicles,

??? ??? ??? ???

PUNISHER

« Reply #46 on: 07/19/05 02:03 PM »

kinda similar to a situation i had with a local Honda dealer here.  i will never deal with that dealer again; not with any car they sell at any of their dealers.  i still like Honda products though. 

the problem i had was brought on by the dealer though.  went in for an oil change; they did not put oil back in it though.  they were not willing to replace motor after it idled for approximately 15-20 minutes, then driven approximately 4 to 5 miles before the car was pulled to the side. 
AVALANCHE PICS

Scion

« Reply #47 on: 07/19/05 02:19 PM »

There's a couple more updates on my level of satisfaction HERE   :E:

naylor99

• Charter Member
  • "The future is not what it used to be" A C Clarke
« Reply #48 on: 07/19/05 02:53 PM »

I am on my second AV. Had a 2002 base model, and loved it. Now I have a loaded 2005 WBH and love it as well. I have never before bought 2 of the same model vehicle... If I had to predict what I might get next, I would say another AV! (Unless the redesign falls short...)
2013 BLK/BLK 4WD LTZ : Ambers, BedRug, EZ Down, LED bed lights, Maglite Mod, Brushed Alum/Black vinyl interior upgrade, puddle light projectors, LED hitch step, more to come...
2005 Victory Red/Tan WBH Z66 (Sold)
2003 White (long gone)
Member 163, joined 2/15/02

Orion_Paxx

• WOLF EDITION
    • My Garage
« Reply #49 on: 07/29/05 01:36 PM »

If I ever traded in my Av it would only be for another Av... as long as its cladded ;)
2003 New Arrival Blue Z66 The WOLF EDITION...."NOW GATORBACKED BLACK!"

Vaeagleav

« Reply #50 on: 09/08/05 06:53 AM »

The big overall question!
Looks like most would own again!
How is your AV doing?
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

sperry

• I'll be right down...
« Reply #51 on: 09/08/05 07:13 AM »

It depends on what they have for propellant, and when. The gasoline fiasco didn't seem to change things much; they're still producing gasoline (gasoline/e85) only Av's. When they find a more cost-effective fuel, and maintain at least 80% of the range, maybe so.

At least a hybrid, then maybe.

The grain alcohol production is not the answer, IMO.

’03  Z71 3:73 LPM Cladded. Fact. Roof Rack, TowPk, XM, Gen 6.2 OnStar, leather & heated/mem. Delphi OEM (UM8 INR Nav System W/Bose Luxury audio). BkUp Cam & entertainment on Nav . DIC, DIO’d Esc. Platinum cluster, Console DVD W/3 Vizlogic 7” 16:9 (two in articultng. '02 HR's & one in pass. visor), 3  A/V inputs/FM headph's. SS893 Fogs, Amber DRL's, All4onHi, All4OnBrake.

Vaeagleav

« Reply #52 on: 01/03/06 09:45 PM »

Refresh for the new year.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Loggie

• What made it all happen--The Original Concept
    • Pics of AV
« Reply #53 on: 01/03/06 09:55 PM »

Defiantly. Just would buy the Z71 this time :4:

amd1900mp

• 2003 Arrival Blue Z71 with Cladding
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #54 on: 01/03/06 10:23 PM »

It's interesting to see the numbers..  :B:

Av'n It,
Todd

Help spread the word
Please check out my page and donate if you can.
https://www.gofundme.com/todd-bullis-fight-for-life
Thank you, Todd

My Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/tebullis

bigbadblue

• Now that I have it... is there anything more?
« Reply #55 on: 01/03/06 10:57 PM »

yes...  YES...
Bob and Lu's BIGBADBLUE  Z85  05DBM-AV2500LT...  Born 06/08/05-adopted 07/30/05

Big L

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
« Reply #56 on: 04/09/06 05:48 AM »

okay, Okay I'll bite! 
I purposely held my DD when I heard the AVA was being introduced! 
I was headed towards a Extended Cab, even entertained the AWD Silverado SS.
We bought the wife a 02 Tahoe while I waited for the bugs to be worked out. 
In 04 on my B-Day I drove by the lot and saw my AVA :o  I drove straight to the wife and picked her up from work and showed her the AVA she even said "Honey we got to have that Truck".  To me the wait was well worth it.
So no I wouldn't want to get rid of my 04, :needhug: but if she had to go I would buy another AVA again :A:

Vaeagleav

« Reply #57 on: 05/23/06 12:49 PM »

Updated to allow 2006 and 2007 owners to vote! :B:
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

03_BlackRider

• I love the Chevy Avalanche!
« Reply #58 on: 07/06/06 10:50 PM »

'03 Z66 and I voted yes. The only trips i took to the dealer were for the tailgate cables, a bad fuel tank gasket, and I had the review mirror replaced becuase the temp/compass was always messed up.

USA1fan

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
  • 2007 Avalanche LTZ 4x4
« Reply #59 on: 07/09/06 07:03 PM »

I'll bite as the first 2007 owner to reply (but not nearly the longest ownership experience yet.. with only 2 full days under my belt now).

I voted yes.  Then again, I would've had an Av years ago if-

1. I could've afforded it (2002-2003), even with the cladding, which I didn't (and don't in most cases) care for.  No offense to those of you that love it.
2. There would've been any at the dealership (Oct 2004, NO Avs on the lot, ended up with a Trailblazer)
3. The only Av on the lot would've either
   a. Been equipped as well as the Silverado I bought AND been priced fairly close (instead of less equipped but $2k more), or
   b. Been priced lower than the Silverado (since the Av had much less equipment)

So when the 2007 photos were released and I was actually in a good financial situation I jumped on it.  Might call me a serious Av fanatic, just waiting for the right opportunity.

And the best part- as much as I was turned on by what I've read everywhere, I still didn't expect the amount of pride I feel after switching from the Silverado to the Av.  I knew I'd like it better, but after only two days with it I'm actually a bit surprised by HOW MUCH better I like it  :A:.  I was starting to have second thoughts about going through with the whole thing last week, and fully expected to miss the Silverado quite a bit, even if the Av made me happy.  But I'm finding that I DON'T miss it at all!

Good job with this one, Chevy.   :B:
[

Vaeagleav

« Reply #60 on: 10/10/06 10:42 AM »

bump
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Vaeagleav

« Reply #61 on: 01/14/07 10:12 AM »

refresh for 2007
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

XRover

• Charter Member
« Reply #62 on: 02/10/07 08:56 AM »

After I got my 2002 AV back in 2001, I thought it was the best truck I had ever owned/driven. When the new interior came out in 2003, I decided that in 2004 I would get another AV. In 2003 I got a 2004 2500 AV and loved it even more then my 2002.

I sold the 2004 AV last year and after seeing the 2007's I thought that "This truck is only getting better"

Well I finally got an 07 AV LTZ. After putting 1000 miles on it, I am dissapointed in the whole truck.
After 2002, GM has steadily tightened the leash on the performance characteristics (Torque Management) Sure the 2007 looks different then the original AV and it still has a Midgate, but the "being One with the vehicle" feeling is gone.

I always felt that on the original Av, I was driving the truck and could feel everything it was doing.
On my 2007, I feel the AV is driving me and the driver sensation is minimal at best.

The 2007 feels heavy and massive.
Both my 2002 and 2004 Av's felt more nimble and predictable.

I do love all the new gadgets on the 07's and if those were all present on the previous AV, I would probably go back.

The DOD is a joke.

Just my opinions of course
Have had 02 and 04 and 07 Av's.  I sold the 07 and downsized.
The 04 was my favorite.

Vaeagleav

« Reply #63 on: 08/04/07 02:00 PM »

modify poll for 2008 models.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Vaeagleav

« Reply #64 on: 11/24/07 05:12 AM »

Bump
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

MooseAlanche

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • The Moose Is On The Loose
« Reply #65 on: 11/24/07 02:41 PM »

Love the 05, no problems with it, runs like a top
Pete
05 Black Avalanche 5.3L, Z71, Cladded, Chrome Brush Bar, Speed Grille, SS Nerf Bars, Fire & Ice Tailgate LED, Lund Bug Shield, Putco Tailgate Handle Cover, K&N #77 Cold Air Intake, PowerAid TBS, MagnaFlow SS CatBack. Since Joining CAFC: Amber FTDRL, LED Sail Panel Lights, Amber LED Grille Lights, Door Pocket LED's, Mag Lite, 3rd Brake & Tailgate Decals, Cargo Light, Billet Gas Door, Tailgate Cup Holders, Backup Cam, I Pod2car, WoLo Horn, PlasmaGlow Xeon Bulbs, Window Tint, Tailgate E-Z Up, HyperTech

Vaeagleav

« Reply #66 on: 01/11/08 11:52 AM »

Bump for the new year.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Supermobile

• CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member
  • Lead Guitar Picker
    • Supermobile site
« Reply #67 on: 01/11/08 12:10 PM »

Good idea about keeping track like this.

GM is listening!

Member since 2002. Listen to professionally recorded Avalanche Songs: http://www.larryhaydenmusic.com/avalanche.html

Vaeagleav

« Reply #68 on: 05/15/08 09:35 AM »

bump
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Vaeagleav

« Reply #69 on: 10/25/08 08:14 AM »

Updated for 2009 models.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Vaeagleav

« Reply #70 on: 01/22/10 06:41 AM »

Updated for 2010 models.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #71 on: 01/22/10 08:14 PM »

Updated for 2010 models.

WOW you bump 10 post so I'll say who cares  ???

Should I start another poll. ???
2003 2500

Z66 BUTCH

• CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member
  • I love Dachshunds
« Reply #72 on: 01/22/10 08:29 PM »

People are not posting in this thread but are voting. I don't think one or two bumps a year are out of the way, kind of keeps it going....... : :B:

Vaeagleav

« Reply #73 on: 01/22/10 09:06 PM »

WOW you bump 10 post so I'll say who cares  ???

Should I start another poll. ???

Thank you z66 BUTCH, yes that was my intent for the bumps. Back in 2004 when I started these polls I asked for them to be tagged or whatever it's called so they stay at the top of each problem section to make them easy for new members to find.That didn't happen so I try about once a year to bring the polls to the first page so that newer members can see and vote on them or answer a question they may have on a problem.
Also I was hoping that more than a few hundred people would cast their votes considering the thousands of members we have. I was also hoping that Chevy was monitoring the site and maybe if a problem pattern emerged then maybe they could do work on solving the problems.
I admit I'm not as optimistic about things as I was back in 2004 but I don't like to give up if I think my efforts may help someone. I would like to see many happy and confident owners of the AV and if the polls can help show a true picture of AV ownership and not just complaints I will think this once or twice a year effort is worth it,at least to me.
To answer the queston, I guess I care somewhat but I am not asking anyone else to care.
I also have no problem with anyone else's polls or threads, If I am not interested I just don't open the thread......I also don't criticize those who post what they feel is relevant.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

Flint4x4

« Reply #74 on: 01/23/10 11:36 AM »

Not to be critical of bringing the old polls back up once in a while but this poll in particular is slightly irrelevant, I had an '02 for three years and have had an '04 ever since. I suggest you close this poll with information left intact and replace it with a new poll, multiple choice as many have owned more than one Avalanche.

Maybe Original Owner Satisfaction By Year ? and a second poll for Second Hand AV Owners ?

Z66 BUTCH

• I love Dachshunds
« Reply #75 on: 01/23/10 01:56 PM »

Can you change the poll to allow more than on choice, I would hate to see the 400+ "votes" get files away never to be seen.

Z66 BUTCH

• I love Dachshunds
« Reply #76 on: 01/23/10 01:59 PM »

Would you own another AV knowing what you now know?

Flint4x4, after re-reading the poll question I guess that your answer would be yes.......... :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 01/23/10 02:06 PM by Z66 BUTCH »

Vaeagleav

« Reply #77 on: 01/23/10 03:41 PM »

I appreciate all comments good or bad.
I just looked at the edit poll function and I didn't find a way to allow for multiple choices at one time. I also looked in 2004 when I started these polls. I guess for this poll it does matter somewhat since one year AV could have given someone a problem but they bought a second AV and it was better or vice versa?
I can see where it doesn't allow for those who voted early on in the poll to alter their vote due to recent experiences?
On the other polls about specific problem areas I can see it being a bigger problem in that some problems vary by model years but I am not computer literate enough to figure out how to allow multiple votes for those who have owned several AVs such as myself.
I think I will leave the poll making to other members who are more computer literate and will support their efforts.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 

cnorgren

« Reply #78 on: 01/23/10 07:26 PM »

I loved the avalanche when it first came out and now that i have my 2002 i will be owning many more avalanches in my future cause they are a nice respectful truck and so fun to own...... P.S. all my friends who also own trucks are jealous the my rear window is removable :P
2013 Black Diamond LTZ!

Flint4x4

« Reply #79 on: 01/23/10 08:58 PM »

Can you change the poll to allow more than on choice, I would hate to see the 400+ "votes" get files away never to be seen.

I think you have to allow more than one vote when you start a poll and can't change that later. I didn't say clear the poll, I said start a new poll. It would be simple enough to copy/paste results of this poll into first post of a new poll for easy reference rather than bury them.

Z66 BUTCH, well yeah but finding another cladded one with low miles would be difficult today.  :B:

deflund

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #80 on: 01/03/12 02:54 PM »

I may just be one of the lucky ones, but my '02 Av has been outstanding.  While it doesn't get driven every day, its always been there when I needed it to pull the boat to the lake and get it back home.  Only one problem with the ignition circuit since it was new.  Saw many later '03's with really weird problems I never saw and then it seems in '04 and on they started improving again.  Rumors of halting Av production by the General after '12 are disappointing.  I wonder if the foreign bunch will still try and copy its design......  Hope mine lasts forever!

Hound

« Reply #81 on: 11/04/12 03:57 AM »

I think you have to allow more than one vote when you start a poll and can't change that later. I didn't say clear the poll, I said start a new poll. It would be simple enough to copy/paste results of this poll into first post of a new poll for easy reference rather than bury them. 

Yep, this poll should be redone.  Years have gone by since it was initiated AND we now have the last model year on the pavement.  For me, I am selling my 04 but it is not because of any problem.  Just got to the time for me.  Obviously I would buy another one because I did.
Hound
2013 LT, Silver Ice All-Star Pkg, Chrome tow hooks, Grover Emergency airhorn, iSimple A2DP Streaming Audio

Former:  '04 Z66 WBH, Dk Metallic Blue, 20" Evo Velociti 6, Grover airhorns, Maglite, dual stainless tip, CarriageWorks billet grill, tilting headrests, Snakeeyes backup cam.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 23 queries.