• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

100,000 Mile Club

AvaLance

SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Well I have joined the 100,000 mile club, on my way home from quading on the beach I turned 100K on my AV. AZFun has pic of my miles at 99,999 and I have one at 100,000 SO any one else have 100K on there AV post here lets make our own "Nation"

First Congrats!!! At it was done when fuel costs were lower!

Check with SovereignMgmt, as his 03 is probably at 200,000 miles by now....

I'm glad I don't have to pay his fuel bill!

Well it's about time, Lance. What took you so long? ;)

Congrats Lance!

I have just about 2K to go to reach 100K. If I had steady work in the last year and a half, I would be pushing closer to the 200K mark by now.

Todd

i know we have a bunch of "Nations" going on here. some i would like to be a member of. i don't want to be part of the "100,000 mile Nation" anytime soon. ;)

Don't hold your breath waiting on me, I traded my '02 at 3 years with 13K on it. :rolleyes:

Wow!! That's a lot of driving in 3 years.

Last July we bought a '93 Cadillac Fleetwood with 88.5 miles on it (really low for being 10 years old). Over the past year or so, I used it mainly just for the 25 minute drive to school and back and it now has 98.5k. Sometime, probably next summer, it'll hit 100k and I'm going to be sure there's a camera in the car to capture the moment.

Then again, my 11 year old car still has less miles than your 3 year old truck. :eek: In two years with the '02 Av, my mother put 33k miles on it by trade-in time this June. Now, in 4 months, she has over 7k on her new Suburban and thinks it's getting too high, too quick. :rolleyes:

Congrats!! Guess I'm with Punisher on this one though. I hate those high mileage milestones. But I do have to wonder - Which will come first??? $100,000 in mods, or 100,000 miles ???

Sourmash

I've got about 69,000 miles now Mine being one of the first Av's on the road 6/1/01..
I hit 100.000 in a car wash on my Tahoe a few years back... :B:

For those of you that have racked up a lot of miles, anything noticeably different with your Avs now? Rattles? Feel loser? More power?

Not that we'll ever get our truck to that point (it will either be traded in long before or will take many, many years), but just wondering what you notice at 100k. I know my Fleetwood runs pretty awesome at 99k and my dad's '92 Roadmaster is still kicking strong at 190k, but they're antiques compared to a new truck.

Beach to answer your question with 100K I only have 1 squeek in my front end somewhere other then that there are no noises in my cab.

AvaLance said:
Beach to answer your question with 100K I only have 1 squeek in my front end somewhere other then that there are no noises in my cab.

Speaking of squeaks, I was camping this past weekend and I heard a car drive past my site and it was making a squeaking noise in the front end. I looked up to notice it was an Av! They probably have the same squeak I had fixed when the front shock bushings were replaced (thanks to CAFCNA members who diagnosed the problem before the dealer could).

Right now my 02 Av is still under the 36K warranty for about 2000 more miles, so I'm not going to reach the 100K club any time soon. Since I do plan on keeping the Av for a few more years, I'm also interested in knowing the repair/problem history of any Avs that have made the 100K club.

I would have already been there if I didn't switch jobs. When I orginally bought my Av I was driving 42 miles each way to work. I was averaging 1000 miles per week. Now I'm 13 miles each way, and these last 10k miles or slow seem just to be hanging on......

Congrats Lance on reaching 100K (y).
I hope that I don't get to 100K for quite a while. It is not something that I am looking forward to. But I am 44K away, so I should have a good year and a half before it.

-James. :cool:

I hit 100,000 this weekend. I stopped on the side of the highway and took a picture.
69432652.jpg

Back