• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chevy Repair Database

ericu571

You know lately I have been noticing a lot of people talking about problems with there AV's.

So I think I have a solution. I think we should create a repair database with a list of all the issues we have run into and a solution. Then we should have a link on this site to the DB. This way people can go to the DB and enter there problem and have a solution appear.

I think we should either use an Access DB or SQL.

What do you think of this idea? Anyone want to help me design and build it? I think this is a MOD we really need.

Eric

I agree with you Eric! A troubleshooting guide would be great idea. I like being able to pull lots of solutions into a specific area since the threads can get off track sometimes and you have to filter through many pages to get to a proper solution.It would be great to have photo step by step proceedures too if possible.
I wish I could help you but i'm not a computer wizard and I don't have digital camera gear either. I am willing to bet there are plenty of experts out there to help with your project. Good Luck with a great idea.

Its a good idea, but Access DB..... I would recommend MYsql, like this site is using as its free and most powerful for web app's.

I would offer my time, but I am currently working on a different project with Mysql and Java (outside my paying job)...

AND/OR a FAQ section. "Or" as a temporary basis...?

My thoughts are this. I am going to design a MySQL DB and have several areas.

An area for repair questions and how to's
An area for MOD questions and How to's

I am going to break it down by areas (i.e engine, suspension, body, etc.). People can search through a list of problems and find a solution and maybe a step by step repair w/pictures.

I also want an area where people can submitt things they have delt with.

Great idea... I hope you can make it happen.
Good luck,
Damon

Ok everyone, it is now started. I am using an SQL DB and will put it on the web when it is done. I will keep you up to date. If you would like to add anything or have anything you would like to see in it, then please post it.

It takes a bit of effort for each entry, however there are many topics in the Problems, Questions and Answers section. There are several here in the Technical Info (Read only) area.

i have a full version 8.1 of all data which goes to 04 it is every vehicle made with all kind of stuff read on alldata then email me if yall want to use it for this site i can help possibly. chris

Back