• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

BULLY BAR SAVES THE DAY

Jerkyking

I was at a buddy's house to pick up a couch, it was the first time he seen the AV. After proudly showing it off we loaded the couch (which fit with the gate closed) and he was admiring the Bully Bar Hitch Cover I have.

It was then I noticed the scrach and red paint on it. I'm very carful on where I park (usally around no one) so I'm pretty darn sure I didn't screw anyone over.

But it did the job saving my bumper. Best $45 bucks I spent.

Attachments

• bully_bar_hitch_cover.jpg
    bully_bar_hitch_cover.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 272
I have one as well, made by a company called Go Rhino products. I bought mine when I had a Tahoe and transplanted it to my new '04 Z66. I pity the fool who hits that thing!

I got rear ended by a drunk driver in my last car so the Go Rhino 42" hitch step was one of my first additions to the Av.

leftside.jpg

420greg said:
I got rear ended by a drunk driver in my last car so the Go Rhino 42" hitch step was one of my first additions to the Av.

leftside.jpg

I was rear ended twice in my S-10 and once in my Av (1st week I had it but luckily no damage! :7: :8:)... so I've been running with my hitch ball in my receiver... think I'll look into the purchase of one of these!

That's the main reason I got mine. Here it is in chrome.

Attachments

• Avalanche_with_Chrome_Step_Plates_1.jpg
    Avalanche_with_Chrome_Step_Plates_1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 270
I also added the Go Rhino hitchstep early on (back in 2001) more for protection than anything else. I went for the Stainless Steel because I wanted it to stand out and reflect light. I have been rear-ended at least once with it in place...no damage to the Av.

Score another one for the Bully! This makes three times it saved my bumper(s).....always in a parking lot while parked by someone backing out of a parking space........up to now it only dined foreign taking a bite out of a Kia and then a Nissan, yesterday it went for a domestic when it took a bite out of an Acadia equipped with rear sensors and a camera which the driver evidently chose to ignore (why take 2 or 3 maneuvers to get out of a tight spaces; just backup until you hit something?)

Had to buff the Acadia's paint off the Bully, but it shined right up, ready for another brawl with the next clueless driver. Wish I could extend it further out to the second hole on the hitch, but if you do on a post '07 it can interfere with and disable any ultrasonic sensors in the bumper.

I have the same on mine and also on my side steps. Came from a member here. DiamondPete i think if i remember correctly.  (y)

Local police are running Tahoes because GM gives them a 100,000 mile warranty where as Ford only gives a 30,000 mile warranty. They put a similar bar on ALL of the Tahoes I have seen although they are all black to match the color of the trucks which are all blacked out.

Rodney

Back