• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Oct. 23rd Colorado Corn Maze GTG

avalanchuck

SM 2007
Ok everyone here are the particulars...

Who's invited: YOU ARE! ;D

What are we doing??? We are going to check out The Fritzler Corn MAiZE!

04_2004maze.gif

And afterwards for any of us that are interested we can have a post corn maze skeet/pistol shoot thanks to Ivan's (aka _gadget_) uncle who has a farm nearby.

Where are we meeting? Plan to meet up at the Thornton Walmart on 102nd Ave.

Thornton_Walmart.jpg

Wal-Mart Supercenter
550 East 102ND Avenue
Thornton, CO 80229

When are we meeting? 10 am. We'll hangout there at Walmart and we can show off our mods, ask questions and discuss our Avs. We'll plan to leave at 10:30 and caravan up to the corn maze. If you prefer you can meet us up at the maze.

Maze Directions

What to bring? According to the website it takes 1-2 hours to complete the maze and there are two phases to the maze. It shouldn't take more than an hour to finish a phase. We (my fiancee and I) plan to bring a picnic lunch so feel free to join us! Also the maze stretches over 15 acres so be sure to wear good shoes and it is a corn field so depending on the conditions it may be muddy. I plan to bring my gps and play with that while going through the maze. If you have a FRS radio or two bring those so we can keep track of everyone in the maze and the caravan from Walmart to the maze. If you want to join in the post corn maze skeet and pistol shoot feel free to bring your shotgun/handgun/.22 rifle and we can see who's the best shot. Sorry no deer/high powered rifles as there isn't a safe enough area to shoot these types of rifles. I can bring some clay pigeons. Bring your own ammo for your firearm.

Cost: $8 for adults, $6 for kids from 6-12, free for kids under 6. There are also other attractions available for an additional cost. Check out this link Admissions for more info. Also we can save a couple of bucks per adult ($1 per child) if we get more than 15 and call ahead. I'd like to get a head count if we have enough people to qualify for the group discount.

1. Chuck aka avalanchuck (2 adults)
2. Darren aka Colo_Avs_Fan (4 adults, 2 kids)
3. Matthew aka Mbueno (2 adults, 3 kids under 6)
4. Mario aka bluevaio (2 adults)
5. Ivan aka gadget (2 adults)
TOTAL 17 (14 paying)

FYI - Inclement weather may cause the maze to be closed. I will call on Saturday Oct. 23rd to verify that the maze is open. If it isn't I will email everyone and let you know if the GTG is a no go.

Hey Chuck, We will be coming next Sat. for the corn maze.

4 Adults & 2 Kids. (and one dodge truck "a friend".)
This sounds like it will be a fun time.

Thanks for putting this together

Darren

10-Day for Greeley, CO

Well it appears that the weather might be turning a little. Showers expected Friday but partly cloudy and a high of 56 for Saturday. It may be a little muddy and cooler so plan accordingly.

We're up to 15 but we only have 11 paying to get in... so if we can get a few more. (y)

bluevaio said:
My Trip was canceled this weekend so Its looking like im going and I may bring my GirlFriend or Brother so put me down for 2 ;D

Excellent! I've got you down. I think with _gadget_ we should have enough to get the discount. I'll double check with him to be sure I hope we can get a couple more to join us! :)

I am new here. I just joined. I got my first avalanche a couple weeks ago. Its an 2004 2500 series. I am going to try and make it.

I want to see pictures!

I was just thinking, how about I give you my cell phone number (over email) and if your get together goes into the evening, you can call us?

We will be available after 6:00 or so.

Christine

stk_2500 said:
I am new here. I just joined. I got my first avalanche a couple weeks ago. Its an 2004 2500 series. I am going to try and make it.

Welcome aboard stk_2500! If you can make it that would be great! Also check out this thread http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=58;action=display;threadid=30584 and pm or email me your info and I can add it to our contact list. This way we can keep everybody in touch with whats going on locally and you don't have to hang out here 24/7 like Joe and myself :eek: :rolleyes:

Chris In CO said:
I want to see pictures!

I was just thinking, how about I give you my cell phone number (over email) and if your get together goes into the evening, you can call us?

We will be available after 6:00 or so.

Christine

Chris,

I'm guessing that we will be done by 6 pm but if you want to email me I'll be glad to call if we're still together. I also will be bringing my digital camera... (unless I forget it :E: lol). I'll be sure and post what I can.

Chris In CO said:
I want to see pictures!

I will get some pictures up soon. I have not driven it much since I got it. Need to sell my other truck. My AV is just sitting in the garage. It will come out soon.

Welcome to the Club! If you hang out here, that Avy won't stay stock for long!!!

Dang-o! That Denver Chapter is growing like a weed on steroids! ;)

TTYL,

-Joe

JoeSpicoli said:
Welcome to the Club! If you hang out here, that Avy won't stay stock for long!!!

Yeah maybe. I think probably the only thing that I am going to do any time soon is the Snakeeyes 3.5" cubby mount camera.

I will probably save my money on my other project cars.

Way too many projects cars going on. ;D

stk_2500 said:
JoeSpicoli said:

Yeah maybe. I think probably the only thing that I am going to do any time soon is the Snakeeyes 3.5" cubby mount camera.

I will probably save my money on my other project cars.

Way too many projects cars going on. ;D

Oh there are lots of low dollar mods too! ;D That's all I can afford right now! :eek: :rolleyes:

Hey Chuck,

Do we have a total # of people who are going yet?

And for Chris, we are planning on hanging out in the area until it gets dark to do the other two attractions.

Darren

Colo_Avs_Fan said:
Hey Chuck,

Do we have a total # of people who are going yet?

And for Chris, we are planning on hanging out in the area until it gets dark to do the other two attractions.

Darren

With gadget and his wife plus a friend of mine might go I believe that we have about 16 people/kids that have to pay for an entry ticket. Hopefully I get confirmation from my friend that he and his wife and daughter are going to join us and I can call and see what arrangements we need to make today.

bluevaio said:
Any chance of any one having any CO AV CLUB DECAL's at the GTG i would'nt mind getting my hands on 1 :love:

I have ONE chrome one. I don't have any white ones... Anyone else have white stickers? Want this chrome one?

_gadget_ said:
bluevaio said:
Any chance of any one having any CO AV CLUB DECAL's at the GTG i would'nt mind getting my hands on 1 :love:

I have ONE chrome one. I don't have any white ones... Anyone else have white stickers? Want this chrome one?

I got the rest of the decals from Mark and I'll have them with me for those that want 'em at the GTG tomorrow!

Well my friends backed out on me today... :6: so we dropped back down to 14 paying for tickets... I'll still call and see if we can get the group discount. Hopefully that's close enough!

10-Day for Greeley, CO

Well I left a message about our group (14 + 3 kid under 6). I got an email back saying if we had 15 paying we could get the discount... hope we can still swing it with only 14 but we will have to see. :rolleyes: At least the forecast for tomorrow keeps getting better and better! Gotta :love: this Colorado weather!

It should work out that you guys could come out ahead even if you only have 14:

Pay for 15 and split the cost of the 1 extra across the other 14. :0:

Hopefully the weather does hold so you guys can enjoy yourselves.

Regards,

-Joe

ps. stk_2500: I got your PM, hopefully you got mine.

Back