• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Owner Satisfaction By Year

Would you own another AV knowing what you now know?

• 2002 - Yes

Votes: 265 44.2%
  • 2002 - No

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 2003 - Yes

Votes: 78 13.0%
  • 2003 - No

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 2004- Yes

Votes: 79 13.2%
  • 2004 - No

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • 2005 - Yes

Votes: 67 11.2%
  • 2005 - No

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • 2006 -Yes

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • 2006 -No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2007 -Yes

Votes: 23 3.8%
  • 2007 -No

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 2008 -Yes

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • 2008 -No

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 2009 -Yes

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 2009 -No

• 2010 -Yes

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • 2010 -No

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 2011 -Yes

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 2011 -No

• 2012 - Yes

• 2012 - No

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 2013 -Yes

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • 2013 - No

• Total voters

Vaeagleav

PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
PM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
SM 2006
SM 2005
Would you own another AV now that you know all of the positive and maybe negative issues of AV ownership?
AS you can tell by checking the problems threads I have other polls about specific areas on an AV. My intention of setting up these polls was to show a hopefully balanced opinion on the Avalanche. Most threads clearly show problems but we all know that problems can make anyone speak out and when things are good many people are quiet. I have seen several threads where people have been scared away from an AV by seeing all the problems.
I hope the results of these polls will ease peoples minds and paint a true picture of AV ownership. It may however show patterns and problem areas that are cropping up now or maybe show where early problems have been cured.
I want to thank everyone for your time in these polls and I hope they help paint a fair picture of AV ownership.
Drive safe and enjoy your AV!

I can't really vote on this, because I love my AV, and if I ever traded it in or just got a new truck I couldn't say that I would get another, cause I also like diesel trucks, and I am partial to the Cummins diesel. So I may end up getting a Superduty Diesel. One of the reasons I have for not getting another AV is that they don't have my edition anymore, The North Face Edition, and that is what makes my AV unique. I love the looks of the AV, and I love the power and the fact that no other truck out there has the ability and versatility in accepting hundreds of mods. Although if it comes time to buy a new truck in 06-07, I won't think twice about not buying the AV, due to the design changes. the pics that have been posted for that, it doesn't even look like an AV. No cladding, only WBH, front end totally redesigned as is rear, so I may end up getting a diesel after all.

-James. :cool:

I had a Yukon Denali before this. If I could could do it over again I would stay with my Denali. The first reason is all that money spent on this vehicle they could have given us the bose system as a stnd pack instead of the crappy delco. My Denali had heated seats front and rear this truck cost me more had non of that. I would have waited till late 03 or 04. :E:

I love my Av, too. And the problems I have had would not deter me from getting another one (cladded this time!) BUT, that said....I would have to weigh it heavily between the Av and a Z71 Suburban. With all the hurricanes lately and the threat of evacuation it was a nightmare thinking about how I should have gotten the 'burb in the first place. With two dogs (over 100#each) that dont ride well together I was kicking myself for not getting the suburban. The only reason we didnt is that the Av was a better deal ($$$). In closing....in a perfect world I would have the Av as a daily driver/weekender and a Suburban for longer road trips with the dogs, evacuations etc...
just my .02.

:love: monique

The only two things that will prevent me from buying a new Av are:

A) my 02 Av lasts forever

B) The General continues to get greedy and decontents the Av to the point where it's not a value to me

midlifecrisis said:
The only two things that will prevent me from buying a new Av are:

A) my 02 Av lasts forever

B) The General continues to get greedy and decontents the Av to the point where it's not a value to me

I was going to keep the '02 forever, the sunroof upgrade got me. One defect in 3 years. (leaking foglamp housings) I should have kept my old '02 LPM 4x4 and my new ABM Z-71 so I could make people twice as jealous. :B:

knowing what i know about the '02 compared to the '04 i am definitely satisfied with the '04. i am much happier with it than i was with the '02.

james21 said:
I can't really vote on this, because I love my AV, and if I ever traded it in or just got a new truck I couldn't say that I would get another, cause I also like diesel trucks, and I am partial to the Cummins diesel. So I may end up getting a Superduty Diesel. One of the reasons I have for not getting another AV is that they don't have my edition anymore, The North Face Edition, and that is what makes my AV unique. I love the looks of the AV, and I love the power and the fact that no other truck out there has the ability and versatility in accepting hundreds of mods. Although if it comes time to buy a new truck in 06-07, I won't think twice about not buying the AV, due to the design changes. the pics that have been posted for that, it doesn't even look like an AV. No cladding, only WBH, front end totally redesigned as is rear, so I may end up getting a diesel after all.

Ummm Stop the truck Chuck... Re the highlighted statement above... Whats this about all these changes in 06-07? Where are you getting this info? How come I missed memo on this? :) Hook me up. I want to see these pictures. Grazie.

Woody

I agree. I am not crazy about the design changes for '06 :p I will either try to keep mine, or find a good used one, when I have to trade in.

Woody said:
james21 said:

Ummm Stop the truck Chuck... Re the highlighted statement above... Whats this about all these changes in 06-07? Where are you getting this info? How come I missed memo on this? :) Hook me up. I want to see these pictures. Grazie.

Woody

Maybe here?

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=18101

Check out page 4. ;)

Thanks for all your replies. I hope the surveys help identify good as well as trouble areas in proper perspective and show paterns developing over time.

If they make it look like the images I have seen for future models I would say I would NOT buy one... I like the look of the Cladded original AVy (WBH is ok, but just a Silverado...) But I only plan to get ride of this for the EXT anyway >:D

Heh SHADOW!
My SO bought a CTS two days after I picked up my Av. Really fun to drive and not even the souped up model. It's our "Town Car" and the Av is for the road. Great combo.

If we were to become a 2 Av family...
it would be another cladded '04... (y) (y)

If I hit the Lotto I'd try and find my '02 and buy it back but no way I'd give up my '04 either. :rolleyes:

I would have really liked the AV if it wasn't for GM's stonewalling me on warranty issues. Because of the AV I have stopped buying GM vehicles,

boxapizza said:
My Denali had heated seats front and rear this truck cost me more had non of that. I would have waited till late 03 or 04. :E:

Heated Leather seats are available on a 02 AV, you could have bought one with this option. When I purchased mine the Denali with all options was more expensive than the AV with it all.. (y)

I'd buy my 03 back in a heartbeat. Only problem was the air bag light going off. I'd didn't care but used the opportunity to get my current Av.

I was very happy with my '02 NF, and would have kept it if not for the great deals available on the '04's.

When I got the Av I did a couple of things I swore I would never do:
1) I ordered a vechile (instead of off the lot where you get to test drive)
2) I ordered a vechile I had never seen other than at car shows, and I was buying a first year model... and in it's first full month of production

So, I was expecting problems, a lot of them as is expected with most first year vechiles, never mind all the rad stuff the av had.

I had very few.
I would but one again, except I don;t think I could go thru all the mods again, so I'll just keep what I got.

Back